There are 262 users in the forums

Donte Stallworth Involved In Fatal Accident

Shop 49ers game tickets
link
[ Edited by King49er on Mar 14, 2009 at 10:09 AM ]
He better hope for no DUI and manslaughter charges.
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:

He should seek Leonard Little's lawyer!
Damnn, i just saw that on espn... but they didn't say if he was drunk or not!
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by Eduardo75:
Originally posted by phiLthyphiL:

He should seek Leonard Little's lawyer!

seriously

oh s**t. rip.
Holy crap.
I won't be surprised if he doesn't get jail time. Poor guy.

Niner
Quote:
DONTE STALLWORTH UPDATE

Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte Stallworth has not been charged at this time after being detained by police for questioning regarding his alleged involvement in a car accident that killed a 49-year-old pedestrian today, Miami Beach Police Det. Juan Sanchez told us in a telephone interview a few minutes ago.

Per the detective, who’s a Miami Beach police spokesman, Stallworth may not be charged for several days under Florida law procedure. Stallworth’s bloodwork has been sent to a lab to determine if alcohol or any other substances were in his system.

According to Sanchez, Stallworth “has been cooperative with the investigation.”

Stallworth may eventually be released on his own recognizance, but would be required to turn himself in if he’s formally charged with a crime.

The Miami Beach police department knows the victim’s identity, but isn’t disclosing that information at this time. The man was pronounced dead at Jackson Memorial Hospital.

“We haven’t released the victim’s name,” Sanchez said. “We won’t do that until we have notified his family. He is a 49-year-old white male.”

The accident occurred at 7:17 a.m. this morning, and caused a major traffic jam for several hours. It’s an already busy time in South Florida because of spring break activities. Sanchez said that the causeways have been cleared as of 1 p.m.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/14/donte-stallworth-update/
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
PROSECUTORS POISED TO CHARGE STALLWORTH WITH DUI
Posted by Mike Florio on March 14, 2009, 6:47 p.m.

As authorities in South Florida wait for the results of a blood draw performed on Browns receiver Donte’ Stallworth, a source with knowledge of the investigation tells us that prosecutors are preparing an indictment for DUI manslaughter, under the assumption that the results will show that Stallworth’s blood alcohol content exceeded the legal limit of 0.08 percent when he collided with a pedestrian, who later died.

Per the source, Stallworth admitted to drinking at least four Patrons and two Margaritas. A separate source called that information “basically right,” but added that Stallworth contends he had his last drink at midnight. The incident occurred after 7:00 a.m. local time.

We’re also told that Stallworth claimed in his statement to police that he saw the man crossing the street from a distance, and flashed the high beams and honked the horn of the Bentley he was driving. Apparently, there’s an issue as to whether Stallworth could have taken evasive action because of a barrier along the median.

We’re told that Stallworth is badly shaken by the news that the pedestrian had died.

And, frankly, he should be. Apart from the fact that he was involved in an accident that claimed a man’s life, Stallworth could be facing serious criminal liability, if the pending test reveals an impermissibly high concentration of alcohol in his blood.
Originally posted by 9er2k:
PROSECUTORS POISED TO CHARGE STALLWORTH WITH DUI
Posted by Mike Florio on March 14, 2009, 6:47 p.m.

As authorities in South Florida wait for the results of a blood draw performed on Browns receiver Donte’ Stallworth, a source with knowledge of the investigation tells us that prosecutors are preparing an indictment for DUI manslaughter, under the assumption that the results will show that Stallworth’s blood alcohol content exceeded the legal limit of 0.08 percent when he collided with a pedestrian, who later died.

Per the source, Stallworth admitted to drinking at least four Patrons and two Margaritas. A separate source called that information “basically right,” but added that Stallworth contends he had his last drink at midnight. The incident occurred after 7:00 a.m. local time.

We’re also told that Stallworth claimed in his statement to police that he saw the man crossing the street from a distance, and flashed the high beams and honked the horn of the Bentley he was driving. Apparently, there’s an issue as to whether Stallworth could have taken evasive action because of a barrier along the median.

We’re told that Stallworth is badly shaken by the news that the pedestrian had died.

And, frankly, he should be. Apart from the fact that he was involved in an accident that claimed a man’s life, Stallworth could be facing serious criminal liability, if the pending test reveals an impermissibly high concentration of alcohol in his blood.

Yeah, bad, bad deal. Honestly though, how many times have you been out drinking, went home and to bed, wake up early and head out...???

I've done this NUMEROUS times when I have to work the fallowing morning, on a weekend mostly.

Not saying he should not be held accountable, just saying, if the guy drank the night before, then of course it would still be in his blood.

Another thing, why did he have to have a blood test instead of a sobriety test at the scene??? I read that he was released at the scene so it obviously appeared to the officer that he was sober and without the scent of alcohol.

Bad deal for everybody.

Not saying this was the case for Stallworth, but i hate it when im driving and people j walk like they own the street.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Not saying this was the case for Stallworth, but i hate it when im driving and people j walk like they own the street.

Agreed, we have idiots around here who walk in the middle of the street wearing dark clothes at night. I even am careful and I have had a few close calls. Why is everyone
here assuming it was Stallworth's fault? Maybe it was foggy and he hit someone J-walking, maybe the dude walked into traffic with out looking. I see careless pedestrians all the time. What I don't like if he had a little left over alcohol in his system from the night before he will get hung. This could have been the case where
even the most attentive driver would have hit this pedestrian.
ESPN REPORTED HE WAS DRUNK 1.3 BLOOD LEVEL.. HE'S DONE
Originally posted by netniss49:

Just seen that. Sucks for him.
Originally posted by angelv05:
Originally posted by netniss49:

Just seen that. Sucks for him.

it does.. but it sucks for the VICTIM.. these idiots got millions but cant be smart enough to get a damn driver.
Share 49ersWebzone