LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

***AB's Mock Draft Team selection tracker***

Originally posted by TexasNiner:
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
The jets would like it noted that we also acquired pac man jones via trade

Commissioner Goodell would like it noted that Adam "Pacman" Jones has yet to be cleared to resume playing football in the NFL and if we continue to get reports about his strip club adventures, your recent draft picks may be long since retired before he sees the field again.

Well....its a good thing that we did not give up any picks to get him, we gave a up a player that didn't fit our system and had been replaced....we also got a 4th rounder in the deal to...so we feel good about it
We should add players picked up via trade.

CJ cost me 2 picks essentially but I believe he will be worth it.
Carolina has really done a super job. They should get a gold star sticker.
Thanks ghost!
I hope we can find a way to get Trevor Laws or Lavelle Hawkins. They've done enough recently to move in the 2nd round and I hope we can move up and grab atleast one of them. They are going to be great players for whoever lands them.

Commissioner Goodell would like it noted that Adam "Pacman" Jones has yet to be cleared to resume playing football in the NFL and if we continue to get reports about his strip club adventures, your recent draft picks may be long since retired before he sees the field again.

Well....its a good thing that we did not give up any picks to get him, we gave a up a player that didn't fit our system and had been replaced....we also got a 4th rounder in the deal to...so we feel good about it

I'm just busting your balls guy, it's all good.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Dude he is gonna be re-instated. Don't worry about it. Goodell just said, he won't get re-instated as soon as the season starts in few days. As long as he gets cleared to play before the mini-camps you are good to go, which he will unless he shoots someone between now and that time.
  • Canuck9er
  • Info N/A
The Lions would like it noted that they also picked up Asante Samuel in FA to improve the secondary.

Originally posted by Canuck9er:
The Lions would like it noted that they also picked up Asante Samuel in FA to improve the secondary.

Duly noted.

If it wasn't for Carolina you would be running away with it.

• Canuck9er
  • Info N/A
I could have done better but I got off on the wrong foot with Samuel. I had determined earlier that it was best to draft mostly D to repair that unit. It was GOFD's mock that showed me that it was better to build upon the team's strength, which is it's offense(strange as that may seem) with the three great WRs. What I should have done was to pick up OT Jordan Gross in FA in addition to a good cover-2 CB(someone was there) and a utility OL. That would have relieved the pressure to pick up two OL and left me free to take best value or move up to get someone like DT Pat Sims(I tried).

As it is, I was able to take the pressure off the WRs and Kitna with a new feature RB(who also does KR duty). I just got lucky with Phillips at ILB - he was the ideal 4-3 MLB that filled a big hole in the D. I had to chase Red Bryant to fill the hole Shaun Rogers left at DT and got lucky he wasn't taken in the bottom of the 2nd. I think I got a very good deal with Heath Benedict - at minimum he is a monster G who can back up at both OT positions and at best he is a monster RT who can both pass protect and open very large holes. I can't believe just how huge this kid is - he could carry 340lbs and still be nimble.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Not a bad draft for the 9ers though. Seems a little top heavy on the rush but its hardly an area where we are flourishing at.

If we are bringing FA up to then Micheal Turner and Lance Briggs were signed by the jets....so that's 2 top tier FA not just one...
Share 49ersWebzone