LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 322 users in the forums

Would you make this deal?

Depends who's available at 9 10 and 11. If an elite ish player is available then yes
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by LVJay:
**** NO!!

If they want a QB that bad they better be giving more than a 4th rd...we're basically giving away our 1st / 2nd for theirs and a sorry ass 4th?!

If that is the case (they want a QB bad enough and want to avoid another desperate team leapfrogging), they better give up something more enticing.

I'd trust Shanny / Lynch could swindle some desperado blind

They are giving their 2nd, Niners give their 4th
Edit wait I misread it lol

I'd bet that Lynch and Shanny would be able to work out a deal like.... give our 1st and 4th for some team's 1st and 2nd. If they don't hesitate, just agree to the deal right away, we'd throw in a 6th rounder just to be nice
Yes would make that deal instantly.

Jaire Alexander and DJ Moore.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Personally or surprisingly, I do have Miami or San Diego moving up on our spot.. if a QB that surprised them still there... I feel like Washington will jump all over too, but like with the Cards, the 49ers are wise not to allow a team from the NFC to land a franchise QB.. .
I wouldn't include the 4th. We can swap 1st and 2nd round picks. They don't like it? We trade back with a QB needy team for a bigger haul.
More like our 1st and 4th for their 1st and 2nd.
I was just going off the draft value chart. A lot depends on how well you bluff or if there is actually someone interested in the QB available to push the market.

According to the Chart
Our 1rst, 2nd and 4th is comperable to their 1st and 2nd.

We would be moving up in the 2nd round from pick 59 to pick 42 (moving up 16 spots) and only moving back two picks/positions and still get a player they covet. It is a matter of losing an extra pick to get possibly a better chance at a more valuable player or a player you more highly value.

Essentially in the long term it would have been like we kept our original 2nd round pick and gave up the saints 2nd round pick and a 4th rounder for Jimmy G.
Originally posted by GoldenJoe:
I wouldn't include the 4th. We can swap 1st and 2nd round picks. They don't like it? We trade back with a QB needy team for a bigger haul.

I would want that scenario too. It is a matter if there is someone behind them coveting or how good you are at bluffing, to me though moving up 16 spots in the second and only dropping to spots in the first w/or w/o the 4th is a good deal.

What it comes down to is how good is your scouting and decision. Last year we got a lot of hits with our mid late round picks. The only questionable one at this point was our RB choice.
An easy yes IF that's the best deal we have and KNOW our player will be there. Who knows maybe a double trade down if the first one is only two spots.
If the niners want Roquan then no bc the raiders will take him, if their guy is not getting picked in the 2 picks until they pick then yes obviously, and in round 2 in taking Ronald Jones or Malik Jefferson..assuming no Roquan or Edmunds obviously..

• mayo49
  • Veteran
**** NO!!

If they want a QB that bad they better be giving more than a 4th rd...we're basically giving away our 1st / 2nd for theirs and a sorry ass 4th?!

If that is the case (they want a QB bad enough and want to avoid another desperate team leapfrogging), they better give up something more enticing.

I agree, we need more in return. Maybe, a 2nd in '19 might do it.
Originally posted by mayo49:
**** NO!!

I agree, we need more in return. Maybe, a 2nd in '19 might do it.

I mean look at what they stole last year from the Bears for moving up 1 spot for Trubisky..I remember Shanahan saying he could tell if a trade draft day is to move up for a QB, teams pay..so you might be right the price will be higher
not with those terms but I would love to see them aquire another 2nd or ammo to move up. Two players going in the second that I covet are Gieseki and Jones. Gieseki can take this offense to another level and makes paying for a 1 wr less of a priority.
**** NO!!

This
Share 49ersWebzone