LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by bigwads:
OFFICIAL: FRANK GORE NEEDS TO GO

I really don't care about the backlash anymore, but Frank's time as a 49er needs to just end already. Frankly, if he were trying out as an undrafted FA, he would not even make an NFL roster. He would also run a 40 time over 5 seconds, seriously.

A big part of the problem with our running game is Frank simply does not threaten the edges of a defense at all and it is killing our running game. After reviewing the Seattle game again, there are a number of runs that Gore could have easily broken to the outside for huge gains, but he so damn slow he doesn't even try-and rightly so.

I know this topic is simply taboo for a lot of fans, but it is reality. The irony is I think that Gore is so good at squeezing through tight holes that it masks a lot of the deficiencies in our running game too, so this is a double edge sword. The fact is our interior line play $ucking sucks and has all year. They get no push at all...none of them. Goodwin is downright horrible. Snyder never could run block and he still can't. Iupati was horrible all year. The advanced stats on ProFootball Talk validate all of this too, so this is just factual. Kap artificially inflates our running numbers every game also masking the realities of our dire running game.

I'm sorry gents but our running game is horrible. Against playoff caliber teams our running game is not going to work at all. It didn't work last year, but the new read option saved us in the playoffs...that won't happen again. This problem is bigger than Gore, but Gore is a part of the problem. His lack of speed is simply embarrassing.

lol. most ridiculous post of the year.

The advanced stats on ProFootball Talk validate all of this too,

lol.
Too much open field, Frank can only stay up if he is bouncing off or running over defenders!

I really don't care about the backlash anymore, but Frank's time as a 49er needs to just end already. Frankly, if he were trying out as an undrafted FA, he would not even make an NFL roster. He would also run a 40 time over 5 seconds, seriously.

A big part of the problem with our running game is Frank simply does not threaten the edges of a defense at all and it is killing our running game. After reviewing the Seattle game again, there are a number of runs that Gore could have easily broken to the outside for huge gains, but he so damn slow he doesn't even try-and rightly so.

I know this topic is simply taboo for a lot of fans, but it is reality. The irony is I think that Gore is so good at squeezing through tight holes that it masks a lot of the deficiencies in our running game too, so this is a double edge sword. The fact is our interior line play $ucking sucks and has all year. They get no push at all...none of them. Goodwin is downright horrible. Snyder never could run block and he still can't. Iupati was horrible all year. The advanced stats on ProFootball Talk validate all of this too, so this is just factual. Kap artificially inflates our running numbers every game also masking the realities of our dire running game.

I'm sorry gents but our running game is horrible. Against playoff caliber teams our running game is not going to work at all. It didn't work last year, but the new read option saved us in the playoffs...that won't happen again. This problem is bigger than Gore, but Gore is a part of the problem. His lack of speed is simply embarrassing.

WUT?

You do know that Gore has a higher average than Hunter this year? A guy that he couldnt dream of beating in a foot race? How is hunter doing at threatening the edges?

You do know that Gore averaged 7.7 yac against the rams in our first match up, and 7.5 against the colts. He averaged 4.8 against the texans and 5.1 against the Panthers? He averaged 6.5 against the seahawks last night....

You do know that this season he will likely end with between 1100 and 1200 yards rushing?

In last years post season, in three games he had 319 yards, 4 TD's and a 5.1 average...

I have no clue what some of you guys want out of a RB. I dont know if you guys calling for decreased carries by Gore really just misunderstand the position or what, but either way, you really dont have a leg to stand on with your argument.

Frank Gore is the seventh leading rusher in the NFL currently, and out of the guys ahead of him, only two have less attempts (Forte, Morris) and NONE of them have more 20+ yard gains than Frank. NONE. Frank is tied with Morris as the only two RB's in the league this season with 9, 20+ yard rushes.

What more can this guy do for you to gain your support? Seriously?
WTF?
Honestly I was so frustrated all I said was "f***ing finally"
Originally posted by 4ML:

HUGE was the block that Vernon Davis had on Sherman.. If he didn't slow down Sherman there, Gore woulda only gotten past Thomas.. HUGE BLOCK
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

WUT?

