LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 141 users in the forums

Niners-Titans Comparisons

Shop 49ers game tickets
I see a lot of glaring comparisons between the Niners and Titans.

-Start at the top. Both have HC with strong views, visions, and want to execute that. I don't know if Fisher motivates as much as Sing. But I believe they are both strong communicators and express roles and expectations to all players on their rosters.

-Offense. Both want to have their offense physical and focused around the run. Johnson, White, Ringer vs. Gore, Coffee, Sheets. Both might use a legit 3 back system.

-Defense. Of course the Titans D-line got a lot of press last year with Haynesworth. But I think our DL was decent after Manusky got full control after the dictator was fired. This is why I think our D finished ranked 13th in the league.

-Special Teams- Both coaches, both teams include special teams as a major focus. FGs and returns are just as important as defense and offense.

-QB. After they drafted Chris Johnson and Young sat out the Titans made the playoffs because their QB was smart with the ball. Put the ball where his WRs could make plays, used the play action, and didn't shoot themselves in the foot. And oh yeah Hill is 7-3 as a starter and hasn't lost as a starter at home.

Anything I missed? Can you digg it?
I can dig it.
one thing you missed........talent at the WR pos

49ers >Tenn
Originally posted by Allx9er:

49ers >Tenn

yea lets hope our d can step it up this yr and maybe we can pull something like them off.
need dashon to step up big. and tarrel brown as well. we need someone to emerge in our dbs.
  • wshaheen321
  • Info N/A
Good analysis, but as for offense, I think we'll be more balanced then they are.

We'll be a Fisical run first team of course, but with the talent we have at the WR position I think we'll be a really balanced offense.

Tennessee is a very good football team, don't get me wrong. It's just that if you take away the run from them, esp. Chris Johnson...they're just average. I am sure everyone saw the playoff game versus Baltimore, once Chris Johnson left, the Titans couldn't do anything anymore.

So yeah, I think our WRs make us a better offense then them this year.

Also, I don't think Tennessee will be as dominant as they were last season. Just a hunch, don't ask me to explain.
Originally posted by wshaheen321:
Good analysis, but as for offense, I think we'll be more balanced then they are.

We'll be a Fisical run first team of course, but with the talent we have at the WR position I think we'll be a really balanced offense.

Tennessee is a very good football team, don't get me wrong. It's just that if you take away the run from them, esp. Chris Johnson...they're just average. I am sure everyone saw the playoff game versus Baltimore, once Chris Johnson left, the Titans couldn't do anything anymore.

So yeah, I think our WRs make us a better offense then them this year.

Also, I don't think Tennessee will be as dominant as they were last season. Just a hunch, don't ask me to explain.

No Albert Haynesworth.
Tennessee's offense is straight doo doo.
  • weikit168
  • Info N/A
Sorry man, but the Titans are one of the most boring teams to watch. I hope we're not like them.
Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:

Didn't they score 31 against Pittsburgh last year?
Originally posted by weikit168:
Sorry man, but the Titans are one of the most boring teams to watch. I hope we're not like them.

ya, id rather be exciting and lose than boring and win

cause I'm a 49erswebzone.com 49ers fan

YAAA!!

now lets start thomas clayton bring back keith lewis to start at both safety positions and trade for peppers and boldin !!!

• NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Originally posted by Watchutalkinbout:

Didn't they score 31 against Pittsburgh last year?

And Collins put up 300+ yards on the Bears I believe. They aren't flashy but they get the job done.
Originally posted by RonMexico:

YAAA!!

now lets start thomas clayton bring back keith lewis to start at both safety positions and trade for peppers and boldin !!!

Seriously.....I don't get it either. The just drafted Crabtree, they can't be THAT boring.
Originally posted by RonMexico:

YAAA!!

lol I would rather make the playoffs than be "must see TV" too.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by Allx9er:

49ers >Tenn

yea lets hope our d can step it up this yr and maybe we can pull something like them off.
need dashon to step up big. and tarrel brown as well. we need someone to emerge in our dbs.

what does WR talent have to do with any part of the D
wow, are you seriously going to stick Coffee and Sheets as our 2-3 backs in comparison to the Titans backfield?

Coffee and Sheets might not even make the team. we still have Robinson and Clayton. saying Coffee and Sheets are our 2nd and 3rd best RB before summer camp is very much jumping the gun.

were similar in this way, and only this way. were a running team with poor WR's and a so-so QB who just manages the game while we hope the D keeps it under 20 so maybe we can win it.
Share 49ersWebzone