Jags/AZniner are on the Clock.
With the 26th pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Jacksonville Jaguars select:

LB Dan Connor, Penn State

With the 27th pick in the draft, the San Diego Chargers select:

DB Reggie Smith, Oklahoma
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Jan 30, 2008 at 8:33 AM ]
Dallas Cowgirls are OTC.
After Jerry Jones b***h slaps AB83 Goodell for calling us the Cowgirls

With the 28th selection in the 2008 NFL draft, the Dallas CowBOYS select.......

Tracy Porter, CB, Indiana

Pat Sims was a definate consideration..... but CB is more of a need and about to be slim pickins. There is some NT talent in the mid rounds I can afford to develop. My CB is thrown into the fire
With the 29th pick in the 2008 AB83Rules Mock Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select:

OT Chris Williams, Vanderbilt

NvChamp(Packers) are on the clock. Until 4EST/1PST
With no trade partners anywhere in sight the Packers are forced to pick...

Xavier Adibi OLB

We have serious needs at CB and O-line but there is no value here...at all....Poppinga is solid but not a star picking up Adibi will give us a good coverage LB which we do not have. Hawk has not played near to the level we thought he would and TE's eat his lucnh consistently. So its time to get the playmaker we need next to Barnett....BPA and it also solidifies our front 7.

With the 31st and final pick in the 1st round, the New York Giants select:

DT Kentwan Balmer, North Carolina

[ Edited by AB83Rules on Jan 30, 2008 at 10:43 AM ]
2nd round is now underway. Dolphins/joey82 is now OTC.
Dolphins select

P. Sims NT Auburn

Long-Sims-Taylor as our 3-4 DL. Should be effective

Member Milestone: This is post number 2,700 for ninertico.
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
Ok...after trading for a shutdown CB and picking up a Fanchise OT the jets have taken care of two glaring holes, however we have one left. Although many thought Gholston was our true target he was not, after being unable to trade down we now do the next best thing and trade up and select...

Phillip Merling OLB/DE

We feel he is the pass rusher that we were looking for and a slighty less athletic version of Shawn Merriman. So we got two fanchise players that we wanted and feel great about the trade.

Congrats!!!!!

You got your boy. Nice.

And GoFD, you obviously felt that C. Williams would be a better prospect at ROT than Balmer at DE. What was the deciding factor if you don't mind me asking?

I wished I would have joined this little party. Maybe next time... Nice job guys!

Go 49ers!
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
Ok...after trading for a shutdown CB and picking up a Fanchise OT the jets have taken care of two glaring holes, however we have one left. Although many thought Gholston was our true target he was not, after being unable to trade down we now do the next best thing and trade up and select...

Phillip Merling OLB/DE

We feel he is the pass rusher that we were looking for and a slighty less athletic version of Shawn Merriman. So we got two fanchise players that we wanted and feel great about the trade.

Congrats!!!!!

You got your boy. Nice.

And GoFD, you obviously felt that C. Williams would be a better prospect at ROT than Balmer at DE. What was the deciding factor if you don't mind me asking?

I wished I would have joined this little party. Maybe next time... Nice job guys!

Go 49ers!

You'll get a responce to your question, if you post it here:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=90023&start=630

This thread is for posting Draft selections.
Share 49ersWebzone