There are 195 users in the forums

*****OFFICIAL NFL COMBINE SITE******

Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Whoever invited TE Kolo Kapanui and scratched Appalachian St. free safety Corey Lynch from their list should be fired.

Kapanui is so overmatched in this TE group, it is painful to watch. 5.04 forty. WOW!

I have to admit: the more I watch Donald Thomas of Connecticut, the more I like. He's a bit top heavy in weight, but the guy can flat out run. He ran a 5.01 forty, and was one of the best looking guys in the pulling drill. He's got to be flirting with the top 100 picks. Maybe the third or fourth guard off the board.

So MadDog how is you board starting to change up?

It's is changing. I'll probably put up the changes as early as this evening on my pre-combine Big Board, and then create a post-combine board after it is finished.
One of my favorite OT's in this draft, Virginia Tech's Duane Brown, had a solid day today: 5.11, and looked smooth in drills. Impressive stuff. I like this guy more and more as our 4th round pick in the draft. He can play the RT spot, and do just fine.
Frank Okam at 347 pounds... With size like that, do we take him with the first round pick because there are so few who can play NT? He would require two blockers being that big and that is just what we need. How many reps at 225 did he have?
In his press conference today, Harvey stated he wants to run linebacker drills, and is looking for the coaches to give him the green light.

I think someone got the middle digit wrong in his weight, and he's at 271 instead of 291. It wouldn't make sense for him to even attempt to do LB drills at 291.
Originally posted by steiber:
Frank Okam at 347 pounds... With size like that, do we take him with the first round pick because there are so few who can play NT? He would require two blockers being that big and that is just what we need. How many reps at 225 did he have?

First.......no, not even close. Just being heavy doesn't warrant a 1st rnd pick.
Originally posted by Smith2Davis:
UPDATE:

For those trying to pick up measurements for Adarius Bowman- 6'2 7/8", 223 pounds. He is imposing. His body is very similar to Terrell Owens.

Jordy Nelson- 6'2 1/2", 217. Another big kid.

For those looking at slot receivers, here are some key guys:
Dexter Jackson- 5'9 1/2", 182 pounds. Says he is going to hopefully run a 4.28.
Lavelle Hawkins- 5'11", 187.
Eddie Royal-5'9 1/2", 184
Davone Bess- 5'9 3/4", 194
Darius Reynaud- 5'9", 200

I think we should take Bowman with our 2nd if possible...

that would be good if teams start to see a comparison wit terrell owens. but i wanna see how he does with catching the football.
  • da209
  • Veteran
Originally posted by steiber:

hell no!!! maybe in da 4th
Originally posted by strickac:
Yeah, Harvey at 291lbs. WTF? Now I'm curious to see how he runs. If maintained his speed, look out.

this draft is becoming more and more interesting..
  • da209
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by strickac:
Yeah, Harvey at 291lbs. WTF? Now I'm curious to see how he runs. If maintained his speed, look out.

this draft is becoming more and more interesting..

co-signed!
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
Royal put up 225LBs 24 times, that is pretty dang good.

Wow very impressive from the little guy. Maybe not so little.

In his press conference today, Harvey stated he wants to run linebacker drills, and is looking for the coaches to give him the green light.

I think someone got the middle digit wrong in his weight, and he's at 271 instead of 291. It wouldn't make sense for him to even attempt to do LB drills at 291.

i was just as confused as everyone else. 291 sounded CRAZY. im suddenly starting to get real interested in this kid. has merling done anything yet??

i was just as confused as everyone else. 291 sounded CRAZY. im suddenly starting to get real interested in this kid. has merling done anything yet??

Just weighed in, I didn't see his height but he weighed 276....right where I thought he would be I'm excited!
Sedrick Ellis measured in at 6', 309. Fire hydrant.
Second source has Harvey at 271, not 291.

Erin Henderson at 6'2, 244. I love this kid. Will be a terrific cover LB, like Manny Lawson.

NFL | D. Harvey measures in at NFL Combine
Sat, 23 Feb 2008 11:36:33 -0800

University of Florida DE Derrick Harvey measured in at the 2008 NFL Scouting Combine with a height of 6-foot-4 5/8 and a weight of 291 pounds.
Share 49ersWebzone