LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
"GO FRANK GO GOO GO GO GO"

then when he slid down inbounds I was like,

I woke up my house with a large squeal and my arm movements resembled a monkey slinging poo.

In hindsight I wish I had just said "glorified practice my ass" shook my hand in front of my face then fist pumped.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Aussie49ah:
I woke up my house with a large squeal and my arm movements resembled a monkey slinging poo.

In hindsight I wish I had just said "glorified practice my ass" shook my hand in front of my face then fist pumped.

Monkey slinging poo, lol.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
I'm really nit-picking here, but I was always taught since pee-wee football that when a big play happens, you continue running down-field because you don't know what will happen. When Gore broke the big run, all the lineman and WRs were celebrating (and rightfully so) while the play was still going on. Sure they are fat and most likely wouldn't have been able to catch up with Gore, but if he tried to score and cut back at some point, who knows maybe they could have been there to throw a key block. Or god-forbid Gore fumbles there would have been no one there to recover it. That's my only gripe. I chalk it up to pure emotion, but next time I want to see the entire team running down the field with Gore.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by Aussie49ah:

Monkey slinging poo, lol.

Had those arms swinging bro.
I had just told a friend that we were about to pop a big run and then this happened. I was ecstatic because I knew that whatever we got from there would be the winning points. I knew Jim would be conservative and try and milk the clock because our defense had virtually shut SEA out the second half. When Kap picked up that first down thereafter I was like … YES!!! Our defense won this game and our offense minimized turnovers. We got the win with plenty room to improve still. SEA has peaked where we are still getting better this late in the season with our weapons getting reacclimated
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Dec 10, 2013 at 4:09 AM ]
Originally posted by Dshearn:
I'll get crucified for this....

Gore has been the best player on crappy teams...

Looking at the history of the 49ers I don't even want to think about frank gore lead teams.

Glad the 49ers had him...hate that the team wasted his youth, but the guy is number 3 maybe 4 in my era of 49er running backs.

Guys like watters and Craig had to be accounted for in the running game and really had to be watched in the passing game.

Hearst and gore bring up 3 or 4 depending how I feel and what time of day it is

I can't argue with this at all. Being compared to Hearst should not be considered a knock! Being behind Craig and Watters is still pretty damn good. The styles are completely different, and I prefer the Craig days because he was so key to the passing game, but for what he's asked to do Gore has been remarkable.

Those who criticize Gore due to speed are missing the point of his style of running...which is to consistently get ten yards after being stopped at the LOS. Is he a breakaway threat? No, never really has been his bread and butter. My favorite Gore plays are all the ones where he is totally trapped in the middle and pops out for those extra two yards that gain a first down.
I was distracted by casual fans asking me stupid questions like "so who's going to the super bowl this year?"

Like, during the end of an intense divisional bloodbath, i have to put on my nice guy face and talk to em while gore is carving trough the legion of gloom.

But i still went nuts after the play was over. I'm never watching the game with non-niner fans again. I'd rather watch alone.
230 yards left until 10K
"He's gone! He's gone!!"

My heart didn't stop until the field goal attempt. Even at 22 yards it was just...David Akers has ruint me
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by thl408:
Is Earl Thomas known as a poor open field tackler?

no. dude is all around great. Their defensive scheme revolves around him.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by swayze:
My heart didn't stop until the field goal attempt. Even at 22 yards it was just...David Akers has ruint me

Yeah, I was biting my nails on that field goal.
I was shouting at the top of my lungs, "YES! GO FRANK! GO GO GO GO GO!"

If anyone was walking by my house, they may have been scared.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I lost my voice screaming at the TV.

Though I think that happened at the end of the game when I stood up, extended both middle fingers at the Seahawks on the TV and screamed, "YOU LOSE! GET THE f**k OFF MY FIELD, MOTHERf**kERS!!!"

Iwasalittleexcited.

All of this. "f**k YOU SEAHAWKS!!!" was shouted, many times.
Share 49ersWebzone