LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Realistic, Genuine, Fantastic Mock Off-Season

FA:
WR Bryant Johnson (give him a chance to start, very nice red zone threat)
OLB Travis LaBoy
OG Floyd Womack
DE Randy Starks
RB Aaron Stecker

Draft:
1. NT/DE Pat Sims (a lot of potential to be a disruptive force all over the d-line)
2. WR Devin Thomas (Thomas and Hill may be our Martz WRs of the future)
3. OT Carl Nicks (beast, hope he lasts to the beginning of the 3rd)
4. ILB Beau Bell (Physical in the box linebacker that can take the heat off of P-Willie)
5. QB Colt Brennan (best fit on our team for Martz' offense. Money on the intermediate routes and a quick release)
6. CB Jack Ikegwuonu (tore his ACL, but a physical, athletic CB in the mold of a poor man's Nate Clements)
7. OLB Jonal Saint-Dic (a terror off the edge, really knows how to use his hands well. similar build to Parys Haralson)

Depth Chart:

QB: Smith, Hill, Brennan
RB: Gore, Robinson, Stecker
WR: Johnson, Hill, Battle, Thomas, Jackson
TE: Davis, Walker, Bajema
LT: Staley, Estes
LG: Snyder, Wragge
C: Baas, Heitmann
RG: Nicks, Womack
RT: Jennings, Duckett

NT: Pat Sims, A. Franklin
RE: Ray McDonald, Melvin Oliver
LE: I. Sopoaga, R. Starks
Will: LaBoy, Haralson, Saint-Dic
Mike: Willis, Ulbrich
Ted: B. Moore, Bell
Sam: Lawson, J. Moore
CB: Clements, Harris, Spencer, Brown, Hudson, Ikegwuonu
FS: Roman, Goldson
SS: M. Lewis, K. Lewis

* Now if that isn't a solid, competitive group, I don't know what is. Tell me you love it.
[ Edited by Resurrection on Jan 28, 2008 at 2:13 PM ]
  • MeddlingKid
  • Info N/A
Colt Brennan? You seriously want that guy in a 49ers uniform? Man, some people never seem to learn.
carl nicks wont be there in the 3rd, thats for sure. colt will probably be there in the 6th or 7th, but i wouldnt take a shot at him in the 4th or 5th. did u watch his past two games against tougher defenses like georgia and the north squad in the senior bowl?? colt wont be as good as he was in college, thats for sure. (hoping nvchamp doesnt see ur "colt praising" LOL jk)
also, Ikegwuonu just got injured and wont be playing next season from what i read.
[ Edited by SF69ers on Jan 28, 2008 at 2:24 PM ]
Originally posted by SF69ers:
carl nicks wont be there in the 3rd, thats for sure. colt will probably be there in the 6th or 7th, but i wouldnt take a shot at him in the 4th or 5th. did u watch his past two games against tougher defenses like georgia and the north squad in the senior bowl?? colt wont be as good as he was in college, thats for sure. (hoping nvchamp doesnt see ur "colt praising" LOL jk)
also, Ikegwuonu just got injured and wont be playing next season from what i read.

I think the 5th is a perfect place for Colt. I see a lot of Mark Bulger in him and think that he can become just as good in some time.

I picked up Ikegwuonu in the 6th because he tore his ACL, but he will still be eligible for the draft and I think it could be a very good investment although he's unlikely to make an impact this year. How many 6th rounders make an impact in their 1st year anyways.
Originally posted by Resurrection:
Originally posted by SF69ers:

I think the 5th is a perfect place for Colt. I see a lot of Mark Bulger in him and think that he can become just as good in some time.

I picked up Ikegwuonu in the 6th because he tore his ACL, but he will still be eligible for the draft and I think it could be a very good investment although he's unlikely to make an impact this year. How many 6th rounders make an impact in their 1st year anyways.

very true about ikegwuonu, he wouldve been a great pickup if he was healthy, but when you think about it, this could be nolan's last year so he's gonna want some playmakers. brennan just doesnt have the same size as bulger and he has trouble with his footwork. he will definitely be a project if we were to pick him up, but im telling you, he will most likely be there in the 6th unless he performs like a god during the combine.
Originally posted by MeddlingKid:
Colt Brennan? You seriously want that guy in a 49ers uniform? Man, some people never seem to learn.

tell me about it dude. its gonna be hilarious when the brennan lovers find out brennan wont be 9er after the draft LOL
I MIGHT take Brennan in the fifth if Dennis Dixon is already gone.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I MIGHT take Brennan in the fifth if Dennis Dixon is already gone.

