There are 161 users in the forums

Kolton Miller OT UCLA

It wouldn't be the worst thing to trade down and get Kolton.
I think Miller could have a decent NFL career, but he'll have a lot to learn first. Let's face it, this is a weak draft for OT's. There are a lot more superior interior OL available. Athleticism's nice, but you have to be able to translate that into consistent performance...in that regard, I think he's got a ways to go.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I think Miller could have a decent NFL career, but he'll have a lot to learn first. Let's face it, this is a weak draft for OT's. There are a lot more superior interior OL available. Athleticism's nice, but you have to be able to translate that into consistent performance...in that regard, I think he's got a ways to go.

Ya, he seems to benefit by being one of the decent prospects in a bleak OT draft. He'll get more $$ than he would in a normal year.
This guy is so far from good lol. Bad lad level, guys get under him, doesn't play with good leverage and has horrible technique. I hope we don't draft him any time before the 4th and i certainly don't want to trade up for him.
Our interest could be a smoke screen... Maybe were prepared to trade down for Connor Williams
Originally posted by gold49digger:
It wouldn't be the worst thing to trade down and get Kolton.

Considering the amount of better players that would be available, yeah it would be
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Reach at 3rd, solid in the 4th..
  • jcs
  • Veteran

He has the physical ability to potentially develop into a good OT for our system. Would not be surprised to see us take him in the 2nd round.
[ Edited by jcs on Mar 20, 2018 at 8:53 AM ]
Dude is gonna get overdrafted so hard in this weak OT class....he's a day 2 prospect imo. Crazy good athlete with length (good fit for our scheme) his hand placement is poo.

This is a case of combine numbers and lack of prospects.

Worth a shot with a 3rd rd pick but he will be gone by then.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 20, 2018 at 9:04 AM ]
Originally posted by 9moon:

If he's available in the 3rd, then he's interesting. But the dude will probably chosen on day 1...

Originally posted by NinerBuff:

If he's available in the 3rd, then he's interesting. But the dude will probably chosen on day 1...

Yep. Some poor coach is gonna waste an early draft pick
Originally posted by Dillesq:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Yep. Some poor coach is gonna waste an early draft pick

Don't think he gets past the eagles at 32.
I wonder if this kid can be another Terron Armstead. Just sucks that he'll be drafted much higher than Armstead was, so expectations will also be much higher.
Originally posted by Nastastical:
I wonder if this kid can be another Terron Armstead. Just sucks that he'll be drafted much higher than Armstead was, so expectations will also be much higher.

Armstead was more athletic. And he ran like a 4.70 40. That's FLYING for a fat boy. Plus, Terron was actually good.
[ Edited by Dillesq on Mar 21, 2018 at 2:47 PM ]
Originally posted by Dillesq:
Originally posted by Nastastical:

Armstead was more athletic. And he ran like a 4.70 40. That's FLYING for a fat boy. Plus, Terron was actually good.

Miller had a superior broad and 3-cone, while still running a sub 5.0 40.

I also doubt Armstead fell to the 3rd round with his athleticism if he also had tape that showed him to be good. My guess is most thought he was very raw and needed to clean up his technique, kind of like Miller.
Share 49ersWebzone