Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by KID9R:
Originally posted by bigbobby49:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
2 firsts, a third, and a fifth. Holy s**t, that's a lot to give up.

the bears got the third.

Broncos= 1st 2009, 1st 2010, 5th 2009 Orton

Bears=Cutler, 3rd 2009

Wrong. Watch NFL network right now

Broncos= 1st 2009, 1st 2010, 3rd 2009, Orton
Bears= Cutler, 5th 2009

I think the bears got raped!!

Man, I'm glad McCloughan ain't this dumb.

Bingo.

ya but ugh!! s**t do we need a stud qb badly man

Not for what they gave up. That is a horrible trade on behalf of the Bears...

Two 1st round picks for a franchise QB hmm. Would you trade Alex Smith and VD for Cutler? I would. Would you trade Staley and Lawson for Cutler? I would. Would you trade our pick 10 and Balmer for Cutler? I would. I think that's a great trade for the bears and if you don't agree your in denial or jealous. Would I trade P. Willis for Cutler? Hell no!

There's a huge massive gaping flaw in your logic.

The Bears traded future first rounders, not past

-9fA

And I see a flaw in yours. There is nothing special about Alex Smith and Vernon Davis. Drafting has been around for awhile, so we get to utilize historical analysis and use it as a predictor. In all of 5 mins of research one would conclude a 1st round pick has about a 50% chance of being a meaningful contributor to their team. So in all fairness since no one knows the future...chances are out of everything the Bears gave up...it most likely only included 1 starter with some pro bowl caliber and maybe just one more starter who is basically just solid.

So the Bears give up 2 starters who need development, and they get 1 starting QB who has already been developed.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Once again the niners fail.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran

the bears got the third.

Bears=Cutler, 3rd 2009

Bears= Cutler, 5th 2009

Bingo.

Two 1st round picks for a franchise QB hmm. Would you trade Alex Smith and VD for Cutler? I would. Would you trade Staley and Lawson for Cutler? I would. Would you trade our pick 10 and Balmer for Cutler? I would. I think that's a great trade for the bears and if you don't agree your in denial or jealous. Would I trade P. Willis for Cutler? Hell no!

-9fA

well no kidding, It's just showing the odds of our first round picks and how the deal could look.
Originally posted by McLovin:
Once again the niners fail.

What do you mean. We'll now probably make a run at Vick when he is reinstated.

the bears got the third.

Bears=Cutler, 3rd 2009

Bears= Cutler, 5th 2009

Bingo.

-9fA

well no kidding, It's just showing the odds of our first round picks and how the deal could look.

So it could have looked like Cutler for Willis and Staley and Frank Gore as the 3rd round pick. No thanks. He is right you logic is flawed.
in the draft you usually have a 50% shot at hitting it in the 1st round. so 2 1st rounders ~ a sure probowl caliber QB in Jay Cutler. Plus he's gone through some growing pains already, but is still extremely young. I think it's a win-win deal, and definitely a deal SF should've considered (#10 and next year's 1st and Shaun Hill or Alex Smith for Bronco's 3rd rounder this year)
I still can't believe this happened. Man, I can't dog out McDaniels too much, how could he have known Cutler would have went ballistic?

Well they can always draft another QB...then they have to wait for 3 years to find out if he is any good or not

I have always believed, the most valuable commodity in the NFL is a QB entering his 4th season with more than 30 starts and a better than 80 career rating. To me, it simply does not get better than that. I doubt I am ever going to see anything like that...a 25 year old QB on a new team who is in all likelihood is going to get 10 straight years of having a top 10 QB.

The Bears now officially have 10 years to get the missing pieces in place and they are not even that far off right now.
And the new crown of NFLs worst GM goes to... the Bears GM!!!!!

(Im to lazy to look it up right now )

does anyone else smell the stench of the ricky williams trade
[ Edited by solidg2000 on Apr 2, 2009 at 5:31 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Man, I guess the report yesterday wasn't true.

I thought WE were gonna get him.

• Hopper
  • Veteran
All McDaniels had to do was fix their defense.

but No, he's absolutely wrecked that Denver franchise because of his Matt Cassel man crush.

Originally posted by Hopper:
All McDaniels had to do was fix their defense.

but No, he's absolutely wrecked that Denver franchise because of his Matt Cassel man crush.

I am with you, but gheez how could he have known Cutler would never play for him after that? But anyway, his whole stupid idea to replace Cutler with Cassel was just plain dumb.

Belichick certainly does not actually turn out coaching greats like Walsh did. I use to think that raiding his staff is what the NFL can do to end their dynasty, now I think you run away from these guys
  • NinerNZ
  • Info N/A
I haven't read the posts on this thread, but upon hearing the news of Cutlers trade, I just wanted to register my disappointment with the Niners FO . . . again!
Of course, I knew that the Niners didn't have the Cajones to pull off something like this, but until the door was slammed shut, there was always hope.
This was a trade the Niners could have made. Is Culter worth it? Absolutely! You just have to register this organizations exercise in futility with their first rounders to realise what a crap shoot drafting is versus the sure thing. Easily worth 2, heck three, first rounders. Even the one first rounder we hit on is not worth a third of what a franchise QB brings to the table. Only homie are blind to this fact.
A franchise QB is the core, the foundation on which to build a consistent winner. The Niners demise began with the team's loss of its franchise QBs and until we have one, we're not going to be consistently back. The teams that are consistently there year after year have this.
There is NOONE on the Niners roster who is a valuable as Cutler. Anybody making an argument to the contrary is not playing with a full deck IMO. There are a LOT of them around.
What a disappointment!! Well . . . back to the salt mines!
Originally posted by NinerNZ:
I haven't read the posts on this thread, but upon hearing the news of Cutlers trade, I just wanted to register my disappointment with the Niners FO . . . again!
Of course, I knew that the Niners didn't have the Cajones to pull off something like this, but until the door was slammed shut, there was always hope.
This was a trade the Niners could have made. Is Culter worth it? Absolutely! You just have to register this organizations exercise in futility with their first rounders to realise what a crap shoot drafting is versus the sure thing. Easily worth 2, heck three, first rounders. Even the one first rounder we hit on is not worth a third of what a franchise QB brings to the table. Only homie are blind to this fact.
A franchise QB is the core, the foundation on which to build a consistent winner. The Niners demise began with the team's loss of its franchise QBs and until we have one, we're not going to be consistently back. The teams that are consistently there year after year have this.
There is NOONE on the Niners roster who is a valuable as Cutler. Anybody making an argument to the contrary is not playing with a full deck IMO. There are a LOT of them around.

Its crazy man. I look at how the zone is divided, and I think shoot the franchise leaders might be divided in the same way.

Its right in front of your face people.....Niners suck...Joe comes along, then Steve....Niners suck again

We could have offered more, it was right there for the taking...s**t
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by NinerNZ:

Its crazy man. I look at how the zone is divided, and I think shoot the franchise leaders might be divided in the same way.

Its right in front of your face people.....Niners suck...Joe comes along, then Steve....Niners suck again

We could have offered more, it was right there for the taking...s**t

Cutler is no Joe or Steve dude... not even close. He's a retarded b***hy version of Favre at best, and at worst a decent Jeff George Jr. No thanks.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
What I'd like to know is if the 9ers offered anything and if they did, what did they offer??
Share 49ersWebzone