There are 172 users in the forums

Jets trade up to #3

All the QBs going means a top guy at their position will fall to us.
I like the Chubb idea, if QB's keep going extremely early, and Barkley gets picked as well, then Chubb might be there at 6. Moving up 3 spots isn't too hard, especially when the Colts will be looking to move down, and perhaps we have some expendable players on the roster they like to add to the deal, to lessen the amount of draft picks we have to give up. As far as draft values, our number 9 and 70 pick is basically worth the number 6 pick in the draft. If we throw in our 6th round pick, then we're giving them a tad over slot value, and still worth making the deal.

Adding Chubb, while keeping our 2nd round pick, and a 3rd round pick would be huge. Chubb would solve an immediate problem for us, and we'd still have good picks to continue adding talent. Please let a scenario like this become available to us.
Makes you kinda wonder - what if we just didn't win 2 or 3 meaningless games at the end of the year. Could have Saquon/Chubb and 3 2nd rd picks.
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
I like the Chubb idea, if QB's keep going extremely early, and Barkley gets picked as well, then Chubb might be there at 6. Moving up 3 spots isn't too hard, especially when the Colts will be looking to move down, and perhaps we have some expendable players on the roster they like to add to the deal, to lessen the amount of draft picks we have to give up. As far as draft values, our number 9 and 70 pick is basically worth the number 6 pick in the draft. If we throw in our 6th round pick, then we're giving them a tad over slot value, and still worth making the deal.

Adding Chubb, while keeping our 2nd round pick, and a 3rd round pick would be huge. Chubb would solve an immediate problem for us, and we'd still have good picks to continue adding talent. Please let a scenario like this become available to us.

Once the qb's go the high pick values go down drastically.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dillesq:
This would signal that the Giants ARE taking a QB. The jets offered this trade to them, they said no. The only reason they would say no is because they themselves are taking a QB.

Was that reported? What if the Giants wanted the Jets #1 next year and NYJ said no?
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by FL9er:
Maybe this trade is a clue that the Giants might not be taking a QB. I would think the Jets would have just moved up to 2, unless it doesn't matter which QB falls to their pick.

This would signal that the Giants ARE taking a QB. The jets offered this trade to them, they said no. The only reason they would say no is because they themselves are taking a QB.

Or because they want a 2019 first rounder so they have ammo to get a QB to replace Eli next year.

Doubt it. Not when you have a top 2 pick and can get your pick at the top QBs right now. Eli is 37 and he's not good. Waiting until next year is with a QB class that isnt as good as this isnt smart. Plus that plan relies on too many "IFs"

When you can get your QB, you get him. Plain and simple

Was that reported? What if the Giants wanted the Jets #1 next year and NYJ said no?

It was reported that they tried to get the first and second pick.
Maybe this trade is a clue that the Giants might not be taking a QB. I would think the Jets would have just moved up to 2, unless it doesn't matter which QB falls to their pick.

Or because they want a 2019 first rounder so they have ammo to get a QB to replace Eli next year.

Or because once the draft actually begins someone will offer them even more than the Jets did to get to #2. Jets are dummies. You can't sensibly be comfortable giving up that much to get possibly your #3 choice.
Colts will take Chubb
4 QBs are going top 5.

Yep, and Barkley @4.

There's no way Chubb gets passed TB and no way Nelson gets passed CHI so if we are targeting either of those dudes, we need #6.

Which would give the Colts like 6 picks in the first three rounds lol

Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
Colts will take Chubb

Unless we do.
[ Edited by post_primitive on Mar 17, 2018 at 8:44 AM ]

Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
Makes you kinda wonder - what if we just didn't win 2 or 3 meaningless games at the end of the year. Could have Saquon/Chubb and 3 2nd rd picks.

Jimmy G doesn't lose bro.
1. This is going to be the greatest draft ever in terms of drama.

2. We know the trading isn't done. All eyes on Buffalo.

3. I hope we stay put, unless the compensation is too good to pass up. I am 100% against a move up. A blue chip player at some position to need is guaranteed to be there at 9. We need blue chip players on either side of the ball. I don't think we should pass up on a blue chip player to move down either, unless a 1st round pick next year is a part of the package. We may need the extra picks to move up for the elusive pass rusher or tackle. Nick Bosa (it will take a lot of picks to get high enough to get him), Clelil Ferell, etc should be coming out.

4. I wish we had some way of knowing who the Raiders were higher up on. Ditto for the Dolphins.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by midrdan:
If we wanted Chubb, now is the time to strike. Trade the 9, our first 3rd and a 6th to move to No. 6 and take him. He won't go top 5.

Why would Indy do that when they can just take Chubb themselves? Especially considering they are getting short changed with your proposed deal.

+1...I also get the feeling that our Front Office wants more picks in this draft, not less.
If I was the Giants, and they truly don't want to take a QB right now, then I would talk to the Bills and the Cardinals. Each team is looking to move up, and each team could give you a bunch of picks. The Bills would have to give you both of their 1st round picks this year ,and a bunch more. The Cardinals would have to give up their 1st and 2nd round picks this year, and probably at least the same thing next year, and sprinkle in some mid round picks each year as well.
If I was the Giants, the Bills make the most sense, because they have a ton of picks this year. Taking those 2 1st round picks and package of 2nd and 3rd round picks in this year and next years draft to equal the points needed on the value chart will not only give you multiple assets to add this year, but give you the flexibility to have extra picks next year as well.
I think that if 3-4 Qbs go in the first 5 or 6, someone is going to panick and take lamar jackson really high, they'll trade up for him.
Share 49ersWebzone