You do know that Gore has a higher average than Hunter this year? A guy that he couldnt dream of beating in a foot race? How is hunter doing at threatening the edges?

You do know that Gore averaged 7.7 yac against the rams in our first match up, and 7.5 against the colts. He averaged 4.8 against the texans and 5.1 against the Panthers? He averaged 6.5 against the seahawks last night....

You do know that this season he will likely end with between 1100 and 1200 yards rushing?

In last years post season, in three games he had 319 yards, 4 TD's and a 5.1 average...

I have no clue what some of you guys want out of a RB. I dont know if you guys calling for decreased carries by Gore really just misunderstand the position or what, but either way, you really dont have a leg to stand on with your argument.

Frank Gore is the seventh leading rusher in the NFL currently, and out of the guys ahead of him, only two have less attempts (Forte, Morris) and NONE of them have more 20+ yard gains than Frank. NONE. Frank is tied with Morris as the only two RB's in the league this season with 9, 20+ yard rushes.

What more can this guy do for you to gain your support? Seriously?

There is nothing he can do, at this point. If fans don't realize the positive impact he has had on this team this year, and every year since 2005, they never will. The guy is just flat out under-appreciated.
  • thl408
Is Earl Thomas known as a poor open field tackler?
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
I reacted as I always do, say every curse word I know, even if none of it makes sense.

Followed by: "Wait, are there any flags?"

lollllll

LOL!
Originally posted by SofaKing:
There is nothing he can do, at this point. If fans don't realize the positive impact he has had on this team this year, and every year since 2005, they never will. The guy is just flat out under-appreciated.

Quite possibly the most underrated 49er of all time. My personal favorite 49er of all time.

I remember the top 10 49ers thread we had a while ago. I would say well over 50% of the posters didnt even have him in their top ten. Probably about 95+% didnt have him in the top 5. I understand people come from different eras, and everyone is entitled to their opinions, but that thread really opened my eyes as to how little this fan base understands Gore's value to this team.

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Quite possibly the most underrated 49er of all time. My personal favorite 49er of all time.

I remember the top 10 49ers thread we had a while ago. I would say well over 50% of the posters didnt even have him in their top ten. Probably about 95+% didnt have him in the top 5. I understand people come from different eras, and everyone is entitled to their opinions, but that thread really opened my eyes as to how little this fan base understands Gore's value to this team.

He's an all-time great 49er for sure. Our best player post-2000 IMO. Ask any team around the league what the key is to beating the 49ers, they all respond "Stop Frank Gore." Been that way for many years, and it hasn't changed.
i was jumping for joy at a local bar while flipping off the bandwagon seahawks fans. And i also gave them the suck it gesture. But i was really surprised to see frank just go down on the ground.

No need for a kneejerk response. The blocks have to make a hole for Gore to run through. He's been without his power running teammate in Iupati, and Staley until this game. Ofcourse his production is going to go down. Gore hasn't gotten any slower than he was at the beginning of the season. Personally, I noticed a lot more zone blocking. Which is smart because you have had to shuffle around Olinemen and a zone blocking scheme is relatively simple to understand. I think Gore likes to find a soft spot and push through it but in the zone you have to be a little more patient. You can't dive into zone blocks. You have to be patient and read where the edge is sealing. I don't think this is Gore strong suit. That's why I was encouraged to see Hunter out their running. He would've had 2 first down runs but one was callled back for holding. He also converted a 3rd down. He'll be a strong asset in the playoffs. But rest assured Gore is fine and come playoff time he will be breaking tackles for touchdowns.
[ Edited by eonblue on Dec 9, 2013 at 10:42 PM ]
I just kept saying, run faster, run faster, run faster! Then I thought protect the ball!!! Gore is brilliant.
Me and my dad both jumpedup and yelled YESSSSS
Share 49ersWebzone