LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 295 users in the forums

BREAKING NEWS: Broncos trade Cutler to the Bears

Shop 49ers game tickets
I don't know if this is a good or bad trade for the Bears. Noone does until after a few years. But for the price they paid, the Bears have to at least go to the Super Bowl within the next couple of years.
Originally posted by mayo63:
I hope this wakes the Niners up that a Qb is a pretty important factor in winning football games a reevaluates that taking Sanchez with the 10th pick is the best thing to do.

Yes, I'm sure until today they had no idea that a qb is important but upon seeing this trade they now know.
If Sanchez is available when the Niners pick, I could see them trade back for the Broncos pick at 18 and their 2nd rounder. We might still be able to get Maybin or Oher at that spot AND an additional 2nd round talent.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo63:
I hope this wakes the Niners up that a Qb is a pretty important factor in winning football games a reevaluates that taking Sanchez with the 10th pick is the best thing to do.

puke, Sanchez would be a terrible pick. Take Raji at 10.
People will argue about this trade for years. It will be easy to see how Cutler does, but harder to evaluate the 2 first round picks they never get to select. Their D will not be as good, it is aging already. And how will Cutler play in Chicago in December? Anyway, it will be a different Bears team than we ever saw before!
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
The Bears
Originally posted by ClassicNiner:
People will argue about this trade for years. It will be easy to see how Cutler does, but harder to evaluate the 2 first round picks they never get to select. Their D will not be as good, it is aging already. And how will Cutler play in Chicago in December? Anyway, it will be a different Bears team than we ever saw before!

Chicago in December = Cold and snow

Denver in Devember = Cold and Snow

Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Is Cutler enough to win the NFC North?

Who will be the winner of the Orton vs. Simms battle?

Will there be any similar rift between the Redskins and Campbell?

Chicago just got a whole lot better.
Wow; Denver got a lot in return. A LOT!
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by KID9R:
Originally posted by kronik:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
2 firsts, a third, and a fifth. Holy s**t, that's a lot to give up.

the bears got the third.

Broncos= 1st 2009, 1st 2010, 5th 2009 Orton

Bears=Cutler, 3rd 2009

Wrong. Watch NFL network right now

Broncos= 1st 2009, 1st 2010, 3rd 2009, Orton
Bears= Cutler, 5th 2009

I think the bears got raped!!

Man, I'm glad McCloughan ain't this dumb.

By "raped" you mean they are now set at the most important position in football. A position that they have never had anyone good. Yeah, I wish McCloghan was that dumb. The bears are now instant contenders. Cutler, Forte, Hester, Bears D, ST's

Some homers just never will get it. Clowning on a team who kicked the absolute s**t outta the Niners. Not too bright.

Man, I am just thinking what they did to us without a good QB

Why are you talking about a game that happened 3 years ago? I mean it was 3 years ago dude. Big freaking deal. Back then we didn't have Willis, Clements, JSmith, Mike Lewis, Haralson hadn't emerged yet, Goldson hadn't emerged yet, we didn't have Bruce, we didn't have Morgan, we didn't have Rachal who looks like a beastly RG, we have added A LOT of talent since then.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

the bears got the third.

Bears=Cutler, 3rd 2009

Bears= Cutler, 5th 2009

By "raped" you mean they are now set at the most important position in football. A position that they have never had anyone good. Yeah, I wish McCloghan was that dumb. The bears are now instant contenders. Cutler, Forte, Hester, Bears D, ST's

Some homers just never will get it. Clowning on a team who kicked the absolute s**t outta the Niners. Not too bright.

Why are you talking about a game that happened 3 years ago? I mean it was 3 years ago dude. Big freaking deal. Back then we didn't have Willis, Clements, JSmith, Mike Lewis, Haralson hadn't emerged yet, Goldson hadn't emerged yet, we didn't have Bruce, we didn't have Morgan, we didn't have Rachal who looks like a beastly RG, we have added A LOT of talent since then.

lmao yeah really... I have no doubt in my mind we will beat the s**t out of the Bears in San Fran this year.
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

the bears got the third.

Bears=Cutler, 3rd 2009

Bears= Cutler, 5th 2009

lmao yeah really... I have no doubt in my mind we will beat the s**t out of the Bears in San Fran this year.

Do we play them? I don't remember.
Share 49ersWebzone