There are 188 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Frank is a blessing and a curse, simple as that, as they say too much of a good thing isn't such a good thing.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Frank is a blessing and a curse, simple as that, as they say too much of a good thing isn't such a good thing.

What i ever do to you :) lol jk gores beasten, tho if he would have gotten few more chances. Things woulda ended differently. Same story as colts game wk 3
without frank we are nothing
Originally posted by Allx9er:

When franks not in the line up defences seem to play us differently. Sure hunter james n dixon have had nice runs, its just different. Gores vision, and the way he hits the hole wit power is tops of our backs. His blocking alone says it all as well. On top of it the man can catch also
Does anyone know where Frank is on his march to 10,000 career yards?
Originally posted by 49FanMan:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=frank+gore+stats

Sorry had to
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

Sorry had to
9,539? Nice.
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by Allx9er:

When franks not in the line up defences seem to play us differently. Sure hunter james n dixon have had nice runs, its just different. Gores vision, and the way he hits the hole wit power is tops of our backs. His blocking alone says it all as well. On top of it the man can catch also

idk if defences play us differently or the O plays differenty. maybe the D knows that this ish just got real or the O knows that 9 times out of 10 frank will bail them out. his vision and feet alone are pretty much good for positive yardage on any given play regardless of perfect blocking by the oline or not. he can pick off blitzers or lead the way in space. hell, if they asked him to lead block he'd probably lay out a mofo! not a bad receiver outta the backfield either.

as frank goes the niners go, we go.... Frank has been he niners rock his entire career.
[ Edited by Allx9er on Nov 14, 2013 at 9:10 PM ]

Sorry had to
9,539? Nice.

Its a strong possibility that he could get it this year.

....that is if Roman hands him the ball more than 4 times in the second half. I am just going to take my shots anywhere I can
Originally posted by frankie:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:

What i ever do to you :) lol jk gores beasten, tho if he would have gotten few more chances. Things woulda ended differently. Same story as colts game wk 3

Frank Gore totes the rock we generally win, Frank Gore runs best out of the offset I-formation with a "21" personal group, this limits what we can do as a team offensively, so our passing game suffers, other running backs don't get touches, we don't progress as an offense, but we win games, a "21" personal group means means only one wide out, so Kaep doesn't have a lot a perimeter targets to spread the defense to open more under neath and over the top passing, and our wide receivers don't get experience, and Kaep, doesn't progress, but we win games….a blessing and a curse….

Sorry had to
9,539? Nice.

Its a strong possibility that he could get it this year.

....that is if Roman hands him the ball more than 4 times in the second half. I am just going to take my shots anywhere I can
i think he gets it a lot from here on out. dude is undeniable. he looks fresh and hes getting chunks of yards.
I love Frank, but if we plan to make a playoff push via wildcard, we are going to need him fresh. I'm not sure while Hunter doesn't get AT LEAST 1/3rd of the carries. As much as I want the 10k for Frank, I also want him healthy and ready to rock come playoffs. No matter how good he looks, a nine year vet at the RB position should not be used as a workhorse.
I'm guessing this has been mentioned in this thread before but, why are we not using Gore out of the backfield more?

Gore Pre-Harbaugh averaged 51 catches for 430 yards and two TD catches per year from 06-10

Since Harbaugh Gore's averaging 22 catches for 174 yards and he's had one TD catch since 2011.

I don't want to wear him out, but he could help Kap so much. How many times did he bail Alex out on the safety valve?
Frank now has 9,618 yards.

I can't believe he only had 31 yards in the Skins game.
  • thl408
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I'm guessing this has been mentioned in this thread before but, why are we not using Gore out of the backfield more?

Gore Pre-Harbaugh averaged 51 catches for 430 yards and two TD catches per year from 06-10

Since Harbaugh Gore's averaging 22 catches for 174 yards and he's had one TD catch since 2011.

I don't want to wear him out, but he could help Kap so much. How many times did he bail Alex out on the safety valve?

He's the primary blitz pickup on nearly every pass because he's so good at it. Perhaps Harbaugh likes to keep in his RB to serve as a pass protector? I don't know what he did at Stanford regarding RBs in the passing game. It looks like unless something changes drastically, the only way Gore gets catches is if Kap chooses to target him on a dump off and we know what Kap thinks of dump offs.
Share 49ersWebzone