• Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
Shaun Hill

25/41
335 yards
2TD
2INT

and just got the ball back to try for more.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Limping off the field
GO NOODLES

wtf

you had two downs to play with and you keep taking shots down field

[ Edited by ads_2006 on Sep 19, 2010 at 13:32:33 ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Shaun Hill

25/41
335 yards
2TD
2INT

Leading a great comeback attempt, playing with an injury, better stats than Alex Smith has ever had.

Warrior
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand Shaun Hill

It's not a fail he lead a good comeback for a young team. They just didn't quite get enough but he still did a good job.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
^^^lol
Originally posted by Chief:
Shaun Hill

25/41
335 yards
2TD
2INT

Leading a great comeback attempt, playing with an injury, better stats than Alex Smith has ever had.

Warrior

Smith had better stats vs Seattle dude, no picks and 300 yards and 2 TDs. Besides Shaun Hill wasn't doing this for us. He did when Martz was the OC but not for Raye. I think Smith will do better once he's not a 9er and he has a legit OC. He might not ever be great though. But it's a miracle what Shaun could do with a good play caller in Linehan. I mean seriously, he throws 350 yards and when he was our QB Raye just said "well he doesn't have a cannon for an arm so we'll never go deep and we'll focus our offense on Gore" and it stalled our O to a halt. I miss Hill though, I wish we had given him a real f**king OC in his 2nd season.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:

It's not a fail he lead a good comeback for a young team. They just didn't quite get enough but he still did a good job.

Hill is pretty good for a back up. BTW Lions defense is one of the worst. Hill did his job.
Originally posted by nothing03:

Hill is pretty good for a back up. BTW Lions defense is one of the worst. Hill did his job.

He was a good starter when we had Martz. Then Raye comes in and he looks like s**t and I blamed him for it. I feel bad I wanted him benched, that s**t was't really his fault.
Shaun Hill

25/41
335 yards
2TD
2INT

Warrior

Smith had better stats vs Seattle dude, no picks and 300 yards and 2 TDs. Besides Shaun Hill wasn't doing this for us. He did when Martz was the OC but not for Raye. I think Smith will do better once he's not a 9er and he has a legit OC. He might not ever be great though. But it's a miracle what Shaun could do with a good play caller in Linehan. I mean seriously, he throws 350 yards and when he was our QB Raye just said "well he doesn't have a cannon for an arm so we'll never go deep and we'll focus our offense on Gore" and it stalled our O to a halt. I miss Hill though, I wish we had given him a real f**king OC in his 2nd season.

Agree about Raye f**king up Hill's chances with us.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Shaun Hill

25/41
335 yards
2TD
2INT

Warrior

Agree about Raye f**king up Hill's chances with us.

I mean it's ridiculous, we focus on a run game when we don't have a great OLine and we ignore the other talent we have. We never stretch the field. I remember when Martz was here he used a lot of intermediate routes and Hill did well with those, and even though his arm isnt great he even had that pass to Morgan to win vs STL that was like a 55 yard pass. He also made JHill look good. Then Raye comes in and all of a sudden we have to limit our offense and Hill can't throw it anymore? BULLs**t. Plus then Jason Hill doesn't do anything anymore.

It's coaching man. When we had Norv Turner 2nd year Smith looked decent and now with Raye in his fifth year he looks like a steaming pile of dog crap. I'm not saying he'd be great or we should even keep him but a good coach could get more out of him. Same with Gore, he looked like a top 2 RB in the NFL in 06 and now he doesn't do very well anymore. We had a less talented OLine in 06 but they did a better job than the one we have now? Or look at the Raiders. They add good players like Campbell or Seymour or McClain but they never get any better, because Al Davis hires jokes for coaches.

Hill was a decent QB, we won games with him as the starter. He probably would have thrived in a WCO. But then Raye comes along and he has 6 quarters straight where our whole team doesn't score a TD that leads to him getting benched. He wasn't that bad. We could've won with him. But our coaches had their heads up their ass.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Hill, 335 passing 2 TD's, 2 INT's.
Share 49ersWebzone