There are 200 users in the forums

Donte Stallworth Involved In Fatal Accident

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Youngone:
I suddenly have sympathy for Michael Vick....its a weird feeling

Originally posted by miked1978:
You know its easy to sit here and say he got off scott free but they were just talking about this on NFL Live. To play devil's advocate -

Here are some of the facts:
- The guy darted off in front of Stallworth to catch a bus or something. If thats the case it would have been easy for anyone to hit him.
- Stallworth has made peace with the family and has come to a cash settlement.
- Stallworth didn't try and run.

Maybe the judge and family knew that there wasn't nothing Stallworth could do and thats why he only got 30 days?

Has anyone heard from the family?

I think this pretty much sums it up, to why he only got 30 days.
I get so sick and tired of hearing people say it was an accident....

He was drunk and he got in a car... That is no accident. If the system and people would actually take drinking and driving a bit more seriously this kind of thing could be avoided....

I have no tolerance for a drunk that gets behind the wheel and "accidentally" kills someone...

Jesus people, its like no one wants to take full responsibility for what they did according to the magnitude. What if some drunk "accidentally" killed one of your children and you found out he was drunk.... I know I would be mad as hell.

The problem is there is no strong consequences for drunk driving and it makes me sick. Of course, its just an accident that you are buzzed and you get behind a car because you are a macho man and think you can handle it. Its a bunch of crap if you ask me. he chose to drink and he chose to drive, and he should know what could happen. If not, that's on him and the state should have no problem accidentally locking him up for 20 to life.

Its no accident when you drink and drive especially since you know there could be consequences
Originally posted by LundyLove:

He was drunk and he got in a car... That is no accident. If the system and people would actually take drinking and driving a bit more seriously this kind of thing could be avoided....

I have no tolerance for a drunk that gets behind the wheel and "accidentally" kills someone...

Jesus people, its like no one wants to take full responsibility for what they did according to the magnitude. What if some drunk "accidentally" killed one of your children and you found out he was drunk.... I know I would be mad as hell.

The problem is there is no strong consequences for drunk driving and it makes me sick. Of course, its just an accident that you are buzzed and you get behind a car because you are a macho man and think you can handle it. Its a bunch of crap if you ask me. he chose to drink and he chose to drive, and he should know what could happen. If not, that's on him and the state should have no problem accidentally locking him up for 20 to life.

Its no accident when you drink and drive especially since you know there could be consequences

I may be wrong but when this came out I thought someone posted on here that he had been drinking the night before and the accident happened in the morning, but there was still alcohol in his sytem or some s**t

i'll double check
link

couldn't really find much but the accident happened at 7am
Originally posted by LundyLove:

I think his lawyer had a good shot at proving it was the pedestrian's fault, or mostly his fault. I know Florida has a loop hole in which you can't get charged with vehicular manslaughter just bc you are drunk if the other person had fault.

Basically, if you are drunk in your car at a stop light and another driver crashes into you and dies, just bc your blood shows alcohol doesnt mean you are responsible for vehicular manslaughter
Funny how when their is accident w/ a drunk driver involved .

The drunk driver hardly ever dies ??
Originally posted by ninerempire25:

if everyone drove drunk no one would die

seems like karma to me having to live knowing that and facing the consequences of your stupid actions
  • A-R-S
  • Veteran
They reduced his sentence to 24 days. Hurm.

Originally posted by RonMexico:

if everyone drove drunk no one would die

Booze is invincible juice!
So redeeming yourself means either doing decades in jail, or paying off the family out of court to whatever they agree to?
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by dobophile:
Stallworth made a mistake, showed remorse, cooperated with prosecutors, and paid the victim's family. Stallworth appears to have acted stupidly and negligently, even recklessly, but who here hasn't driven drunk at some point? Sure, 30 days is a light jail sentence, but 10 years' probation is no joke.

Vick intentionally engaged in a criminal enterprise for an extended period of time, he viciously and intentionally abused and killed several dogs, did not cooperate with the investigation, and showed no remorse until after he was convicted and his career was in jeopardy. Vick acted like a selfish, lying a*****e whose behavior reflects a twisted criminal mind, in my opinion.

Yeah a lot of people here don't have the full picture and are just saying comments without knowing all the facts. I agree that he should have been given a longer sentence but there are some issues surrounding the sentencing that made it difficult for the prosecution:

1. The dude he hit wasn't using a crosswalk and supposedly fleeing across the street to catch a bus.
2. He did not drive away from the scene.
3. He cooperated with the authorities.
4. He apologized and issued the family a financial settlement.
5. It was non-intentional (remember, Vick intentionally tortured dogs)

Can someone give me the name of is lawyer? Just in case.

-9fA

Cooperation doesn't mean s**t when it comes to drinking and driving. The ONLY reason he got the light sentence was because he paid the family not to press charges. That's it, nothing else. Of course not fleeing the scene and all that helped his case.

Vick couldn't pay s**t to no one, who was he going to pay off? The SPCA?

$$$ is the reason he is free and that's it.
Stallworth's sentencing includes:

30 days in jail
2 years of house arrest
8 years probation
Drug and Alcohol testing
1,000 hours of community service
A LIFETIME ban on holding a driver's license
Undisclosed financial settlement with the family

Not exactly as light a sentence as some on here have made it out to be.
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by dobophile:
Stallworth made a mistake, showed remorse, cooperated with prosecutors, and paid the victim's family. Stallworth appears to have acted stupidly and negligently, even recklessly, but who here hasn't driven drunk at some point? Sure, 30 days is a light jail sentence, but 10 years' probation is no joke.

Vick intentionally engaged in a criminal enterprise for an extended period of time, he viciously and intentionally abused and killed several dogs, did not cooperate with the investigation, and showed no remorse until after he was convicted and his career was in jeopardy. Vick acted like a selfish, lying a*****e whose behavior reflects a twisted criminal mind, in my opinion.

Yeah a lot of people here don't have the full picture and are just saying comments without knowing all the facts. I agree that he should have been given a longer sentence but there are some issues surrounding the sentencing that made it difficult for the prosecution:

1. The dude he hit wasn't using a crosswalk and supposedly fleeing across the street to catch a bus.
2. He did not drive away from the scene.
3. He cooperated with the authorities.
4. He apologized and issued the family a financial settlement.
5. It was non-intentional (remember, Vick intentionally tortured dogs)

Can someone give me the name of is lawyer? Just in case.

-9fA

Cooperation doesn't mean s**t when it comes to drinking and driving. The ONLY reason he got the light sentence was because he paid the family not to press charges. That's it, nothing else. Of course not fleeing the scene and all that helped his case.

Vick couldn't pay s**t to no one, who was he going to pay off? The SPCA?

$$$ is the reason he is free and that's it.

Ummm, no. The family had no say in "pressing charges." That had to do with the DA and government. And considered he HAS a sentence and plead guilty there WERE charges.

The financial agreement just has to do with a personal lawsuit/civil court. Has nothing to do with his criminal charges. Just he had to shore that side up before pleading guilty to the charges, otherwise he would have been in real financial trouble.
Share 49ersWebzone