LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

Who is your absolute no-no in the 1st round?

Will be at least moderately disappointed with anyone but Chubb, Nelson, Roquan, or Barkley TBH. Just hoping one of them falls, preferably Chubb or Nelson.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Will be at least moderately disappointed with anyone but Chubb, Nelson, Roquan, or Barkley TBH. Just hoping one of them falls, preferably Chubb or Nelson.

that's pretty high expectations. I don't expect Barkley or Chubb to fall at all and a very small chance nelson falls down to us. Roquan is the most realistic to fall to us.
I wouldn't be excited about Minkah but if they picked him I'd have to trust.
Edmunds ... this draft is so weak on overall talent this guy would have been a Day 2 pick last year and this year he is top 10? Nah.
Originally posted by midrdan:
Edmunds ... this draft is so weak on overall talent this guy would have been a Day 2 pick last year and this year he is top 10? Nah.

Who said he would have been a day 2 pick last year? He wasn't draft eligible last year...

It's also not true - guys with his size, length, and athleticism almost never come out. Edmunds is still 19 and has a frame that can put on a little more weight without losing speed.

He's a longer, faster Anthony Barr as a prospect and he'll also be more than 2 years younger when drafted. He wasn't used as much as a pass rusher as Barr, but his ceiling looks to be a lot higher both as a pass rusher and in coverage. Barr was the 9th pick in 2014. I'd be most excited about drafting Barkley or Chubb, but I'd also be very excited to land Nelson, Edmunds, or Smith.
Originally posted by midrdan:

I disagree with this. Im not a Edmunds guy but your crazy if you dont see the potential there. That kind of potential will always get you in the first round.

And this draft has plenty of talent.
I think Edmunds would be a beast next to Foster if he escapes his situation. If you ask him to be the guy and leader at d that's when things get iffy.

Nothing against any of the secondary guys but I'd be upset I'd we took any of them. I don't see secondary as a need. We're set at safety and Sherman is the only ? mark at corner.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Apr 22, 2018 at 7:07 AM ]
Good question- it's hard to really go "wrong" with our pick and the talent expected to be there, but I would be mad at Edmunds if smith or Nelson etc are still there. Actually I'd take Minkah, James, Ward over edmunds as well so he is my least "favorite" lol
I'll let you know in 2 years. Try not to get to high or low with the picks. The best talent evaluators are often wrong so you use your best judgement and hope the guy (a) fits your system (b) fills a need (c) continues to develop and (d) stays out of trouble!. That last one is a big one. I really don't know that much about most of the guys that are high on most of the lists. Roquan Smith is the only one I have seen numerous times. The other guys look good on highlight reels but who doesn't. That's why they call them highlights. I do know that we need a pass rusher more than anything which is why I would pass on Barkley. Nice player but not a critical need right now. If you have the chance to get a pass rusher you need to jump on it. Landry, Davenport and even Edmunds may fill that need but even if the don't I would not be upset if we drafted one of them because we are at least trying to fill a need. My absolute no-no would be any wide receiver, RB or QB. Every other position can be improved If they work out we all praise Lynch and if not we run him out of town. That's football.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Apr 22, 2018 at 8:43 AM ]
Davenport and Edmunds. Don't want them

Minkah, Edmunds or Davenport
Ridley. I just see nothing special about his game. Nor do his "talents" compliment or add anything to our current receiving core.
Originally posted by krizay:
Minkah Fitzpatrick

All the way
Originally posted by scoobyduu24:
Ridley. I just see nothing special about his game. Nor do his "talents" compliment or add anything to our current receiving core.

He'll be hurt before the season starts
Now it's Davenport, Fitzpatrick, James, and Ward a distant 4th.
Share 49ersWebzone