There are 219 users in the forums

MadDog's Final Big 256 Board- Updated 4/26

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Will you please bold the Niners draft order throughout your best board. I know you did it for the first 3 rounds.

Nice job!

Done. Check the picks in bold for the full Niners draft...bear in mind it is a non-intentional projection
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I think you're a little low on DT in general this draft, tho teams may be looking forward to next year.

I caught a typo on Daurice Fountain, WR

Curious to know if you have a draftable grade on Matt Gono.

Gono has no idea what he is doing on the football field. This showed when he had to move from his LT spot to LG for most of the NFLPA game, and blew so many assignments. However, he is athletic and played much better in the game at LT, where he felt comfortable.

In an absolutely dreadful OT class, he probably will get drafted and stashed on the practice squad. He is at least two years away from making the big roster, and that is too long for me to draft. .
Originally posted by FL9er:
Now that I think about it, the 49ers should just draft Roquan. He's the guy you need to match up with the David Johnsons, Todd Gurleys, Alvin Kamaras, Christian McCaffreys, Jerick McKinnons, Saquon Barkleys. He is the modern pro LBer. Can't go wrong with a Butkus Award winning LB (Willis, Foster).

As much as I'd like to get a blue chipper in the secondary, the team's LB depth chart is atrocious. I trust Lynch and Peters ability to scout DBs. I know they need pass rush, but R Smith is arguably the best defensive player in this draft.

He has my vote.
MD, who do you see that you have ranked high falling a bit later than he should? And vice versa, who do you see as possibly going higher than you have slotted?
Have a feeling we'll take Fitzpatrick if he's there....
Not gonna lie, I would be so happy if the niners took Chase Edmonds. I got pretty pumped when I saw you had him in bold, you are the man MD! I'm going to use your big board come draft day thank you for all the hard work you put into this.
[ Edited by UCLA9er on Apr 16, 2018 at 12:32 AM ]
Finally! Unlike NC, I find your timing peccable...and tardy!

[ Edited by dtg_9er on Apr 16, 2018 at 1:45 AM ]
Originally posted by mutant-man49:
MD, who do you see that you have ranked high falling a bit later than he should? And vice versa, who do you see as possibly going higher than you have slotted?

I have Vea at 5th best, but he will be going in the mid-late teens. Probably similar landing spot for LVE.

McGlinchey is going WAY before I have him graded. The Miami and Georgia game should scare anyone thinking he is a first round talent.

I have Darius Leonard as second round value, but he might end up a 4th rounder...maybe. I love Michael Gallup but he will go later than what I see in him.
Originally posted by UCLA9er:
Not gonna lie, I would be so happy if the niners took Chase Edmonds. I got pretty pumped when I saw you had him in bold, you are the man MD! I'm going to use your big board come draft day thank you for all the hard work you put into this.

Edmonds is a good player. I like his chances in the NFL.
MD, what weakness(es) did you see in Marquez Valdes-Scantling's film?

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Done. Check the picks in bold for the full Niners draft...bear in mind it is a non-intentional projection

Whoa MD, you're way down on Hercules! What do you see?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
MD how good of a fit do you think Josh Sweat is for us? Clearly we have a need at EDGE rusher, do you think he suits us better than Okoronkwo for example?
1-9: Leighton Vander Esch, ILB, Boise St
2-59: Carlton Davis, CB, Auburn
3-70: Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego St
3-74: PJ Hall, DT, Sam Houston St
4-128: Kemoko Turay, SAM, Rutgers
5-143: Jeff Holland, SAM, Auburn.
6-184: Brett Toth, OT, Army
7-223: Levi Wallace, CB, Alabama
[ Edited by 49erminion on Apr 16, 2018 at 11:37 AM ]
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
MD, what weakness(es) did you see in Marquez Valdes-Scantling's film?

He's a one-trick pony that doesn't have great hands, and can't run intermediate routes. He is a one-dimensional, deep ball threat. Some team may select him from the 6th round on. I think he's a bubble draftee, I have barely outside. Could easily be wrong. Not sure he offers anything on special teams, which most teams like to select in late round WRs.

Highly inconsistent performances. Games with big numbers and then some microscopic.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Apr 16, 2018 at 11:54 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone