There are 143 users in the forums

Daniel Jeremiah's Top 50

Originally posted by Heroism:
What if Edmunds goes top 5?

Then the odds that Nelson, Chubb or Barkley drop to the 49ers only go up.
Originally posted by Dillesq:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Welp there more proof why he works for nfl network and not a team.

donte jackson as a top 20 prospects

It's seriously laughable this top 50. And it's downright disrespectful to be quite honest. Donte Jackson was the 3rd best corner on that team lol

He clearly values measurables and the combine more than if they can actually play football lol.

I might value Landry a little more than others in here but I look at him in this system, his skill set, and how he fills a major role that this team is missing. He's and ideal edge for our scheme.

Hey if we can move down and still get him I'm all for it
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Landry isn't overrated by WZ i don't think. He's legit the best pass rusher in the class.

Nah. I think NFL teams are skeptical that he'll ever be a 3 down player. If the Webzone says "sure draft the guy at #9" and many others have him going late 1st/early 2nd, I'm guessing the Webzone is way overrating him.

Just takes one team to have a different opinion. It's how you have guys like DHB going top 10. Janikowski drafted in the first round. Hell we were oh so close to drafting Foster #3 overall when we know 28 or so teams wouldn't agree with him going that high.
Originally posted by Heroism:
What if Edmunds goes top 5?

Then the odds that Nelson, Chubb or Barkley drop to the 49ers only go up.

I could see Edmunds, Chubb, Barkley, Nelson, and the 4 QBs as the 8 selected before the Niners pick. I do think it will drop Fitzpatrick to the Niners if Lynch and Saleh want their Earl Thomas patrolling center field.
Landry isn't overrated by WZ i don't think. He's legit the best pass rusher in the class.

Nah. I think NFL teams are skeptical that he'll ever be a 3 down player. If the Webzone says "sure draft the guy at #9" and many others have him going late 1st/early 2nd, I'm guessing the Webzone is way overrating him.

And this is what he said after his 2016 season when he was actually healthy...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000819164/article/first-look-scouting-boston-college-de-harold-landry

"Landry is a natural pass rusher. He has an explosive first step and can really bend at the top of his pass rush. He's very loose and fluid, which allows him to flatten to the quarterback once he turns the corner. He also has an explosive up-and-under move to create pressure. His ability to finish is special. He can adjust his path as the result of quarterback movement in the pocket, and he's always attempting to swipe the ball away on contact.

Landry is a dynamic backside run defender. He closed the back door several times against Dalvin Cook in the FSU game last season. He gives great effort to chase plays from behind. He flashes the ability to hold the point of attack on the front side. His instincts are outstanding (see INT vs. Maryland in bowl game). He plays defensive end in this scheme, but he's plenty capable of standing up and playing outside linebacker at the next level."

Apparently when he's injured he lacks "get-off" but apparently not in 2016 weird.

"Landry is the top pass rusher I've studied so far this summer. Arden Key has a more prototypical frame, but Landry bends much better and is more consistently disruptive. He racked up 16.5 sacks last fall despite facing a great deal of double teams from opposing offenses. He reminds me a lot of Vic Beasley coming out of Clemson. Both guys are special athletes with top-notch production and upside. I also see a little of Dee Ford in his play. I was surprised Landry elected to return to Boston College for his senior season, and I'll be even more surprised if he's not a top-10 pick in the spring."
And this is what he said after his 2016 season when he was actually healthy...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000819164/article/first-look-scouting-boston-college-de-harold-landry

"Landry is a natural pass rusher. He has an explosive first step and can really bend at the top of his pass rush. He's very loose and fluid, which allows him to flatten to the quarterback once he turns the corner. He also has an explosive up-and-under move to create pressure. His ability to finish is special. He can adjust his path as the result of quarterback movement in the pocket, and he's always attempting to swipe the ball away on contact.

Landry is a dynamic backside run defender. He closed the back door several times against Dalvin Cook in the FSU game last season. He gives great effort to chase plays from behind. He flashes the ability to hold the point of attack on the front side. His instincts are outstanding (see INT vs. Maryland in bowl game). He plays defensive end in this scheme, but he's plenty capable of standing up and playing outside linebacker at the next level."

Apparently when he's injured he lacks "get-off" but apparently not in 2016 weird.

"Landry is the top pass rusher I've studied so far this summer. Arden Key has a more prototypical frame, but Landry bends much better and is more consistently disruptive. He racked up 16.5 sacks last fall despite facing a great deal of double teams from opposing offenses. He reminds me a lot of Vic Beasley coming out of Clemson. Both guys are special athletes with top-notch production and upside. I also see a little of Dee Ford in his play. I was surprised Landry elected to return to Boston College for his senior season, and I'll be even more surprised if he's not a top-10 pick in the spring."

Lol my dislike for Daniel Jeremiah surely enjoys this.
NYNiner with the MUTHAf**kING RECEIPTS. LETS GOOO
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Interesting.

Thoughts?

DJ's Top 50
I'd take NY85, MadDog and Hero - and even you over this guy. As another poster said, he's getting feedback from a lot of NFL teams, and yeah if they are giving him some serious NFL *inside scouting information* but not letting their names appear as a source, I have some swampland by Levi Stadium I can sell you for dirt cheap.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Welp there more proof why he works for nfl network and not a team.

donte jackson as a top 20 prospects

It's seriously laughable this top 50. And it's downright disrespectful to be quite honest. Donte Jackson was the 3rd best corner on that team lol

He clearly values measurables and the combine more than if they can actually play football lol.

I might value Landry a little more than others in here but I look at him in this system, his skill set, and how he fills a major role that this team is missing. He's and ideal edge for our scheme.

Hey if we can move down and still get him I'm all for it

I agree, and the *real question* is how far down we can trade down - and still get him, and it's not going to be answered any time soon either.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
lol i love when fans hate on someone in the media because they have a different opinion on a player.

Originally posted by Giedi:
I'd take NY85, MadDog and Hero - and even you over this guy. As another poster said, he's getting feedback from a lot of NFL teams, and yeah if they are giving him some serious NFL *inside scouting information* but not letting their names appear as a source, I have some swampland by Levi Stadium I can sell you for dirt cheap.

There really is swamp land by Levi stadium lol
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

And apparently Giedi has put it on the market.
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

And apparently Giedi has put it on the market.

For dirt cheap? I'll take it
While we're at it I hate Mel Kiper and that Brady bunch hair cut he's been rocking since 1974
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I do think it will drop Fitzpatrick to the Niners if Lynch and Saleh want their Earl Thomas patrolling center field.

We already have him.

Share 49ersWebzone