LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

***Not BREAKING NEWS in 5 months*** (Regarding Michael Vick)

Shop 49ers game tickets
PETA may act like queers, but they are gangsters.

They don't eff around.

Whichever team Vick plays for will surely have some protestors in the parking lot.
Originally posted by Bluefalcon61:
Originally posted by mutt_pinoy:
niners should sign him maybe sing can make him a better person

Invite him to dinner and he'll break dog with you....

Nah Vick was only into fighting them not eating them.
Vick thinks some team will pay him around $10 mill a season

"the embattled Atlanta Falcons quarterback is hoping to earn as much as $10 million a year or more, according to court filings in his bankruptcy case. Under the plan he submitted to the court, Vick would keep the first $750,000 of his annual income over the next five years. After that, a percentage would go to his creditors based on a sliding scale. [..."
Originally posted by ads_2006:

"the embattled Atlanta Falcons quarterback is hoping to earn as much as $10 million a year or more, according to court filings in his bankruptcy case. Under the plan he submitted to the court, Vick would keep the first $750,000 of his annual income over the next five years. After that, a percentage would go to his creditors based on a sliding scale. [..."

That's just legal rhetoric. He has to show that he has the ability to make some money to satisfy his creditors. This coming from his lawyer, not his agent. I'm sure Vick's agent has warned him about where his true value stands.

Assuming he's reinstated, he'll probably sign a contact with low base salary (near the league minimum) containing plenty of performance incentives. There's not going to be that much guaranteed money in his future. This time around, Vick is going to have to perform before earning the big dollars.
all these Vick supporters are blind. theyre just like the Michael Jackson and OJ supporters. hes "innocent" to them, only because they think hes awesome.

the crap people get away with...i know Vick served prison time, but hes still a dirtbag. he shouldnt just get to come strolling back in.
Originally posted by Niners99:
all these Vick supporters are blind. theyre just like the Michael Jackson and OJ supporters. hes "innocent" to them, only because they think hes awesome.

the crap people get away with...i know Vick served prison time, but hes still a dirtbag. he shouldnt just get to come strolling back in.

I don't think anybody said he was innocent he did a stupid thing and served more time than any joe would serve for the same crimes. I think it's funny people call him a dirtbag many players in the nfl have done worse rape vehicular manslaughter and it doesn't get the fanfare that vick has. Like I say he paid for his crime and the nfl should welcome him back
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Of course he is going to play for the best case scenario. He is trying to hold onto his positions which are being taken away from him and auctioned off to the state, attorneys and whoever else.

I don't think anybody said he was innocent he did a stupid thing and served more time than any joe would serve for the same crimes. I think it's funny people call him a dirtbag many players in the nfl have done worse rape vehicular manslaughter and it doesn't get the fanfare that vick has. Like I say he paid for his crime and the nfl should welcome him back

the NFL should welcome him back? why? what does the NFL owe to him. he screwed up. the NFL could ban him for life and itd be totally understandable. playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right.

nobody ever said other NFL criminals arent dirtbags. i dont even like dogs, but orchestrating this big dog abuse/gambling ring should forfeit his place in the NFL. why should he just get to do like 1 year prison time, then come back out, be reinstated just like that, and paid big bucks again. Why isnt Pacman Jones getting the same welcome? you think Pacman could just go some prison time and come back to open arms because he served his punishment?

the only way the NFL is going to weed out the bad seeds that smear the leagues image, is to get rid of them, and keep them out.

the NFL should welcome him back? why? what does the NFL owe to him. he screwed up. the NFL could ban him for life and itd be totally understandable. playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right.

nobody ever said other NFL criminals arent dirtbags. i dont even like dogs, but orchestrating this big dog abuse/gambling ring should forfeit his place in the NFL. why should he just get to do like 1 year prison time, then come back out, be reinstated just like that, and paid big bucks again. Why isnt Pacman Jones getting the same welcome? you think Pacman could just go some prison time and come back to open arms because he served his punishment?

the only way the NFL is going to weed out the bad seeds that smear the leagues image, is to get rid of them, and keep them out.

Dog fighting? I'm a vegetarian and I could almost care less. We're so hypocritical about the way we treat animals in this country. Some are protected, others we could give two ****s about. For the most part, this is true across all cultures. But back on point, Michael Vick is a talented football player who made the league better with his weekly performance. He is an exciting player and has fans in every corner of the country. He lead the sports world in jersey sales, not just the NFL.

People need to stop being so emotional. While you're eating eggs for breakfast from hens that live a life of cruel conditions and a burger from a cow for lunch that was trapped in a stall for the majority of its life like the ham from the pig you're having for dinner, ask yourself why dogs deserve it better.

