There are 237 users in the forums

The draft is coming. Are you honest or not?

49erWill, sure we made some glaring mistakes but the way this 2018 draft sets up there will be a surprise at #9 and I can't wait to see who that will be.
Taylor Mays sold me in the underwear Olympics and hard college hits.

Gilbert was a future pro bowler

Jacory Sheppard was a sleeper that I was sure would pan out

Darryl Morris was a future starter for us

Yes, DB's is my favorite position but I had lots of misses
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I thought Coby Fleener would be a beast TE in the NFL.

I thought Alshon Jeffery would continue to halfass his way through stuff in the NFL and be a middling receiver at best.

I thought Quinton Patton would at least be a solid #2 WR.

I believed that Terrence Cody would develop into a dominant NT in the NFL.

Those are the first ones off the top of my head.

I remember Phoenix bashing Jeffrey because he looked fat on the SI cover lol.

I was high on him. First round grade.

I liked Fleener as well.

You sold me on Patton, i remember draft day he bought his own plane ticket to SF, and when he showed up they were like nah kid you cant do that, lol. I fell in love with him that day. Shame he could never get his head straight and put it all together. I think it was all mental with him.

Yes, Phoenix sold the s**t outta me on Patton! Then the plane ticket thing? Man I was creamin lol. I blame you Phoenix that he didn't work out
Been wrong many times. Happens to everyone.

49er wise

Loved the Rashaun Woods pick. Thought he was the most NFL ready from the WRs we could get in that class.

Loved the Marcus Martin pick and thought he'd be a very good interior player for us.

Didn't get the Justin Smith signing. Thought he was too small to play 3-4 DE lol(not draft related but I definitely learned my lesson on that one not to let size fool me)

Loved the Manny Lawson pick and thought he'd be a dominant rusher.

Thought Vernon Davis would be an awful pick with flashy plays here and there but no consistency

Thought Tartt was a terrible reach in the 2nd but he's showing to be a top flight safety

Outside of the niners...

Thought Ladanian Tomlinson was totally overrated

Loved me some Quentin Groves

Thought Dan Morgan was going to be the next Ray Lewis and a can't miss player.

Thought Adam Carriker would be a stud

Thought Cam Irving would be a dominant C/G for the Browns for years to come.

Plenty of others too.
I thought Taylor Mays was for real but I got scared when Pete passed him up for another safety. (Who actually was the real deal). Despite that, I was super happy to see him join our squad.

If I remember right, Mike Rumph gave up almost no TD's in college. I definitely convinced myself that was a worthwhile pick.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:

49er wise

Loved the Rashaun Woods pick. Thought he was the most NFL ready from the WRs we could get in that class.

Loved the Marcus Martin pick and thought he'd be a very good interior player for us.

Didn't get the Justin Smith signing. Thought he was too small to play 3-4 DE lol(not draft related but I definitely learned my lesson on that one not to let size fool me)

Thought Vernon Davis would be an awful pick with flashy plays here and there but no consistency

Thought Tartt was a terrible reach in the 2nd but he's showing to be a top flight safety

Outside of the niners...

Plenty of others too.

Great thread on how the draft really is just a guess, and amazing how star players in college doesn't translate to star players in the NFL.
Originally posted by genus49:

49er wise

Outside of the niners...

Plenty of others too.
Wow! I honestly agree with everything except I thought Tomlinson was gonna be really good! (Not hall of fame, but good lol) crazy bro- it was like reading my mind. When we signed Cowboy I was like he became my favorite player fast!
I have lots of misses. I remember wanting Everette Brown so bad and was pissed when the 49ers had a chance to draft him in the 2nd and we traded the pick.

Wanted Carl Lawson last year though.

I did a keg stand when we drafted Crabtree.

I try to get behind all the picks and try not to get upset anymore. I dont know enough to give these guys a proper evaluation.
I fell to the Lattimore dream as well,alas poor Yorrick I knew him well.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Not just speaking on 9ers picks.

I thought Cade McNown was going to be the next Steve Young.

I was on the Rashaun Woods bandwagon. Still think he was a good WR. injuries and wrong team wrong time.

I was pounding the table for Nathan Peterman. But under the premise of him playing for Kyle which i think he'd be better than what he showed in Buffalo.

I was completely wrong on Gore. 2 knee surgeries i thought it was a wasted pick. That whole draft i was wrong. I wanted Braylon Edwards #1. Draft Kyle Orton in the 3rd and Marion Barber in the 4thish. instead of Alex and Gore

Michael Huff over Vernon Davis (though i originally wanted him under the premise he could play CB.)

EDIT: thought Larry Fitzgerald was just a jumpball catcher in college and wouldn't make it in the pros
[ Edited by krizay on Apr 21, 2018 at 6:57 AM ]

It's always fun to look back at past mock...a bunch of misses lol

I had devante parker as the pick for us back in 2015 I thought he was gonna be a straight stud
Originally posted by miked1978:
I have lots of misses. I remember wanting Everette Brown so bad and was pissed when the 49ers had a chance to draft him in the 2nd and we traded the pick.

Wanted Carl Lawson last year though.

I did a keg stand when we drafted Crabtree.

I try to get behind all the picks and try not to get upset anymore. I dont know enough to give these guys a proper evaluation.

Ah yes Everette brown! Was pissed we move out of that pick...
This is awesome. We forget that Baalke's drafts had a consensus A-grade almost every year so from media to fans, we were wrong.

Looking back at my mocks, I was wrong on quite a few.

2013 Draft Picks:
31 S Eric Reid
34 TE Zach Ertz
61 NT John Jenkins or DE Cornellius Carradine
74 WR Robert Woods
93 CB Tyrann Mathieu
128 S Josh Evans
131 LB Gerald Hodges
157 OT David Quessenberry
173 OT Luke Marquardt
180 XWR Tyrone Goard
237 TE Ryan Otten
246 RB Latavius Murray
252 RB Zach Line

2014 Draft Picks:
30 S Calvin Pryor
56 ZWR Donte Moncrief
61 YWR/PR Paul Richardson or S Deone Buchanon
77 CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste
94 C Marcus Martin or OLB Kyle Von Noy
100 CB Jaylen Watkins
129 QB Logan Thomas
170 ILB Shane Skov
242 TE Blake Annen
243 FB Trey Millard
245 PK Jarod Brown

2015 Draft Picks:
15 ZWR DeVante Parker
46 TED Stephone Anthony
79 LDE Xavier Cooper
127 FS Kurtis Drummond
132 SAM Lynden Trail
151 XWR Ty Montgomery
189 CB Tray Walker
246 WILL Zach Wagenmann
254 CB Tye Smith

2016 Draft Picks:
7 OT Ronnie Stanley
37 G Joshua Garnett
68 NT Austin Johnson
105 QB Dak Prescott
133 CB Eric Murray
142 OLB Dadi Nicolas
145 RB Kenyan Drake
174 ILB BJ Goodson
178 WR Kenny Lawler
207 CB DJ White
211 QB Vernon Adams
213 OT Parker Ehinger

2017 Draft Picks:
2 QB Mitch Trubisky
34 ER Jordan Willis
66 QB Nathan Peterman
109 CB Brian Allen 
143 WILL Elijah Lee
146 ZWR Josh Malone
161 TE Jordan Leggett
198 ER Keion Adams
202 YWR/PR Artavis Scott
219 RB Aaron Jones

2018 Draft Picks:
9 Harold Landry*
59 Carlton Davis
70 Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
74 Equanimeous St. Brown
128 Alex Cappa*
143 Dorian O'Daniel*
184 James Looney*
223 Trayvon Henderson*
240 Kameron Kelly*

* Met with
I thought Jonathan Cooper was the biggest sure thing OG a couple years ago. Now I'm just hoping he's a late bloomer!
I remember being excited about the Niners picking Mike Rumph. That really turned out well.
Share 49ersWebzone