LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

MadDog49er 2018 NFL Draft Best 50 Board- Updated 4/26

Greetings to all!

Here is my final Best 50 board. It may not exactly match who I would draft on draft day (duplicate positions wouldn't make much sense), but gives an idea of my board.

This is NOT a projection of where I think they will go. It is an evaluation of who I think are the best players in the draft. Some of these players may not be a fit for the Niners, so it is NOT a 49ers best board.

If you look at this board, it would set me up for a Roquan Smith/Anthony Miller/Ogbonnia Okoronkwo/Rashaad Penny draft....if all of these guys are on the clock at 9, 59, 70, 74.

Have fun, mock me as much as you want!!! Let's do this draft!

2018 NFL Draft Best Board
Player School Position
1 Saquon Barkley Penn St RB
2 Baker Mayfield Oklahoma QB
3 Bradley Chubb NC State DE
4 Roquan Smith Georgia ILB
5 Leighton Vander Esch Boise St ILB
6 Tremaine Edmunds Virginia Tech OLB
7 Denzel Ward Ohio St. CB
8 Minkah Fitzpatrick Alabama S
9 Isaiah Wynn Georgia G
10 Quenton Nelson Notre Dame G
11 Vita Vea Washington DT
12 Sam Darnold USC QB
13 Marcus Davenport Texas San Antonio DE
14 Harold Landry Boston College OLB
15 Da'Ron Payne Alabama DT
16 Frank Ragnow Arkansas C
17 Jaire Alexander Louisville CB
18 Isaiah Oliver Colorado CB
19 Derwin James Florida St S
20 Josh Allen Wyoming QB
21 Connor Williams Texas G
22 Sony Michel Georgia RB
23 Josh Jackson Iowa CB
24 Anthony Miller Memphis WR
25 Ogbonnia Okoronkwo Oklahoma OLB
26 Lorenzo Carter Georgia OLB
27 Michael Gallup Colorado St WR
28 Will Hernandez UTEP G
29 Calvin Ridley Alabama WR
30 Rashaan Evans Alabama ILB
31 DJ Moore Maryland WR
32 Mason Rudolph Oklahoma St QB
33 Kolton Miller UCLA OT
34 James Washington Oklahoma St WR
35 Mike McGlinchey Notre Dame OT
36 Braden Smith Auburn G
37 Maurice Hurst Michigan DT
38 Rashaad Penny San Diego St RB
39 Darius Leonard South Carolina St OLB
40 James Daniels Iowa C
41 Josey Jewell Iowa ILB
42 Josh Rosen UCLA QB
43 Uchenna Nwosu USC OLB
44 Courtland Sutton SMU WR
45 Harrison Phillips Stanford DT
46 Derrius Guice LSU RB
47 Mike Hughes Central Florida CB
48 Austin Corbett Nevada OG
49 Dallas Goedert South Dakota St TE
50 Sam Hubbard Ohio St. DE
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Apr 26, 2018 at 1:41 PM ]
Thank you good sir!!!
This is great! Interesting that you think there's very little difference between Nelson and Wynn. And from what I've seen of Vander Esch, he looks like a plug-in Pro Bowler.

I'm guessing that you think if Smith is available, he should be our pick then?
Looks pretty solid, I didn't think Moore would rise so high. I'd like Davenport at 9

MD what is it that you don't like about Josh Jackson? I'm not as high as many ppl on this hoard are and I much rather have Ward. But a lot of ppl preferred him over Ward as the top rated CB. Seems like you have him as the 5th rated CB
[ Edited by lamontb on Mar 22, 2018 at 2:00 PM ]
The standard breakdown on the main QB prospects would be nice if/when you have the time?
Need Smith and Ragnow to fall back more in the late 50s
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
The standard breakdown on the main QB prospects would be nice if/when you have the time?

That would be excellent!
"If you look at this board, it would set me up for a Roquan Smith/Unchenna Nwosu/Rashaad Penny or Frank Ragnow first three picks."

This matches exactly my recent Zeke Mock post Attaochu 3/15 mock when I was trying to go BPA with

1. Roquan
2. Ragnow
3. Penny

Ragnow if he sticks around to pick 70 and drop Penny to 74

1. Roquan
2. Nwosu
3. Ragnow
4. Penny

Best draft possible right there. Bar none. In my humble opinion. And MadDog would approve this message.
[ Edited by Ezekiel38 on Mar 22, 2018 at 2:20 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Ragnow is a reach at 2nd round.. Penny is the one to be under "must have" in the 2nd round..
And Roquan at 5 and Landry at 15!!!!

That's what I thought. You Landry at 9 peeps need to realize BY FAR he is NOT BPA at that spot. If you don't care about drafting BPA just so you can fill a positional need you desire filled with a 1st round pick, so be it. If you want Landry trade down to 15 or even 20 when Roquan and a lot of others above him on MadDog's list are not going to be on the board. If Roquan is on the board at 9 he is BPA and we take him. Period.

And Roquan is above Nelson. Love it. As I'd pick Roquan over Nelson at 9 if both were on the board.
[ Edited by Ezekiel38 on Mar 22, 2018 at 2:23 PM ]

Look at the Josh Rosen slide... I concur
Awesome work as always.
Thanks a ton.

But you have Landry rated way too high.
I like it. Smith and Vea are my favorite defenders. Curious why you don't aren't that high on Guice. I can't imagine him dropping far.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ezekiel38:
And Roquan at 5 and Landry at 15!!!!

That's what I thought. You Landry at 9 peeps need to realize BY FAR he is NOT BPA at that spot. If you don't care about drafting BPA just so you can fill a positional need you desire filled with a 1st round pick, so be it. If you want Landry trade down to 15 or even 20 when Roquan and a lot of others above him on MadDog's list are not going to be on the board. If Roquan is on the board at 9 he is BPA and we take him. Period.

And Roquan is above Nelson. Love it. As I'd pick Roquan over Nelson at 9 if both were on the board.

I really have no opinion on Landry and don't care if we do or do not take him at #9.. but surely you understand that teams can have opinions on BPA that differ from internet opinions that you agree with.

What if the Niners do go BPA...and it's James? Or Ward? Or Jackson? Or Landry? Or Edmunds? Or Ridley? Or Davenport?

They can go "BPA" and not agree with who you think BPA is. These are internet opinions, not the actual Niners draft board.
Share 49ersWebzone