LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 280 users in the forums

Kendall Donnerson-LB-Southeast Missouri

Dude absolutely killed it at his Pro Day. At 6'3", 249 he ran a 4.43 40, 40" vertical jump, 4.37 short shuttle, 7.06 3 cone and did 20 reps on the bench press. Extremely raw player but with size and athletic ability like that he's someone that could contribute right away on special teams while developing into a role on the defense.

There's our late round height weight speed prospect right there. Thanks for finding him Phoenix!
I went to the same school, saw him play a lot. He has so much talent and potential it is unreal. Sometimes he has a motor problem but when he goes he can be a force. I would love to bring him in with a 6th or 7th round pick. With the right coaching he can be a good one
Im interested
Question: hy draft a guy like this, instead of udfa? Lets say the odds are 70% he wont land with another club. Does it help us to acquire him through draft versus signing him to a free agent deal afterwards? Just curious about the process.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Question: hy draft a guy like this, instead of udfa? Lets say the odds are 70% he wont land with another club. Does it help us to acquire him through draft versus signing him to a free agent deal afterwards? Just curious about the process.

Well I think the obvious thing is you draft him to know you have him.
🤔
Originally posted by genus49:
Well I think the obvious thing is you draft him to know you have him.

Are there any contractual differences. Like with regard to nflpa or otherwise.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Are there any contractual differences. Like with regard to nflpa or otherwise.

UDFA's get to choose their team and are extension qualified after 2 years. Overall its probably more favorable for a player to go undrafted than to be a late late pick.
Share 49ersWebzone