BREAKING NEWS: Broncos trade Cutler to the Bears

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by KID9R:
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
2 firsts, a third, and a fifth. Holy s**t, that's a lot to give up.

the bears got the third.

Broncos= 1st 2009, 1st 2010, 5th 2009 Orton

Bears=Cutler, 3rd 2009

Wrong. Watch NFL network right now

Broncos= 1st 2009, 1st 2010, 3rd 2009, Orton
Bears= Cutler, 5th 2009

I think the bears got raped!!

Man, I'm glad McCloughan ain't this dumb.

By "raped" you mean they are now set at the most important position in football. A position that they have never had anyone good. Yeah, I wish McCloghan was that dumb. The bears are now instant contenders. Cutler, Forte, Hester, Bears D, ST's

The Bears are not instant contenders. They have no recievers(Hester isn't a #1 WR), there o-line is not very good, and there D sucked last year.

Cutler with the Broncos are a better team, than Cutler with the Bears.
Thank God.

We might want to grab a QB (MIGHT), but he'd have to have a better rating than Hill did last year. Also, we don't want to pick someone up from a completely different system (Shanahan's system IS different).

The biggest problem with Cutler is his attitude. TO was a "stud" too - much more so than Cutler, and he left this team in turmoil (and Philly, and Dallas, and...). You want someone who is a team player - especially at the QB position.

In the system we're building, a serviceable QB is fine. I think Hill is a little more than just serviceable. He is a genuine NFL starter. He is comfortable in the pocket, can move around, and is a team guy. The better focus on the run is going to help Hill look even better. In some games this year, teams just KNEW we were going to pass (Martz)... but even with that knowledge Hill STILL looked good. Imagine if teams are thinking "run" a lot more this season, and Hill play-actions? Imagine that scenario happening a LOT more, now that we have a FB. Better blocking for Hill AND for Gore.

We're going to run some people over.

Remember what a lot of us said about Steve Young when he came over from Tampa Bay, or even about Garcia (Jeff who?).

Big Ben in Pitt is not a "superhero".... He's just on a team that has a great line, a solid running philosophy, and a great D to keep. When Pitt needs 3 yards, teams crowd the box, and this leaves them open to PA, or a straight up toss...

I'm very confident about what we have here (we missed the division championship by one game). We have young, developing talent, and we are going to have a HUGE draft. If our D was even a touch better than last year, we win 3 more games. This year our D will be WAY better. So will our O line. Gore will be a top-3 RB, and Hill will be a top 10 QB (passer rating wise). Hill doesn't make too many mistakes, and that's what you want with a team that can pound the ball. The off-season conditioning is going to make a huge difference too - we will be way more physical...

Can't wait!
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigbobby49:
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by socalfan21:

the bears got the third.

Bears=Cutler, 3rd 2009

Bears= Cutler, 5th 2009

Bingo.

ya but ugh!! s**t do we need a stud qb badly man

Not for what they gave up. That is a horrible trade on behalf of the Bears...

Two 1st round picks for a franchise QB hmm. Would you trade Alex Smith and VD for Cutler? I would. Would you trade Staley and Lawson for Cutler? I would. Would you trade our pick 10 and Balmer for Cutler? I would. I think that's a great trade for the bears and if you don't agree your in denial or jealous. Would I trade P. Willis for Cutler? Hell no!
The Broncos will have a better record than the Bears next year.
Thats a s**t load for Jay...truth be told, Chicago needs a QB more than anyone since it seems like they've never really had one...lol

But God damn Chicago...talk about throwing it all out there...lol

the bears got the third.

Bears=Cutler, 3rd 2009

Bears= Cutler, 5th 2009

Bingo.

Two 1st round picks for a franchise QB hmm. Would you trade Alex Smith and VD for Cutler? I would. Would you trade Staley and Lawson for Cutler? I would. Would you trade our pick 10 and Balmer for Cutler? I would. I think that's a great trade for the bears and if you don't agree your in denial or jealous. Would I trade P. Willis for Cutler? Hell no!

Would you trade Willis(1st) + Staley(1st) + Gore (3rd) and your current starter of Hill/SMith for Cutler? I wouldn't.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted Cutler too. But for that price, it better guarantee Super Bowl.

the bears got the third.

Bears=Cutler, 3rd 2009

Bears= Cutler, 5th 2009

Bingo.

2 first rounders a third and their starting QB... no thanks. We still have holes to fill on this team.

the bears got the third.

Bears=Cutler, 3rd 2009

Bears= Cutler, 5th 2009

Bingo.

Would you trade Willis(1st) + Staley(1st) + Gore (3rd) and your current starter of Hill/SMith for Cutler? I wouldn't.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted Cutler too. But for that price, it better guarantee Super Bowl.

But would you trade Rashaun Woods (1st) + Mike Rumph (1st) + Brandon Williams (3rd) and your current starter of Hill/Smith for Cutler?

Yah never kno what you'll get in the draft...regardless tho, I think Chicago overpaid for him, I just think your little analogy of draft picks is unreasonable and doesnt take the fact that you can get a stud or a star in the draft no matter where you pick...
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GameOver:

the bears got the third.

Bears=Cutler, 3rd 2009

Bears= Cutler, 5th 2009

Bingo.

But would you trade Rashaun Woods (1st) + Mike Rumph (1st) + Brandon Williams (3rd) and your current starter of Hill/Smith for Cutler?

Yah never kno what you'll get in the draft...regardless tho, I think Chicago overpaid for him, I just think your little analogy of draft picks is unreasonable and doesnt take the fact that you can get a stud or a star in the draft no matter where you pick...

That's the point though we have had way more Woods ,Rumph's, Williams Than Willis' or Gore's. You have to go with the odds. Cutler is a sure thing.
as much as i would like to say that denver made one of the most idiotic trades in NFL history, i cant... because they draft in the 1st round two times for the next two years and they also earned themselves an extra third in this years draft as well.. they can now build their horrible defense and still afford to trade both their first round picks to move up and draft a replacement gunslinger in mathew stafford

• KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
as much as i would like to say that denver made one of the most idiotic trades in NFL history, i cant... because they draft in the 1st round two times for the next two years and they also earned themselves an extra third in this years draft as well.. they can now build their horrible defense and still afford to trade both their first round picks to move up and draft a replacement gunslinger in mathew stafford

Is Stafford going to be good?

the bears got the third.

Bears=Cutler, 3rd 2009

Bears= Cutler, 5th 2009

Bingo.

That's the point though we have had way more Woods ,Rumph's, Williams Than Willis' or Gore's. You have to go with the odds. Cutler is a sure thing.

The odds? There are no odds when taking this kinda s**t into consideration...just cuz we've had more busts than booms the last what, 7-8 years in the draft doesn't mean you just throw the draft away entirely...

REGARDLESS...I still think 2 1sts and a 3rd is too much for Jay...a 1st and a 3rd in my opinion was more than enough...Chicago needs to grab at least ONE WR for Jay to do somethin with...and Denver...either their going in with a rookie QB *Sanchez?* or Kyle Orton is gonna be transformed into Jesus Christ...
LOL cutler is gonna be all alone on that offense, other than forte and hester who aint even a polished wr and all his routes are go patterns who else is he gonna depend on? bears arent even a qb away from winning the sb and they just traded away future 1st rd picks
[ Edited by FredFlintstone on Apr 2, 2009 at 4:52 PM ]

the bears got the third.

Bears=Cutler, 3rd 2009

Bears= Cutler, 5th 2009

Bingo.

There's a huge massive gaping flaw in your logic.

The Bears traded future first rounders, not past

-9fA
  • KID9R
  • Veteran

the bears got the third.

Bears=Cutler, 3rd 2009

Bears= Cutler, 5th 2009

Bingo.

The odds? There are no odds when taking this kinda s**t into consideration...just cuz we've had more busts than booms the last what, 7-8 years in the draft doesn't mean you just throw the draft away entirely...

REGARDLESS...I still think 2 1sts and a 3rd is too much for Jay...a 1st and a 3rd in my opinion was more than enough...Chicago needs to grab at least ONE WR for Jay to do somethin with...and Denver...either their going in with a rookie QB *Sanchez?* or Kyle Orton is gonna be transformed into Jesus Christ...

7-8 years lol, exactly. Keep buing those lotto tickets.
Share 49ersWebzone