And then ask yourself why Michael Vick using animals for entertainment is any worse than eating animals for food. Both are for pleasure, not for necessity.
Originally posted by 49erLifer:

Dog fighting? I'm a vegetarian and I could almost care less. We're so hypocritical about the way we treat animals in this country. Some are protected, others we could give two ****s about. For the most part, this is true across all cultures. But back on point, Michael Vick is a talented football player who made the league better with his weekly performance. He is an exciting player and has fans in every corner of the country. He lead the sports world in jersey sales, not just the NFL.

People need to stop being so emotional. While you're eating eggs for breakfast from hens that live a life of cruel conditions and a burger from a cow for lunch that was trapped in a stall for the majority of its life like the ham from the pig you're having for dinner, ask yourself why dogs deserve it better.

And then ask yourself why Michael Vick using animals for entertainment is any worse than eating animals for food. Both are for pleasure, not for necessity.

lol are you seriously saying eating eggs and burgers is equal to abusing dogs and forcing them to kill eachother....what planet are you from?

the fact is, Vick is an idiot who screwed up big time, and lost the trust and confidence of the NFL. i personally didnt find him that entertaining. he was overrated. he glanced downfield, and if his homie Roddy White aint open, and his homie Michael Jenkins aint open, he took off running. every time. his cannon arm was pointless because he had zero touch or control over where it went.

he was given so much by the NFL and the fans. he had it all. millions of dollars, and he decided that instead of being thankful for this opportinuty, it was more important to smoke weed, arrange illegal dog fighting rings for gambling purposes, and trying to buy drugs under a fake name.

he was an embarrassment to the NFL. he had his chance, and lost it. the NFL doesnt need him, they do just fine without him. hed just end up being like Ricky Williams. come back as a backup and be too washed up to ever be useful again.

Originally posted by 49erLifer:

lol are you seriously saying eating eggs and burgers is equal to abusing dogs and forcing them to kill eachother....what planet are you from?

the fact is, Vick is an idiot who screwed up big time, and lost the trust and confidence of the NFL. i personally didnt find him that entertaining. he was overrated. he glanced downfield, and if his homie Roddy White aint open, and his homie Michael Jenkins aint open, he took off running. every time. his cannon arm was pointless because he had zero touch or control over where it went.

he was given so much by the NFL and the fans. he had it all. millions of dollars, and he decided that instead of being thankful for this opportinuty, it was more important to smoke weed, arrange illegal dog fighting rings for gambling purposes, and trying to buy drugs under a fake name.

he was an embarrassment to the NFL. he had his chance, and lost it. the NFL doesnt need him, they do just fine without him. hed just end up being like Ricky Williams. come back as a backup and be too washed up to ever be useful again.

Comparing vick to pacman is laughable. Vick got busted for gambling and weed a few times nothing compared to pacman's arrest record and Vick made the nfl millions of dollars of coarse he needs to be welcomed back. The comment about Vick throwing to his homies what is that all about? I just don't understand all this hate for Vick. He is a young man and young people make mistakes you need to get off your high horse.

The only reason you laugh is out of ignorance, or if that word offends you, lack of awareness. An animal being stuffed into a cage with seven or eight other hens for its entire life while being kept in the dark to create a more stressful environment which in turn causes it to lay more eggs is cruel. And it is unnecessary. And when I say its entire life, I mean it. From days after it is born and plumped up on steroids and growth hormones until the day it dies in its cage.

And pigs, cows, chickens, goose for Fois Grois, etc. don't have it any better. But you know what animal does? A dog used for fights. And the reason I say that is because every moment of the dog's life isn't lived in agony up until its death, unlike animals raised for food (excluding organic and cage free animals which make up a very small portion of the market).
[ Edited by 49erLifer on Apr 2, 2009 at 10:15 AM ]
Comparing vick to pacman is laughable. Vick got busted for gambling and weed a few times nothing compared to pacman's arrest record and Vick made the nfl millions of dollars of coarse he needs to be welcomed back. The comment about Vick throwing to his homies what is that all about? I just don't understand all this hate for Vick. He is a young man and young people make mistakes you need to get off your high horse.

No kidding. It was a weak argument. And I'm pretty sure Crumpler was his #1 target. So I believe it would be expected that after throwing to his #1 and #2 wideouts (but he forgot about Peerless Price also and the fact that Joe Horn went there to play with him) it would be expected that he would also throw to his TE and then the other guys would catch what other balls remained.

He also forgot that Vick is the only QB to lead a team into the frozen tundra of Green Bay and win in the playoffs against Favre.
All this talk about animals makes me want to eat steak and eggs.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
27 Mins M. Vick QB ATL
Michael Vick's lawyer told a bankruptcy court on Thursday that his client has lined up a $10-an-hour construction job for when he is released from prison, according to NFL.com. Vick, who is scheduled to be in custody until July but may receive home confinement beginning as early as May, plans to work 40 hours a week at one of W.M. Jordan's 40 commercial construction jobs.
Share 49ersWebzone