LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

J.J. Stokes has lost his mind

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Rollout16
  • Info N/A
http://sacbee.com/sports/story/1355542.html?storylink=lingospot_related_articles

Not sure if this had been posted before, but after reading this I could not help but laugh out loud. A couple gems:

"I got the most out of my opportunities. Let's face it – they didn't throw the ball to me as much as they should have. You can look at the tapes and see how open I was. Should I have had more catches? Absolutely."

"I did the best with what I was given. The two years of losing? Miserable. Steve (Young) never threw me the ball enough. Jeff (Garcia) never threw me the ball enough. They could have thrown more balls my way."

I started thing about JJ today, because of Crabtree. I remember what a shock it was when we traded up to NUMBER 10 to grab him. I distinctly remember Berman saying "And the rich get richer" referring of course to the defending super bowl champs getting a supposed play-maker. I do not for one second believe that Crabtree will have a similar underachieving career like Stokes, but I will say that the excitement is somewhat remniscent to draft day 14 years ago.

But way to go J.J., I'm sure sports talk radio in Modesto is every Bruin's dream.
  • JR80
  • Veteran

we should have thrown the ball more to a lazy, stone hands receiver that went down sooo easily OVER Jerry Rice, then Terrel Owens in his prime? Hahaha J.J., you believe whatever you need to to get to sleep at night, but just know that no one's buying it.
lol
does j.j. stokes like fish sticks ?
What an idiot......nobody cares
JJ JOKES
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
does j.j. stokes like fish sticks ?

LMAO he must be a gay fish!
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JR80:

we should have thrown the ball more to a lazy, stone hands receiver that went down sooo easily OVER Jerry Rice, then Terrel Owens in his prime? Hahaha J.J., you believe whatever you need to to get to sleep at night, but just know that no one's buying it.

You forgot slow.
Originally posted by JR80:

The thing I remember most about Stokes is how, for a big man, how easily he went down. A stiff breeze could knock him off his feet and I'd swear that often he'd already be falling before the actual contact. What we saw in the guy I'll never know!
Originally posted by 49erWill:

That guy so disappointed me,steroid pumpin jerkwad.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Not to mention, racist..
Originally posted by 49123:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Not to mention, racist..

Romo is a complete and utter scumbag. I am ashamed that guy ever wore a niner uni.
We traded up to get JJ. We did nothing to get Crabtree - he fell to us. That's what made JJ's career especially disappointing.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
We traded up to get JJ. We did nothing to get Crabtree - he fell to us. That's what made JJ's career especially disappointing.

Yeah we pretty much gave up 2 first rounders to get him

This really set our franchise back, IMO.
[ Edited by ninrzrule on Apr 26, 2009 at 10:50 AM ]
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:

That and the fact he couldn't catch a STD in a Tiajuana cathouse.
Share 49ersWebzone