There are 176 users in the forums

Locks to be a 9er

• krizay
  • Veteran
So with the draft around the corner, who do you think are LOCKS to be 9ers?

Jerome Baker to me seem like he's got 49er written all over him.

I also think Duke Ejiofor. Last year the DE pool was deep. We elected to wait until round 3 to select Basham. We instead traded tje pick to the Saints. Ejiofor reminds me of Basham thus someone we'd be interested in. Like Basham Ejifor wasn't here for invite. Though Duke is hurt and can't do much ATM.

What say you? Who's your LOCK(s)?
Quenton Meeks seems like he should be perfect for us. Like other teams should let him go here just because it makes too much sense and not get in the way.
I agree that Meeks and Baker seem to fit the profile.

IMO Basham has better physical tools than Ejiofor. Though, to go with the Basham angle, I think Sweat and Key may be their prime targets as 4-3 DEs. They have all the physical tools and have shown good hands. But, I'm sure the injury and character history may factor into any decisions.
Pringle.
Meeks
I'm hoping for Austin Corbett.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Pringle.

This.

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Meeks

And that.
Billy Price or Austin Corbett. I'd rather have price as he would fit the current scheme- really well- with his ability to get to the second level of blocks. Unfortunately I don't thing he will be there for us in the 2nd unless his muscle injury at the combine drops him in our lap.

The kid from Nevada is an easy pickup if we want him and seems a really good fit for us. So I'd bet on him being a niner
Siran Neal... with the intent of playing him at outside CB.
Share 49ersWebzone