LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 238 users in the forums

Kolton Miller OT UCLA

• Andra
  • Veteran
I was watching these YouTube clips of him last night. Now I was pretty high while watching , but from what I saw he's a better run blocker than pass protector. His footwork moving backwards is not good. The other possibility is that he is a RT playing LT and that his footwork moving backwards and to the right would be better, but that is just speculation.

Originally posted by T-9ers:
Pretty sure we didn't draft anyone we brought in last year.

Just FYI:

Just for reference, here's Shanny/Lynch's record so far on meeting someone before drafting them:

(name, did they meet with them?)

1. S. Thomas, yes
2. R. Foster, yes
3. A. Witherspoon, yes
4. C.J. Beathard, no
5. J. Williams, no
6. G. Kittle, yes
7. T. Taylor, no
8. D.J. Jones, no
9. Pita T., no
10. A. Colbert, no

Also, we met with several of our UDFA/practice squad guys.
I'm starting to get sick thinking this guy is a trade down target
Originally posted by 49ers808:
I'm starting to get sick thinking this guy is a trade down target

Jeez, I hope not.
NFL Network draft expert Mike Mayock thinks UCLA OT Kolton Miller shares some similarities to New York Giants OT Nate Solder.

Miller (6'8/310) was in front of scouts last week at UCLA's pro day. He ripped up the NFL Scouting Combine a few weeks ago, posting a composite athletic score in the 97th percentile, the best of any offensive lineman in Indy. Miller set the broad jump record for an OL with a 10-foot-1 inch jump. At this point, he's just about a first-round lock.
Source: NFL.com

UCLA OT Kolton Miller has a workout scheduled with the San Francisco 49ers and an official visit set with the Dallas Cowboys.

Miller (6'8/310) met with the Seattle Seahawks, Carolina Panthers and Atlanta Falcons at his pro day workout last week. Miller stood on his combine numbers -- no surprise since he tested as the class' most-athletic OL -- but looked good in drills. "He's a long, lean tackle who moved well about the field," Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline wrote. "I was surprised to find out that many teams feel he'll stay at left tackle in the NFL, as I've always viewed Miller as a right tackle prospect. Scouts love his upside and feel he has the agility to stay on the blind side."
Source: Draft Analyst

Ready for a trade down?
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
NFL Network draft expert Mike Mayock thinks UCLA OT Kolton Miller shares some similarities to New York Giants OT Nate Solder.

Miller (6'8/310) was in front of scouts last week at UCLA's pro day. He ripped up the NFL Scouting Combine a few weeks ago, posting a composite athletic score in the 97th percentile, the best of any offensive lineman in Indy. Miller set the broad jump record for an OL with a 10-foot-1 inch jump. At this point, he's just about a first-round lock.

UCLA OT Kolton Miller has a workout scheduled with the San Francisco 49ers and an official visit set with the Dallas Cowboys.

Miller (6'8/310) met with the Seattle Seahawks, Carolina Panthers and Atlanta Falcons at his pro day workout last week. Miller stood on his combine numbers -- no surprise since he tested as the class' most-athletic OL -- but looked good in drills. "He's a long, lean tackle who moved well about the field," Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline wrote. "I was surprised to find out that many teams feel he'll stay at left tackle in the NFL, as I've always viewed Miller as a right tackle prospect. Scouts love his upside and feel he has the agility to stay on the blind side."

Ready for a trade down?

Ruh roh. Watchout Trent Brown.. I'm serious y'all... ...

Ready for a trade down?

You mean trade down in the 3rd dude might be a 1st rd pick based on need at OT, he sure as s**t isn't a 1st rd prospect...how much was Rosen on his ass or pressured at UCLA
Originally posted by NYniner85:
You mean trade down in the 3rd dude might be a 1st rd pick based on need at OT, he sure as s**t isn't a 1st rd prospect...how much was Rosen on his ass or pressured at UCLA

Played LT right? Seems like he's a better projected RT that can move and run block like a mofo in the OZBS.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Ready for a trade down?

Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Ready for a trade down?

No stone left unturned

Originally posted by jreff22:
Don't reach

this x 10000000

Ready for a trade down?

Major concern in bold.

The players he'll face in the NFL are light years better than who he faced.
I cannot believe this guy is getting first round consideration. He's a late 3rd at best. Huge project.
Originally posted by Dillesq:
I cannot believe this guy is getting first round consideration. He's a late 3rd at best. Huge project.

This. I would be very nervous thinking of this guy starting on my OL this year, even next. OT's are so under coached for the pro game in college these days that if we are going to start thinking about replacing Joe in 2 years we should probably get a guy we can coach up now. Not sure if this is the guy though, certainly not before the 3rd round.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Ready for a trade down?

Major concern in bold.

The players he'll face in the NFL are light years better than who he faced.
Some of the hits Rosen took are his own fault, that guy plays hero ball way too much.
Share 49ersWebzone