LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 215 users in the forums

Donte Stallworth Involved In Fatal Accident

Shop 49ers game tickets
Once again $$$ comes into play. My friends cousin served 7 years for DUI manslaughter. Its not about what you know or who you know, its about who you know that you can pay off.
Originally posted by A-R-S:
Let me get something straight:

Michael Vick kills dogs, gets 18 months in prison.

Plaxico shoots himself on accident, is looking at a minimum of 3 years in prison.

Stallworth kills a man, and gets 30 days.

This really pisses me off.

Lets see...

Mike Vick killed dogs on purpose and with extreme cruelty.

Plax, knew the laws and broke them on purpose; furthermore, he was stupid enough to shoot himself...

Stallworth killed a person on accident and can do better for that family by giving them a sh!tload of $$$$$$$ then sitting in a jail cell for several years.
Originally posted by dobophile:
Stallworth made a mistake, showed remorse, cooperated with prosecutors, and paid the victim's family. Stallworth appears to have acted stupidly and negligently, even recklessly, but who here hasn't driven drunk at some point? Sure, 30 days is a light jail sentence, but 10 years' probation is no joke.

Vick intentionally engaged in a criminal enterprise for an extended period of time, he viciously and intentionally abused and killed several dogs, did not cooperate with the investigation, and showed no remorse until after he was convicted and his career was in jeopardy. Vick acted like a selfish, lying a*****e whose behavior reflects a twisted criminal mind, in my opinion.

Yeah a lot of people here don't have the full picture and are just saying comments without knowing all the facts. I agree that he should have been given a longer sentence but there are some issues surrounding the sentencing that made it difficult for the prosecution:

1. The dude he hit wasn't using a crosswalk and supposedly fleeing across the street to catch a bus.
2. He did not drive away from the scene.
3. He cooperated with the authorities.
4. He apologized and issued the family a financial settlement.
5. It was non-intentional (remember, Vick intentionally tortured dogs)

Can someone give me the name of is lawyer? Just in case.

-9fA

[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Jun 16, 2009 at 13:42:39 ]
First of all I had a problem with Vick doing 18 months in jail for killing dogs. As for Stallworth the victim was partially at fault and that's why he only got 30 days as well as the fact that he's paying off the family. Also it probably was not provable that Stallworth hit the man because Stallworth was drunk, in other words, he was legally drunk but he had the presence of mind to blow the horn before hitting the man and stop after hitting the man. As soon as I read the story I thought the case could be settled, but if the man had crossed the street where he was supposed to then I think Stallworth would be doing a lot more time. Non-athletes get off all the time but we don't hear about that.

Plaxico shoots himself on accident, is looking at a minimum of 3 years in prison.

yeah it's sad what society has come to when money speaks louder than actions.
i think the minimum sentence for taking another human life should be life in prison, and eye for an eye, look where we at in society when i man takes another life and does only 30 days for it because of his money, it's a damn shame.
gotta understand stallworth is gonna have his life controlled for the next 10 years..not to mention can never drive again...i feel for the family but nothing is going to bring back the victim and it was not an intentional thing in stalls part....both parties here are affected for life for sure.
Basically the man who died was at fault. Somehow Stallworth's lawyer had a good case to prove that the man would have died whether he was drunk or not.

Looks like Stallworth is basically getting punished for drinking and driving.

Lawyer of the year
So will he be playing this year or not? What has the NFL done about this?
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Lets see...

Mike Vick killed dogs on purpose and with extreme cruelty.

Plax, knew the laws and broke them on purpose; furthermore, he was stupid enough to shoot himself...

Stallworth killed a person on accident and can do better for that family by giving them a sh!tload of $$$$$$$ then sitting in a jail cell for several years.

I guess he consumed the booze and started driving on accident to?
He was drunk and blew a 1.3 that alone should get him more then 30 days in jail. You add killing someone his time in jail should go up. We live in a country that worships athletes and they have lots of money so they can get out of situations like this one. He will probably get a 2-4 game suspension since he showed remorse and cooperated. Hell, he may not get suspended at all.

Burress got his cased delayed with the AD approval until Sept. The next gambit is to delay until sometime in 2010 so that Burress can play ball after he gets a 2-4 game suspension from the commish

30 days.................What a F*#k'n joke !!

Imagine how much time the guy who killed pitcher Nick Adenhart is gonna get ???
That guy is toast. He killed a very popular base ball player and his girlfriend, fled from the scene of an accident and is a guy with no money.

They will send him to Soledad and throw away the key.
You know its easy to sit here and say he got off scott free but they were just talking about this on NFL Live. To play devil's advocate -

Here are some of the facts:
- The guy darted off in front of Stallworth to catch a bus or something. If thats the case it would have been easy for anyone to hit him.
- Stallworth has made peace with the family and has come to a cash settlement.
- Stallworth didn't try and run.

Maybe the judge and family knew that there wasn't nothing Stallworth could do and thats why he only got 30 days?

Has anyone heard from the family?
I suddenly have sympathy for Michael Vick....its a weird feeling
Reading about this I get that the feeling as far as life being important dogs>>>people.
Share 49ersWebzone