There are 148 users in the forums

Bills Trade Gordy to the Bengals and swap 1st and 5th round picks.

Well it has begun. The Bill are now behind the Dolphins. I expect both want a QB. Along with the Browns (who I feel pick QB with the 4th pick and not the first pick), Denver, and Jets. That means one of the QB's maybe available if you consider Rosen, Darnold, Allen and Mayfield worthy. So they will either trade up to the Giants, Colts, Bucs, Bears or 49ers.

If one of the 4 falls to the niners pick and the two both want that player, the pot just got sweeter and we will get really good compensation not to mention since we won't fall back to far, get the player the niners want..
Originally posted by WildBill:
Well it has begun. The Bill are now behind the Dolphins. I expect both want a QB. Along with the Browns (who I feel pick QB with the 4th pick and not the first pick), Denver, and Jets. That means one of the QB's maybe available if you consider Rosen, Darnold, Allen and Mayfield worthy. So they will either trade up to the Giants, Colts, Bucs, Bears or 49ers.

If one of the 4 falls to the niners pick and the two both want that player, the pot just got sweeter and we will get really good compensation not to mention since we won't fall back to far, get the player the niners want..

I don't believe that Buffalo is done moving up. Like the Iggles a few years ago I think they are positioning themselves for an even bigger leap, potentially moving up into the Top 3 by trading up with Indy, ensuring that they get one of the top 3 QB prospects.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I don't believe that Buffalo is done moving up. Like the Iggles a few years ago I think they are positioning themselves for an even bigger leap, potentially moving up into the Top 3 by trading up with Indy, ensuring that they get one of the top 3 QB prospects.

Indy or Giants.
Depending on FA but I could see Denver & Indy swapping then Tampa & Bills swapping.

This has Cleveland Browns written all over it for the 4th overall, in exchange for the 12th and 22nd overall. If the Colts pass rush wasn't so abysmal, I'd say they are in play for a trade up to 3. However, the Colts need Chubb BADLY!!!!
What is fair compensation say if they traded with us right now within a few days to get to 9 to make their leap into the top 3 a lil easier?

Would y'all take a 3rd? We might have to throw in a 6th to get the point differential close to even according to the draft value chart.

Another 3rd sounds mighty tasty. Could allow us to package the Saints pick and move up in the 2nd. A great player should be there, maybe we trade down again depending on other guys we love that could be had a lil lower.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Mar 13, 2018 at 2:47 AM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
This has Cleveland Browns written all over it for the 4th overall, in exchange for the 12th and 22nd overall. If the Colts pass rush wasn't so abysmal, I'd say they are in play for a trade up to 3. However, the Colts need Chubb BADLY!!!!

Anything can happen with the Browns, is Taylor a filler or Franchise QB for them? I think they take Barkley at the first position then QB to groom. Colts also need OL protection, that is why they are in the fight for Norwell with the Giants and Niners. If they don't get him, they sign Sitton and Trade back as you said then go after a tackle and guard with the Bill pick. Then again, the Giants could offer the Bills their pick for the Bills two first rounders and do the same since they need OL especially since Pugh is coming back from back surgery and especially if they don't sign Norwell. By getting moving back and getting the Bills pick. They could tap anyone of the interior OL twice or a tackle and interior OL, depending what they need.

Along with the Browns, the Key maybe the niners getting Norwell signed and screwing everyone else up that wants him.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
What is fair compensation say if they traded with us right now within a few days to get to 9 to make their leap into the top 3 a lil easier?

Would y'all take a 3rd? We might have to throw in a 6th to get the point differential close to even according to the draft value chart.

Another 3rd sounds mighty tasty. Could allow us to package the Saints pick and move up in the 2nd. A great player should be there, maybe we trade down again depending on other guys we love that could be had a lil lower.

I would take the 3rd round pick they got in the Tyrod Taylor trade definitely. Gives us a ton of options on Day 2.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Oh man, that would be interesting.

I want their 2nd rounder! Remember, Dolphins might want the niners pick also to get the 4th QB if it is who they want prevent another team from moving up.

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Depending on FA but I could see Denver & Indy swapping then Tampa & Bills swapping.

Does Denver still want a QB now that they are expected to sign Case on Wednesday? Enquiring minds want to know.

I want their 2nd rounder! Remember, Dolphins might want the niners pick also to get the 4th QB if it is who they want prevent another team from moving up.

AA,our 9th and a 6th,7th for their #12 and 2nd rounder?
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Mar 13, 2018 at 4:51 AM ]

No way Jose, why give up so much if they want the QB, definitely not AA either. Having a deep DL rotation is paramount.

No way Jose, why give up so much if they want the QB, definitely not AA either. Having a deep DL rotation is paramount.

If no AA we got to include a 4th and 5th if I remember correctly. This wiping us out of picks unless we trade some from future drafts which I rather not do. Maybe try to get Ward to agree to a trade and restructure
Share 49ersWebzone