LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

2018 NFL Draft Resetting the Board for Day Three

Justin Lawler should be the pick
Originally posted by FL9er:
Looking forward to MadDog's F+ grade when it's all said and done.

Begin stretching
Originally posted by jreff22:
Is Hurst worth the gamble?

I think he is a duplicate for what the team currently has in a 3 technique.
Originally posted by CRABTREE:

Good college performer, but tested so poorly that I would be surprised if he is off the board by the 6th round. SPARQ percentile at 1.7%.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

My personal draft so far when the Niners were on the clock:
9- Vander Esch- Starting Mike backer and future team captain
44- C. Williams- Starting RG
70- Okoronkwo- Sam/edge rusher
95- H. Phillips- Nose tackle

I would probably dislike that draft just as much as you are underwhelmed by the 49ers actual selections. Beauty is the eye of the beholder I guess.

That is the beauty of the draft.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Is Hurst worth the gamble?

I think he is a duplicate for what the team currently has in a 3 technique.

IMHO, Hurst is well worth any pick from here on out. Absolute stud.

We gamble on guys who quit the game, smoke pot before a drug test, but we won't gamble on a guy who has a condition that might shorten his career?
[ Edited by Lobo49er on Apr 28, 2018 at 6:15 AM ]
Originally posted by CRABTREE:

Good college performer, but tested so poorly that I would be surprised if he is off the board by the 6th round. SPARQ percentile at 1.7%.

I think that literally means that I'm more athletic than him.

Neat.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Very unconventional draft. But nonetheless I'll "trust the process".

Always enjoy you're analysis

Same
We now see how much Our FO values and selects players who are specific "Scheme Fits" for their team systems that we currently deploy and run. The Sha-Lynn masters want players who they feel will make their vision work. And are focused on specific qualities for any players they draft or bring in, ( or get rid of ).They have the confidence and faith in their own system to require those qualities from their players in order to achieve success according to their plan. That seems to be driving almost all the personnel decisions to date. For now I am cautiously optimistic and put some reserved faith in their judgement. We shall see.
[ Edited by highway49 on Apr 28, 2018 at 7:06 AM ]
i Although not a flashy draft, nor one in which the arm-chair gms are happy, I think about last years draft and trust that they can reproduce the late round success

MD, what are your thoughts on Pettis?
ya I'm looking forward to the dog's analysis with a D+++ overall grade and writing Lynchahan a referral to the dean for causing a WZ disruption LOL
Originally posted by highway49:
We now see how much Our FO values and selects players who are specific "Scheme Fits" for their team systems that we currently deploy and run. The Sha-Lynn masters want players who they feel will make their vision work. And are focused on specific qualities for any players they draft or bring in, ( or get rid of ).They have the confidence and faith in their own system to require those qualities from their players in order to achieve success according to their plan. That seems to be driving almost all the personnel decisions to date. For now I am cautiously optimistic and put some reserved faith in their judgement. We shall see.

good post
can't believe elliot is available.
Originally posted by sacniner:
MD, what are your thoughts on Pettis?

I think Niners fan are going to cringe every time they see Anthony Miller score touchdowns and watch Pettis standing on the sideline. I was not a fan of the McGlinchey pick, as a value pick, but this pick was the epic boneheaded pick of the draft. Pettis is not the 4th best WR in this draft. This one is going to hurt down the road.
Share 49ersWebzone