LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 149 users in the forums

Who do u think the niners will pick at #9

Who do u think the niners will pick at #9

Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I think we'll end up trading down.

That's our best bet but finding someone to deal with is the key.

For sure!

IMO, the easy scenario is if one of the QB's fall to us at 9.

Doubtful.

Still, we can always hope.
Roquan or Landry. Either will be a great addition
Fairly confident we won't make any selection at 9 - we either trade up for a falling Chub or trade back.

There's alot of great talent at positions of need that are projected later 1 and early 2 (Harold Landry, Isaiah Oliver, Harold Landry, Courtland Sutton, DJ Moore, Anthony Miller, Dallas Goedert, Isaiah Wynn, James Daniels, Rashaan Evans, Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, James Washington, Connor Williams, Calvin Ridley). If we can turn our 1st and 2nd into 3 players on that list it will be a slam dunk start to the draft and would still have 2 3rd round picks.
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Mar 16, 2018 at 2:26 PM ]
I kind of get a sense that the niners will either trade up for Bradley Chubb or Quentin Nelson . If they stay at 9 I get a sense it will be tremaine edmunds or roquan smith . They can always trade back into the first round or early second round and draft a pass rusher like Arden key .
Originally posted by Tylerawiseguy:
I kind of get a sense that the niners will either trade up for Bradley Chubb or Quentin Nelson . If they stay at 9 I get a sense it will be tremaine edmunds or roquan smith . They can always trade back into the first round or early second round and draft a pass rusher like Arden key .

Don't think we love those guys enough to trade up. I personally wouldn't mind trading back 2-3 spots and getting a 3rd IF we believe our guy will for sure be there AND we get a 3rd to possibly get another push starter.
Assuming Chubb or Nelson don't slide to 9. I think the pick will be Roquan Smith. We can't rely on an immature Reuben Foster to stay out of trouble. I mean it would be nice if did but I wouldn't count on it.

Landry would be a reach at 9.
[ Edited by SFrush on Mar 18, 2018 at 11:24 AM ]
Kentwan Balmer
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Kentwan Balmer

Still post padding I see.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Roquan or Landry. Either will be a great addition

Really torn between the two. I'd really love a Reuben and Roquan pairing for the next 10 years. But, I'd also like the potential of a ER in Landry. Hate to be the one making the pick.
What does Edmunds bring...watch some tape on him. 6-5, 253 (combine), rangy, fast and could play any of Saleh's LB positions. He turns 20 just after the draft...that's a lot of talent & versatility to add to our team.

Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Smith, Landry makes sense, my dark horses were Vea and Guice. A corner or James have to be considered as well.

I believe Smith will be the bpa and he fills a major need imo so why not.

A small trade down would be my favorite move if Smith wasn't there or the offer was fantastic. Then my dark horses make even more sense.

I'm liking Vea at #9. But in any case, they should be able to find a good contributor be it a Ward, Smith, Davenport, or Landry.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
I say if Fitzpatrick falls we will take him, but Davenport or Williams or Wynn for the OL is where I think we go.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
One guy's opinion:

https://www.fourthandnine.co/single-post/2018/03/18/49ers-top-five-board-projection-for-2018-NFL-Draft-post-free-agency
Share 49ersWebzone