LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 212 users in the forums

OFFICIAL: The Shaun Hill Starship

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by showtime49:
Originally posted by danimal:
Quote:
Um, because it was a Boeing that went down in 1978. Over 100 dead.

Show this image to 100 random people and how many do you think are going to identify that?

Thats kind of important when someone is going to make an assumption about someone else.

I certainly am not going to ASSUME the poster knew that.

So if you're not sure something is real or not, then you should assume it's false and laugh at it?

Or would it be more prudent to just be sensitive to the possibility that it's the real deal?

or...you could just stop being so sensitive to begin with. people die every day. Hell I had someone die today. It happens it is part of the life cycle.
Quote:

Show this image to 100 random people and how many do you think are going to identify that?

Thats kind of important when someone is going to make an assumption about someone else.

So if you're not sure something is real or not, then you should assume it's false and laugh at it?

Or would it be more prudent to just be sensitive to the possibility that it's the real deal?

the latter of course, just as it would be more prudent to ask someone if they are aware that is a real image before ripping into them
Originally posted by backontop:
Quote:

or...you could just stop being so sensitive to begin with. people die every day. Hell I had someone die today. It happens it is part of the life cycle.

sucks to hear backontop.....
Yeah, that's fair, that's on me. I just know a lot about the crash because I studied it for a while. Long story. Recognized the picture immediately.

Quote:

the latter of course, just as it would be more prudent to ask someone if they are aware that is a real image before ripping into them
Quote:

Did you find it funny??

It's not about being so sensitive it's about valuing not only your own life but others as well

The problem with today's society many people don't care about others and too many die everyday

Obviously the poster who put the pic on the thread and the one who laughed don't

pathetic
Yeah, that's what's wrong with the world today. People posting pics on the f**king Internet.
Originally posted by Super5:
Quote:

Did you find it funny??

It's not about being so sensitive it's about valuing not only your own life but others as well

The problem with today's society many people don't care about others and too many die everyday

Obviously the poster who put the pic on the thread and the one who laughed don't

pathetic

Hey... what's going on here? What happened to all the Shaun Hill is great posts? I guess I must have dropped in on the wrong thread..
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Quote:

Did you find it funny??

pathetic

Hey... what's going on here? What happened to all the Shaun Hill is great posts? I guess I must have dropped in on the wrong thread..

But, but...Hill is a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Echos around the room.

Oh wait, the team is 3-3. Nevermind, he isn't.

That's what happened. Everyone kept saying, "Well, we're winning," or, "Well, he's had one bad game." Now they realize that:

A) We aren't winning. In fact, most likely, after this Sunday we'll be losing.

B) Smith is far more talented.

Hence, everyone jumped ship.
[ Edited by B650 on Oct 29, 2009 at 9:32 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by B650:
Quote:

Did you find it funny??

pathetic

But, but...Hill is a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Echos around the room.

That's what happened. Everyone kept saying, "Well, we're winning," or, "Well, he's had one bad game." Now they realize that:

You guys better pray Smith doesn't bring out his rookie year in him with all the smack talk you guys are bringing.

Here's to Smith guiding us to the playoffs!!!!

............he better not fugg up.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Quote:

Did you find it funny??

pathetic

*Echos around the room.

You guys better pray Smith doesn't bring out his rookie year in him with all the smack talk you guys are bringing.

The thing is, even if he does play poorly, it can't possibly be much worse than what Shaun Hill was able to muster up, so what do you have to lose?

I find it really hard to believe that Smith isn't going to be able to match Hill's 150 yards per game, or whatever it was through 5.5 games.

All he has to do is watch the turnovers.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Quote:

Did you find it funny??

pathetic

*Echos around the room.

The thing is, even if he does play poorly, it can't possibly be much worse than what Shaun Hill was able to muster up, so what do you have to lose?

I find it really hard to believe that Smith isn't going to be able to match Hill's 150 yards per game, or whatever it was through 5.5 games.

All he has to do is watch the turnovers

That's exactly what I mean by fugging up, 19-31.

Good luck Smith.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Quote:

Did you find it funny??

pathetic

*Echos around the room.

Good luck Smith.

Yeah. I really think he's matured now though, but we'll see how he handles the Colts. If he has another good game, I'll believe. If not, well, he still has the Titans and Bears at home to make up for it.

By the way, I think he's at 22-32 now.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Quote:

Did you find it funny??

pathetic

*Echos around the room.

Good luck Smith.

Yeah. I really think he's matured now though, but we'll see how he handles the Colts. If he has another good game, I'll believe. If not, well, he still has the Titans and Bears at home to make up for it.

By the way, I think he's at 22-32 now.

Just to be fair, I won't fault Smith if we don't win vs. the Colts on Sunday. Everyone in the NFL knows the Colts is probably the best team or second best team in the NFL right now. All I'm looking for is Smith to show me he can continue the improved play that he showed us this past Sunday.
Coming back around again
The starship crashed, and the phoenix is in the ashes again.
Share 49ersWebzone