There are 250 users in the forums

Brandon Parker-OT-North Carolina A&T

If the 49ers pass on tackle early then Parker is a guy I could see them pursuing in the middle rounds. He has a lot of upside to be a starting tackle eventuay but is still fairly raw in terms of technique.

Not the greatest athlete but sufficient for this scheme, quick feet, very fluid in his movements and doesn't lunge as much as is typical with a lot of taller tackles. Very experienced starter, has played both right and left tackle.

7. BRANDON PARKER, North Carolina A&T (6-7 ½, 302, 5.41, 2-3): Four-year starting LT from the FCS ranks. "He can really develop," said one scout. "I love what I see so far. He's a starter down the road. In this tackle draft he'll probably be drafted a little bit (higher)." Arms were 35, Wonderlic was 32. "Long, athletic left tackle who is smart, plays tough and with balance and control for his exceptional size, both in the run and pass game," another scout said. From Kannapolis, N.C. "I didn't like him at all," said a third scout. "No lower body strength as a run blocker."
This is the kind of move I hope they make for a tackle. A true developmental type that can hopefully take over in a year or two. We have Gilliam as the primary backup so there wouldn't be a rush. He would be able to take the time to learn
  • krizay
  • Veteran
My OT order of Preference.

Parker in the 4th (or 3rd round trade down)

Crosby in the 2nd.

O'Neill no earlier than the 3rd.
Share 49ersWebzone