There are 222 users in the forums

BREAKING NEWS: Broncos trade Cutler to the Bears

Shop 49ers game tickets
I can see it now, sing goes after this dude and he does not perform for us like he did for Denver. Then the Troll Brigade start bashing sing, saying he was dumb for blowing money on Cutler.

If Sing doesn't go after Cutler the Troll Brigade will Talk sh*t about Sing being a dumb ass. You just can't please some people.
[ Edited by ObePwnD on Mar 31, 2009 at 8:29 PM ]
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoNiners:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
The sad thing is...McDaniels wanted Cassell, and had Cutler....now he is starting his 1st year with neither, and a p**s poor defense!!!!!!!!

LMFAO at the Broncos!!!!!!!!!!

Shannahan must be laughing pretty hard right about now.

LOL. Seriously, I wonder what he is thinking right now.
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
I can see it now, sing goes after this dude and he does not perform for us like he did for Denver. Then the Troll Brigade start bashing sing, saying he was dumb for blowing money on Cutler.

If Sing doesn't go after Cutler the Troll Brigade will Talk sh*t about Sing being a dumb ass. You just can please some people.

That's life.
The Broncos obviously were of the opinion that Cassel is better than Cutler.
Getting Cutler would increase our chances of getting shanahan next year should Singletary fail.
I just wonder what it would take for us to get Cutler? What would we have to give up? And then, What would happen to Alex and Shaun Hill?!! There is just too much against us at this point! I don't see it working for us?!!
Originally posted by boomer49er:
Ya'll are going overboard. I wouldn't start by offering a 1st, and if a 1st ended up being involved, that would be all they would get. No first and anything else. Maybe this years 2nd and next years 2nd with the possibility of becoming a first is he passes for a certain number of yards or something.

Now that everyone knows he will be traded and that he's p**sed, his value has dropped.

Everyone also knows they were willing to trade him for Cassel, who went for a 2nd round pick and just to make it even the PATS tosed in Vrable.

So Cutler = Cassel

Cassel + Vrable = 2nd round pick

Cutler < 2nd round pick.

You could not be any more wrong on this. There is going to be MUCH more interest in Cutler than there was in Cassel. Cassel was a 7th rd pick who had one good year. PLEASE! Yes, Denver liked Cassel but I guarantee you that most teams dont.

Right now Detroit, Minnesota, Jets, Bears, Bucs, 49ers are at least 6 teams that would LOVE to get Cutler. If you think that you are going to get this guy for 2 2nd rd picks you are sadly mistaken. Cutler will cost more than a #1 pick. I think a #1 and a #2 as a minimum.

Most likely it will be a 3 way deal with Cleveland involved since they are the only team that has 2 quality QBs that can deal 1. If the Niners really want Cutler they need to offer the #1 pick (10th overall) , their 3rd or 4th this year, and their 2nd next yr. That MAY be enough.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Mar 31, 2009 at 8:31 PM ]
Originally posted by NolanHasAPlan:
Originally posted by ObePwnD:

If Sing doesn't go after Cutler the Troll Brigade will Talk sh*t about Sing being a dumb ass. You just can please some people.

That's life.

No, that's Niner Talk, B.K.A. Troll Boot Camp.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Getting Cutler would increase our chances of getting shanahan next year should Singletary fail.

You beat me too it. Although, Singletary will NOT fail; however, Shanahan can come here as our football guy. Shanahan, GM, head of player personnel. I like the sound of that.
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Honestly I would like to have Cutler be our qb if he drops his whiny b***h ass attitude but I would MUCH rather see Alex or Shaun take us to the playoffs because they are our own. I would love to see Alex put it all together and live up to his potential more then anything! I will not be dissapointed if we dont make a play for Cutler.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Ya'll are going overboard. I wouldn't start by offering a 1st, and if a 1st ended up being involved, that would be all they would get. No first and anything else. Maybe this years 2nd and next years 2nd with the possibility of becoming a first is he passes for a certain number of yards or something.

Now that everyone knows he will be traded and that he's p**sed, his value has dropped.

Everyone also knows they were willing to trade him for Cassel, who went for a 2nd round pick and just to make it even the PATS tosed in Vrable.

So Cutler = Cassel

Cutler < 2nd round pick.

You could not be any more wrong on this. There is going to be MUCH more interest in Cutler than there was in Cassel. Cassel was a 7th rd pick who had one good year. PLEASE! Yes, Denver liked Cassel but I guarantee you that most teams dont.

Right now Detroit, Minnesota, Jets, Bears, Bucs, 49ers are at least 6 teams that would LOVE to get Cutler. If you think that you are going to get this guy for 2 2nd rd picks you are sadly mistaken. Cutler will cost more than a #1 pick. I think a #1 and a #2 as a minimum.

Most likely it will be a 3 way deal with Cleveland involved since they are the only team that has 2 quality QBs that can deal 1. If the Niners really want Cutler they need to offer the #1 pick (10th overall) , their 3rd or 4th this year, and their 2nd next yr. That MAY be enough.

Hey, I didn't set the market, the Broncos did. They said a guy who went for a second pick was worth more than the guy they are trying to trade.

If you want to rant to somebody go rant to Josh McDaniels.
Lets get Cutler and when/if we dont make it to the playoffs we can fire coach singletary and McCloughn (sp?)

THEN, we sign Holmgren to the Front Office and Hire Mike Shanny as the Head Coach

Seriously, you guys want to give up our first for this him? I know he is probably a better qb then what we have now. But we have holes to fill, and that #1 pick can help.

So Cutler = Cassel

Cutler < 2nd round pick.

You might be more right than you are wrong, but with the Broncos owner coming out and saying they HAVE to trade Cutler, the value for his QB just went WAAAAAY down. If the 49ers don't get Cutler, I think you are going to be very shocked to see what Cutler is traded for.

So Cutler = Cassel

Cutler < 2nd round pick.

Hey, I didn't set the market, the Broncos did. They said a guy who went for a second pick was worth more than the guy they are trying to trade.

If you want to rant to somebody go rant to Josh McDaniels.

I understand what you are saying but I dont think one will affect the other to tell you the truth. Even though teams know that Denver wants to move him there is going to be enough competition to drive the price up. Denver is really stupid BUT Cutler is too well respected to not get a lot back.
Originally posted by King49er:
I'm serious,I would give up the #10 pick for him in a heartbeat. If we were going to throw Warner big money,than why not Cutler???

srsly!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone