LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 151 users in the forums

The 49ers 2018 Draft will be a success if [insert here]

• FL9er
  • Veteran
Curious to see how you all feel 10 days out.

For me it's all about adding talent that fits your team. I don't necessarily care about the positions they play but fit, talent. Do they have the ceiling, the physical traits to develop into one of the best players in the league or at their respective position?

Remember this is probably still the 15th or 16th best roster personnel wise in the NFC. They still need to close that gap.
The 49ers 2018 Draft will be a success if they draft a player in the first round who doesn't fail drug tests and beat women.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
The 49ers 2018 Draft will be a success if....

They double up on edge rushers and LB's. Basically a whole new LB core.

While I understand all problems can't be solve in one off-season... having guys who can get after the QB and guys who can stop the run helps both the offense and the rest of the defense. So for me, it's suring up the defense with all new LB's.

I would say no less than 3 drafted by end of day 2. With or without trades.
We draft a dominant edge rusher, find another starting corner and linebacker while adding depth at OL, WR and RB with guys who can be starters soon or replace aging vets.

Not much to ask for.

But if we're keeping it simple if we draft a dominant edge rusher and find a corner and OG/C who can start now or groom into a starter soon.
We draft Nelson because he somehow falls to #9.
We get a stud linebacker, and get that edge rusher we desperately need.
We don't draft Edmunds or Davenport in the 1st round.
We address linebacker/edge rusher in the first while being able to trade down and add picks in the next two rounds. Would b great to address each layer of the defense and add a guard or red zone threat receiver within the first three rounds.
...3 of the guys we draft are starting on the roster in 2019.
We draft Roquan Smith, Minkah or Chubb with the 9th Pic not Edmunds

Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
We don't draft Edmunds or Davenport in the 1st round.

This this this
We find someone who can rush the passer and someone else to play LB.
we got jimmy G. for a second round pick
Originally posted by Ottawa49er:

This.
Originally posted by Fincham11:
Originally posted by Ottawa49er:

This.

x3

Sad the 49ers still have so many holes, I mean literally in this draft they need to shore up the offensive line, find an edge rusher, revitalize the linebacker core, while adding a CB and WR.
Share 49ersWebzone