LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

Frank Gore Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Frank's one of my favorite football players of all-time ! One of the best all-around running backs

Imagine if we had an o-line

I'm gonna use the 2nd one as my wall paper, is that ok?
Next Year, Frank will probably break all meaningful 49er records that he hasn't already (other than Roger's)

There is only 1 word to describe #21

It is not

Frank

It is not

Gore

It is

PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPP

[ Edited by wysiwyg on Jan 13, 2010 at 00:57:45 ]
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Frank's one of my favorite football players of all-time ! One of the best all-around running backs

Imagine if we had an o-line

I'm gonna use the 2nd one as my wall paper, is that ok?

That's cool man haha. I stole it off of someone else on the zone anyways.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Originally posted by Sabrason:
Originally posted by susweel:
Maybe if he would stop fumbling and finish his long runs. Also getting hurt every year does not help either.

Exactly. Between his various trips/slips/stumbles, fumbles and other costly mistakes that he's now good for at least once a game along with his inability to break a tackle or score TD's on a semi-regular basis, I'd argue that he is NOT currently the 49ers best offensive weapon. Back in '06, yes but not now. Bruce and Hill were clearly the stars last season, not Gore so if he left it wouldn't be a huge loss. Maybe they could get a RB in there who doesn't allow a blade of grass to take him down.

wow!!!
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
Maybe if he would stop fumbling and finish his long runs. Also getting hurt every year does not help either.

Exactly. Between his various trips/slips/stumbles, fumbles and other costly mistakes that he's now good for at least once a game along with his inability to break a tackle or score TD's on a semi-regular basis, I'd argue that he is NOT currently the 49ers best offensive weapon. Back in '06, yes but not now. Bruce and Hill were clearly the stars last season, not Gore so if he left it wouldn't be a huge loss. Maybe they could get a RB in there who doesn't allow a blade of grass to take him down.

wow!!!

They don't watch the games guys, they just follow the stat tracker somewhere in Antartica.
I always refer to frank gore as one of those old cartoons where two characters would be fighting in a cloud of dust and the main character jumps out of the cloud of dust and watch the other guy tumble with himself. Just like 4th and 1, gone for a touchdown. Who was that against?
Frank Gore is the man
Frank Gore IS, not was, an elite back in this league. The niners have been bottom feeders of this league for a long time now, and ever since gore got here he has consistently put up numbers. Teams game play against us to stop Gore it is no secret and people who deny that just don't know football.

And still every year he puts up numbers, 4 years straight 1,000 yard seasons without anywhere near the touches other top backs get. I look at avg per carry. If Gore is given the same amount of touches as AP, or CJ he would put up the same numbers. CJ is great but do it for more than one year. Teams now know what to expect from him and he had a great year but don't expect those gaudy numbers again.

AP fumbles every other time he touches the ball. Now every RB fumbles every now and again but AP does it all the time. I think he led the league the past 2 years.

So to say Gore is not an elite back is ridiculous. Now that we have some weapons other the Frank, he will have a pro bowl year next year.

I just hope we can become an annual playoff contender while Gore is still the best "overall" back in the league

[ Edited by NINERFORLIFE12 on Jan 13, 2010 at 07:34:59 ]

wow!!!

They don't watch the games guys, they just follow the stat tracker somewhere in Antartica.

This. I don't think I could have stomached watching the friggin' games the past 4 years without The Tank putting the load on his shoulders.

wow!!!

Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:

wow!!!

This. I don't think I could have stomached watching the friggin' games the past 4 years without The Tank putting the load on his shoulders.

You guys can't really be taking that post seriously, can you?

[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jan 13, 2010 at 10:43:17 ]
  • Chico
  • Veteran
No love for Frank from me! I'm still pissed because he fumbled the ball, and the playoffs, away against Seattle!

Let's trade for another younger, faster more powerful back!
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by Conejo:

you said it all man

love me some #21 (only jersey I own so far)

Gore is awesome but production speaks for itself and he has never been much of a TD guy and has been average at best the last 2 years. Willis is the face of this franchise

feel free to start a Gore criticism thread if that's how you feel

I might do that. Gore is definitely over rated

WOW. You do know that Frank has played on some of the worst, least prolific offenses in NFL history, right? Is he supposed to score from 80 yds. out every time? If you asked the players and coaches who defend this guy they will tell you he is a beast. He is unquestionably the most talented offensive player we have and is a legitimate threat to break one every time he touches the ball. He averages almost 5 yds./carry over his career, which is excellent. Watch the guy guy run; he has amazing vision and hits holes faster than almost anyone... Just don't know how you say that stuff....

you said it all man

love me some #21 (only jersey I own so far)

Gore is awesome but production speaks for itself and he has never been much of a TD guy and has been average at best the last 2 years. Willis is the face of this franchise

feel free to start a Gore criticism thread if that's how you feel

I might do that. Gore is definitely over rated

What you need to do is watch the games that Gore plays in then watch when he isnt in... Then go back and watch games when he is in and see the difference. Gore is a game changer... and if anything is lacking its not Gore its something else.... Wait? I know, our blocking. There are very few offence that played good with poor blocking and thats because they had a great QB... I know forsure if Gore has a very strong Offensive line, he goes to the Pro Bowl but also has a strong chance of breaking rushing yards gained in one year... He was close once. I dont know if you remember the year he rushed over 1600 yards, but that is the year we had Stone and Newberry as startes and they where ProBowl blockers... so over rated, never...

• Dreskee
  • Info N/A
Frank Gore= Beast....nuff said
Share 49ersWebzone