LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 368 users in the forums

Kory Sheets

Shop 49ers game tickets
If we are going to really run 30-40 times a game, Gore/Coffee can grind a defense down. However, I think Sheets can take so much pressure of the QBs cause his speed is like Sproles. He gets hit and is able to just run threw it with pure speed. Hopefully he will get a solid shot.
I didn't think he showed the ability to break tackles or carry defenders when he ran between the tackles. He adds outside speed and a change of pace, but I wouldn't call him explosive.
NO

STOP IT

RIGHT NOW
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
I didn't think he showed the ability to break tackles or carry defenders when he ran between the tackles. He adds outside speed and a change of pace, but I wouldn't call him explosive.

I agree he doesn't seem to be a strong inside runner yet, but he has the ability to get outside and into the second level pretty quickly, and has the kind of speed that can take it the distance (something Frank and Beans don't quite have).

So the OP has a point...Gore and Coffee can wear you down, then you bring in a home run hitter like Sheets later in the game against a bunch of tired defenders.
Originally posted by RonMexico:
NO

STOP IT

RIGHT NOW
Originally posted by GoFD74:

I agree he doesn't seem to be a strong inside runner yet, but he has the ability to get outside and into the second level pretty quickly, and has the kind of speed that can take it the distance (something Frank and Beans don't quite have).

So the OP has a point...Gore and Coffee can wear you down, then you bring in a home run hitter like Sheets later in the game against a bunch of tired defenders.

He's never going to be an inside runner, at least a very successful one. He is a perfect change of pace guy and hopefully his skills improve. Gore, Coffee, and MRob are pounders....we need a finesse guy and Sheets may be him
Originally posted by RonMexico:
NO

STOP IT

RIGHT NOW

This.

You do realize he is blowing past third string scrubs.
It's preseason and he's blowing past guys who are soon going to be cut. Let's keep things in perspective.
explosive sheets, haha, I dont know why that makes me laugh
Originally posted by jreff22:

He's never going to be an inside runner, at least a very successful one. He is a perfect change of pace guy and hopefully his skills improve. Gore, Coffee, and MRob are pounders....we need a finesse guy and Sheets may be him

Sorry man, but to say after 2 pre-season games that Sheets will NEVER be an inside runner is kinda silly. Neither of us know that. Sure, his game is better suited to break it outside, which is fine for a change of pace back (like you said)...but to just declare right now that he can't ever run inside???

Originally posted by fzrdave:
It's preseason and he's blowing past guys who are soon going to be cut. Let's keep things in perspective.

He's playing against the guys they're asking him to play against and he's doing his job. That's all you can ask of him right now. If he makes the team and sucks against real defenses, we can criticize him then, but for now, he's doing what they're asking of him and doing it well.
I know hes a change of pace guy but it really bothers me that he cant run between the tackles.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Sorry man, but to say after 2 pre-season games that Sheets will NEVER be an inside runner is kinda silly. Neither of us know that. Sure, his game is better suited to break it outside, which is fine for a change of pace back (like you said)...but to just declare right now that he can't ever run inside???

He's not built to be an inside road grader, his strength will be off tackle. Just like Sproles he will hit the edge and take it right down the sideline.
this give me explosive poops
If our O Line can run block like they did in 06, I think Sheets will have a decent year as a role player...but he will never be a back that gets his own yards by barreling through defenders
Share 49ersWebzone