LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

Big Mac's Pass rusher cut up series

Originally posted by KezarLivin:
Thanks BigMac for taking the time and giving us a great detailed layout. Gives me a little more hope if we pass on an Edge in the 1st or 2nd. If we pass on Landry or OO I hope we take a flyer on either/both Holland and Haynes later. I really think Haynes can excel at SAM in a couple years with professional coaching and training. Holland makes every play a dog-fight.

Thanks! I agree with that. Haynes certainly has the athleticism to feature at SAM, he has a lot of work to do before I'd trust him to set an edge though, gets pushed around even by TE's at times.

I'd love to get Holland, I think he is my best projected value player.
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Apr 24, 2018 at 3:01 PM ]
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Thx biggie. How about Lorenzo Carter and Marquise Haynes.

Carter is a hard scout, great athlete, just didn't rush a lot, not sure I saw a single move. Projects as a very good SAM, but I'm not sure if he's going to be able to put his hand in the ground and win in the NFL.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by zonkers:
Do you project Ejiofor to eventually move inside? On the outside, he seems more slippery than athletic.

I agree with Obo and Landry. In this scheme, IMO they kind of start off as tweeners. They only make the move to LEO if they convert more of that speed to power.

Maybe Ejiofor can slide inside on passing downs, he'll probably appeal more to traditional 4-3 teams, as you're right about the athleticism.

Obviously you want an athletic pass rusher, but if I had to choose I'd rather get a pass rusher and hope he's athletic enough. Than get an athlete and hope he can become a pass rusher.

I agree with that. As a pro, if he can tap just a bit more athletic ability, I think he could stick on the edge and work both shoulders on NFL tackles. Jeff Holland I'm not as sure about (improving athletically).
Two down, plenty left, we need to get at least one of these guys.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Two down, plenty left, we need to get at least one of these guys.

for my reference as day two commences!
So, still no edge rusher, good news is there are still 4 of these guys there, 3 if which are in my top 5. Bad news is we don't pick for ever in this round. Let's get a trade up.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Obo!
Can we get OBO or Holland, I know we've overrated them appearantly but they would instantly improve our team and add competition to a position of huge need
[ Edited by DJamhour on Apr 28, 2018 at 10:05 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone