LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

Who falls ?

Watching all the free agent frenzy going on has me wondering about the draft and who falls now, I think depending on who the colts take Barkley or Chubb will fall now, but how far ?

Browns-QB
Giants-Nelson or QB
Colts-Chubb or Barkley
Browns trade to bills for QB
Broncos-QB

Would you trade up to 6 to land Barkley or Chubb ???

I think the 9th pick along with a 3rd this year and a 4th next year along with AA (jets lost Wilkerson so AA would fit right in at DE in their 3-4)could get it done..

Thoughts ??
[ Edited by jersey49er on Mar 14, 2018 at 5:31 AM ]
I don't think the situation has changed all that much for us tbh.

Nelson, Chubb, Barkley will still all be gone by the time we chose. We'll still be debating Edmunds, Smith, Landry, Davenport all the way up until Lynch/Kyle bypass all of them.
[ Edited by JaggedJ on Mar 14, 2018 at 5:30 AM ]
Originally posted by JaggedJ:

Nelson, Chubb, Barkley will still all be gone by the time we chose. We'll still be debating Edmunds, Smith, Landry, Davenport all the way up until Lynch/Kyle bypass all of them.

I think 4 QBs could go in the top 6 honestly so 1 of Nelson, Chubb or Barkley will be available at 6, I'd trade up to secure 1..I think all 3 will be stars..
Originally posted by jersey49er:

I think 4 QBs could go in the top 6 honestly so 1 of Nelson, Chubb or Barkley will be available at 6, I'd trade up to secure 1..I think all 3 will be stars..

Then there's Fitzpatrick to consider who really should go before 9, but you can say that about the other 3.

Nelson is an interesting one because you could make a case for most of the teams ahead of us needing him, but most of them also need QB's or are trade back candidates. No way he gets passed the Bears unless Fitzpatrick is there and they have to choose.

Just can't see Chubb or Barkley falling though, even with 4 QB's.

Allen, Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Barkley, Nelson are looking like the top 8 for me (not in that order).

Then there's Fitzpatrick to consider who really should go before 9, but you can say that about the other 3.

Nelson is an interesting one because you could make a case for most of the teams ahead of us needing him, but most of them also need QB's or are trade back candidates. No way he gets passed the Bears unless Fitzpatrick is there and they have to choose.

Just can't see Chubb or Barkley falling though, even with 4 QB's.

Allen, Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Barkley, Nelson are looking like the top 8 for me (not in that order).

Derwin James could sneak in there too, all I kno is if Nelson, Barkley or Chubb become available at the 6 spot I would hope the niners try to trade up to get one..
Strike Barkley from the list. You don't pay 7.5mil for a guy to be your #2 back so I would say Barkley is not in the plans.
Strike Barkley from the list. You don't pay 7.5mil for a guy to be your #2 back so I would say Barkley is not in the plans.

Yup..as great of a fit Jerick is I can't believe he got that much, I guess with Brieda and Williams getting paid so low it's not that bad..

What would moving up from 9-6 cost?

I didn't think we would go up and not for Barkley (especially now with McKinnon), but Chubb and nelson would probably seriously tempt them. It's plausible they could be there at ) as you say.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,500 for Sourball.
I'd be happy only if they traded up for Chubb.
As has been stated ad nauseam, Kyle's (and his Dads) system is running back friendly and doesn't need a #1 drafted RB, although would be nice to see how well Barkley would do here, I would only trade up for a position of real need which right now is a pass rusher to get the other teams O off the field and get Jimmy and lesser RB back onto the field.
Originally posted by Sourball:
I'd be happy only if they traded up for Chubb.
As has been stated ad nauseam, Kyle's (and his Dads) system is running back friendly and doesn't need a #1 drafted RB, although would be nice to see how well Barkley would do here, I would only trade up for a position of real need which right now is a pass rusher to get the other teams O off the field and get Jimmy and lesser RB back onto the field.

Chubb could fall if 4 QBs and Barkley go in the top 5 which would very very much tempt the niners and have lots wanting them to trade up and take him, would actually be a perfect situation, like I said I think the 9th pick, a 3rd, 4th next year and AA would be enough..

6th pick=1600
For
9th pick=1350
3rd rd pick=220
4th rd pick=80
Arik Armstead

Poor AA.

Where there's a 9ers trade hyperthetical, his name will appear.
Poor AA.

Where there's a 9ers trade hyperthetical, his name will appear.

Makes sense for the jets tho, they lost their starting DE in Wilkerson, AA has no position here, send him to a team he fits the scheme and the jets are just that..
If Chubb makes it to 6th, I think we need to pull the trigger. The Bucs will scoop him up if we don't.

That would definitely be a first. QB position is always over hyped. There will be 2 QB taken before we pick.
Take it with a grain of salt, but I've been hearing that the Bills want to trade up to the 3rd pick to select a QB.
Share 49ersWebzone