I really would be happy if we took Dixon in the fifith. The guy could be something really special and I think he's better the Brennan.
I don't like several things about it.
-First off I don't see Pat Sims as the BPA. I also don't believe Nolan is looking to REPLACE Franklin.
-zero chance Nicks is available in the 3rd. Second is starting to look like a question mark
-Colt Brennan is awful. If we're going to waste a pick on him I'd rather use that 5th, package it with another pick, and move up even one spot. I'll admit that I didn't watch him in collge. But I did see the Sr. Bowl, and man o man did he look HORRIBLE
-Devin Thomas is a bigger reciever. Martz seems to like the opposite. Personnaly i'm not opposed to bigger receivers, but just something to note. Plus, I hear Detroit is looking for a 2nd rounder for Roy Williams. I'm not for doing that, but if we're going to use that pick on a big receiver, makes sense to just trade it for Williams.
-I believe Womack has a history of injuries. If i'm wrong then ignore this. If i'm right, I definately don't want him
BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY....
I cannot support any draft that does not have us drafting Domonique Rodgers Cromartie. I think he's too good to pass up on.
Your draft might be genuine, but it is definitely NOT realistic or fantastic.

FA:
WR Bryant Johnson - All OK signings but not spectacular
OLB Travis LaBoy
OG Floyd Womack
DE Randy Starks
RB Aaron Stecker

Draft:
1. NT/DE Pat Sims - Decent pick
2. WR Devin Thomas - Wrong prototype of what our offense needs; smaller, quicker slot receiver like Harry Douglass or Donnie Avery
3. OT Carl Nicks - If he is a beast, he won't be available anymore
4. ILB Beau Bell - Just injured his knee at the Senior Bowl
5. QB Colt Brennan - Stunk it up against top notch competition
6. CB Jack Ikegwuonu - BLEW OUT HIS KNEE; not ready to play next year
7. OLB Jonal Saint-Dic - WHO?

NINER MADMAN

FA:
OLB Travis LaBoy
OG Floyd Womack
DE Randy Starks
RB Aaron Stecker

Draft:
1. NT/DE Pat Sims (a lot of potential to be a disruptive force all over the d-line)
4. ILB Beau Bell (Physical in the box linebacker that can take the heat off of P-Willie)
5. QB Colt Brennan (best fit on our team for Martz' offense. Money on the intermediate routes and a quick release)
6. CB Jack Ikegwuonu (tore his ACL, but a physical, athletic CB in the mold of a poor man's Nate Clements)
7. OLB Jonal Saint-Dic (a terror off the edge, really knows how to use his hands well. similar build to Parys Haralson)

Depth Chart:

* Now if that isn't a solid, competitive group, I don't know what is. Tell me you love it.

NO and NO! Brennan is a joke and Ikegwuonu is hurt......f**ked up is more appropriate! The rest aren't bad but please change 5 and 6. I would rather have Dixon over Brennan.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
I don't like several things about it.
-First off I don't see Pat Sims as the BPA. I also don't believe Nolan is looking to REPLACE Franklin.
-zero chance Nicks is available in the 3rd. Second is starting to look like a question mark
-Colt Brennan is awful. If we're going to waste a pick on him I'd rather use that 5th, package it with another pick, and move up even one spot. I'll admit that I didn't watch him in collge. But I did see the Sr. Bowl, and man o man did he look HORRIBLE
-Devin Thomas is a bigger reciever. Martz seems to like the opposite. Personnaly i'm not opposed to bigger receivers, but just something to note. Plus, I hear Detroit is looking for a 2nd rounder for Roy Williams. I'm not for doing that, but if we're going to use that pick on a big receiver, makes sense to just trade it for Williams.
-I believe Womack has a history of injuries. If i'm wrong then ignore this. If i'm right, I definately don't want him
BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY....
I cannot support any draft that does not have us drafting Domonique Rodgers Cromartie. I think he's too good to pass up on.

im def with you on that 1 i really hope we find a way to get him
FA:
OLB Travis LaBoy
OG Floyd Womack
DE Randy Starks
RB Aaron Stecker

Draft:

Depth Chart:

I don't know enough of your FAs to assess but with Johnson we still need another WR for camp I would go for Bowman or Caldwell. I like Nicks for OT. Definitely no Brennan and no Ikegwuonu. I would go to Yvenson Bernard RB and then Crummey at OG maybe Matt Flynn at QB in the 7th.
FA:
OLB Travis LaBoy
OG Floyd Womack
DE Randy Starks
RB Aaron Stecker

Draft:

Depth Chart:

Sorry Dude but there is more wrong with this scenario then Colt Brennan...it just plain STINKS!!!!!!
Originally posted by MeddlingKid:

i said about a month ago Brennan s***s and is older than Alex Smith
Share 49ersWebzone