LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Kyle Orton vs Jay Cutler vs Matt Cassell

Shop 49ers game tickets
Josh McDaniels must have been high............
Originally posted by jrg:
Cutler > Cassell >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Orton

I think it's more like this:

Cutler >>>>>>>>>> Cassel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Orton
[ Edited by fzrdave on Aug 23, 2009 at 11:35 AM ]
So, how are we going?

-9fA
Orton has a 91.2 QB rating and no interceptions so far. LOL who would have thunk it?
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Yeah, people have mentioned here that Cutler is really a glorified Orton. It sure did make me chuckle, but it will be interesting to see if Cutler can still play at the same high level. I personally don't think he will.

I also think that Cassel will fall flat on his face and be exposed. I think he's the product of a system more than anything else.

And i also think that Orton will be able to do just fine in Denver's offense. He may not put up the same stats as Cutler may have, but i do think that he will be able to make the plays when called upon.

Anyways, it will be interesting to come back to this thread at season's end.

-9fA

I don't like to toot my horn, but is there anything that I missed?

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Jan 5, 2010 at 1:43 PM ]
Yeah, people have mentioned here that Cutler is really a glorified Orton. It sure did make me chuckle, but it will be interesting to see if Cutler can still play at the same high level. I personally don't think he will.

I also think that Cassel will fall flat on his face and be exposed. I think he's the product of a system more than anything else.

And i also think that Orton will be able to do just fine in Denver's offense. He may not put up the same stats as Cutler may have, but i do think that he will be able to make the plays when called upon.

-9fA

-9fA

yeah you forgot to say cutler sucks balls

-9fA

-9fA

Spot on.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

-9fA

-9fA

Spot on.

yes, well done indeed.

This was actually a great year. People should point to the Cutler, Orton, Cassell scenario for many years to help support their points.

Personally, I think of these 3, only Cutler has the ability to be Great on a Good team. If the Bears can build a good team around Cutler, playoff runs I think is in Cutlers future. However, with the Broncos and the Chiefs, I think they need to move on by upgrading their QB as well
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

-9fA

-9fA

Spot on.

yes, well done indeed.

This was actually a great year. People should point to the Cutler, Orton, Cassell scenario for many years to help support their points.

Personally, I think of these 3, only Cutler has the ability to be Great on a Good team. If the Bears can build a good team around Cutler, playoff runs I think is in Cutlers future. However, with the Broncos and the Chiefs, I think they need to move on by upgrading their QB as well

I agree but someone has to reel Cutler in with all his reckless throws. I think it may do him some good to be in a more conservative offense. They completely went away from Forte which I think is a bad move. There is some speculation that Ron Turner may be fired as the Bear's OC. I'm keen to see how this all plays out.

The Broncos are in great position of bringing somebody in and developing them. While this QB draft class isn't so great, they have a great offensive line, young RB and some very good WRs. The pieces are there for a QB to be able to transition to the NFL nicely.

As for the Chiefs, they need a new QB altogether but that doesn't seem like a likely option unless they want to incur heavy financial penalties. They signed Cassel to a massive extension after trading for him which was a very very stupid move by Pioli and co. There's so many holes on that team on both sides of the ball that it's going to be tough to see anybody succeed there. The one bright spot that they have on that team is Charles.

-9fA
Kyle Orton (8-8) - 3802 Yards, 62.1 CMP%, 7.03 YPA, 21 TD, 12 INT, 86.8 RAT
Matt Cassel (4-11) - 2924 Yards, 55.0 CMP%, 5.93 YPA, 16 TD, 16 INT, 69.9 RAT
Jay Cutler (7-9) - 3666 Yards, 60.5 CMP%, 6.61 YPA, 27 TD, 26 INT, 76.8 RAT

It's clear that Orton had the best season of the three, though Cutler seems to have the long term advantage based on his skill set alone. I'd say neither did enough to establish themselves, as all three teams didn't make the playoffs.

Share 49ersWebzone