There are 239 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

JTO Eating Crow Thread!!!

Originally posted by moopoo:
Originally posted by taney71:
Everyone here needs to relax. You guys are talking about a career backup, not the next messiah. Jesus, you guys are all probably voting Obama too.

Obama ? I am 53 and a better football player than he is, no way I will vote for him The career backup is about to change his history, for good. What was, was, and what will be, will be. Too bad those other teams could not see really what JTO had to offer, they must not be that good at determining talent. I bet JTO does better than their QB's.

There's 8 teams worth of QBs to assess then.
Originally posted by taney71:
Everyone here needs to relax. You guys are talking about a career backup, not the next messiah. Jesus, you guys are all probably voting Obama too.

What the f**k does that have to do with anything??? But yes - I will be voting for the most inspirational speaker I have ever heard over another war-mongoring conservative.

Keep it to the parking lot buddy.
I would be lying if i said i wasn't upset when they lowered Alex reps with the first team.

Time to move on. Just like Alex, the opposing defenses will stack the box and dare him to throw. However im actually not worried about JTO. Him having an understanding or the offense is a big plus.
He had the offense looking better than it has for a long time now.

Bad throw in the INT.

First fumble was NOT his fault.

Second fumble was his fault. He needs to tuck it in once a DL puts their hands on him. However, the guy only had his shirt and JTO was trying to pull away. Even Alex has fumbled 27 times in 30 starts, so don't think he is so great at holding onto the ball.


JTO will get better as he figures the regular season out. I know he will because that's what he did in the preseason also. He learns.

[ Edited by Joecool on Sep 7, 2008 at 23:35:03 ]
Bump.

One game down and I give it a D+.

Show that you can improve as you did in the preseason where you showed that you learned from your mistakes.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 5,321
Look we need to relax & support JTO because....we have little choice right now. Everyone jumping on JTO after 1 game......1. It will be fine.....right?
Originally posted by Nes49:
Look we need to relax & support JTO because....we have little choice right now. Everyone jumping on JTO after 1 game......1. It will be fine.....right?

He didn't look lost. That alone is an improvement in the QB play. On top of that, he helped the offense move the ball.

He will be fine as EVERYTHING went bad this game and in a game like this, our running game and our passing game and our defense still looked solid.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by Nes49:
Look we need to relax & support JTO because....we have little choice right now. Everyone jumping on JTO after 1 game......1. It will be fine.....right?

He didn't look lost. That alone is an improvement in the QB play. On top of that, he helped the offense move the ball.

He will be fine as EVERYTHING went bad this game and in a game like this, our running game and our passing game and our defense still looked solid.

Other then the unacceptable turnovers, JTO looked pretty good. 70% completion percentage (6th in the NFL for week 1) and 9.8 yards/completion (5th in the NFL). And think how many times we started with crappy field position (within our own 10 3 times)

I attribute the int and Fumble to inexperience that, in my opinion, will get better as the season goes on... I'm more concerned with our D wearing down as the game goes on then JTO's performance right now.
  • KasparHauser
  • Info N/A
JTO main problem has ALWAYS been turnovers. In his only other NFL experience, he fumbled 2 times and threw a pick. This is what we can expect. Do you recall his first two preseason games? Same thing. With the Lions he threw picks and fumbled and did not score TDs. With Smith gone we are now officially screwed.
Originally posted by KasparHauser:
JTO main problem has ALWAYS been turnovers. In his only other NFL experience, he fumbled 2 times and threw a pick. This is what we can expect. Do you recall his first two preseason games? Same thing. With the Lions he threw picks and fumbled and did not score TDs. With Smith gone we are now officially screwed.

Um....

You're talking about Alex Smith, right??? The guy that has 31 Interceptions, 27 Fumbles, and only 21 TD's in 30 starts? The guy that got beat out by JTO? The guy that has a career QB rate of 63.5.

Accept change! Life will be easier.

[ Edited by D_Niner on Sep 8, 2008 at 11:23:51 ]
  • PapaBear610
  • Info N/A
Wow, already people coming out with the JToxcuses aren't they?
My question is... why is his performance a surprise? This is the type of performance that we saw from him in the first 2 pre-season games. He can make some "nice" looking throws but over the course of the game he will generally give up the ball and will make some questionable decisions.
And as much as people are saying "He will get better"... let's not forget that so will the defenses (and / or teams) that he will be facing as well. Frank Gore averaged 6.85 yards a carry. That's not going to happen every week folks.
Originally posted by PapaBear610:
Wow, already people coming out with the JToxcuses aren't they?
My question is... why is his performance a surprise? This is the type of performance that we saw from him in the first 2 pre-season games. He can make some "nice" looking throws but over the course of the game he will generally give up the ball and will make some questionable decisions.
And as much as people are saying "He will get better"... let's not forget that so will the defenses (and / or teams) that he will be facing as well. Frank Gore averaged 6.85 yards a carry. That's not going to happen every week folks.

Yep. People hoping for him to keep getting better are crazy. These first few games are his best opportunity to do well. After the league starts getting lots of game film on him they will figure out how to stop him. Right now to stop him you just let him be himself and turn the ball over.
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by PapaBear610:
Wow, already people coming out with the JToxcuses aren't they?
My question is... why is his performance a surprise? This is the type of performance that we saw from him in the first 2 pre-season games. He can make some "nice" looking throws but over the course of the game he will generally give up the ball and will make some questionable decisions.
And as much as people are saying "He will get better"... let's not forget that so will the defenses (and / or teams) that he will be facing as well. Frank Gore averaged 6.85 yards a carry. That's not going to happen every week folks.

Yep. People hoping for him to keep getting better are crazy. These first few games are his best opportunity to do well. After the league starts getting lots of game film on him they will figure out how to stop him. Right now to stop him you just let him be himself and turn the ball over.

Who's making excuses? We said he needs to protect the ball better but he threw the ball well but he needs to show that he can improve from game to game.

That's not excuses, that's just not judging a player by 1 game.
  • PapaBear610
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by D_Niner:

Um....

You're talking about Alex Smith, right??? The guy that has 31 Interceptions, 27 Fumbles, and only 21 TD's in 30 starts? The guy that got beat out by JTO? The guy that has a career QB rate of 63.5.

Accept change! Life will be easier.

Ha, ha, ha... what change? The 9ers still lost, scored what they averaged last year, and looked just as uninspired and lost as they have for the most part over the last 3+ years.

It would be easier to accept if there was actually any tangible improvement.
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by KasparHauser:
JTO main problem has ALWAYS been turnovers. In his only other NFL experience, he fumbled 2 times and threw a pick. This is what we can expect. Do you recall his first two preseason games? Same thing. With the Lions he threw picks and fumbled and did not score TDs. With Smith gone we are now officially screwed.

Um....

You're talking about Alex Smith, right??? The guy that has 31 Interceptions, 27 Fumbles, and only 21 TD's in 30 starts? The guy that got beat out by JTO? The guy that has a career QB rate of 63.5.

Accept change! Life will be easier.

Excellent post.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home