There are 203 users in the forums

Who do you NOT want the 49ers to draft at 9 (if they keep the pick)

Who do you NOT want the 49ers to draft at 9 (if they keep the pick)

You can only pick one...
Didn't see Calvin Ridley at first so I chose McGlinchey. I want no part of Ridley, McGlinchey, Davenport, or Landry at 9. Any of the others I could be fine with.
Don't want Fitz because I want Colbert to have a real chance.
I really hope they don't draft a DB at #9. That's awfully high for a DB. I'm not sold on most of the guys in this draft at those positions. I would much rather have pass rush or O Line.
No OL unless it's Nelson, no DL unless it's Chubb.

Definitely don't want a Davenport...or WR either.
Davenport. He's not a scheme fit at all imo, and I don't want to wait that long to see results on the field. I feel like his 1st year would be a detriment to the team. He'd be taking time from better players while he learns what he'd need to be an asset. To me he seems stiff, and upright, and dominated much lesser talent to make his name.

I prefer production VS potential. Drafting potential is a roster killing strategy. I am also not real high on Edmunds for similar reasons, though he'd still be an asset day one imo.
Ward, just don't believe in today's NFL that small corners are the way to go. I get it that he's an elite talent, but there are other elite talents that also are better scheme fits.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Ward, just don't believe in today's NFL that small corners are the way to go. I get it that he's an elite talent, but there are other elite talents that also are better scheme fits.

We already have a small DB named Ward.
barkley, nelson, and james only people with no votes. interesting.
Davenport
Edmunds
McGlich
Ward

Chris Harris Jr, Casey Hayward, Ronald Darby, Jason Verrett, Malcom Butler, Janoris Jenkins, TreDavious White and Jonathan Joseph are very confused by the love of 6 foot plus corners.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Chris Harris Jr, Casey Hayward, Ronald Darby, Jason Verrett, Malcom Butler, Janoris Jenkins, TreDavious White and Jonathan Joseph are very confused by the love of 6 foot plus corners.

Originally posted by wysiwyg:

We already have a small DB named Ward.

Denzel Ward > Jimmy Ward
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Got to be Ward.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I wouldn't like Ward at #9 for the simple fact that i like Oliver and Alexander better for our system.

I still think there is a strong chance we jump into the 20's with a second first round pick, and target our CB1 there.

However, if they like Ward as CB1 in this draft, there is certainly an argument to be made for him at #9.
Share 49ersWebzone