LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 165 users in the forums

Would you make this deal?

One writer was talking about the Dolphins, if a QB was available, might want to move up to the 49ers pick. The Dolphins have the 11th pick.

Looking at the Draft Chart, I figure our 1st, 2nd and 4th, for their 1st and 2nd. Essentially they would move up in the first, and we would move up to the 10th pick in the 2nd, but would lose a 4th.

With that said, if you were too pull the trigger, who would you then pick with your picks?
Yes
If they want their QB they have no leverage but then again why would they even trade up if Niners and raiders won't pick a QB
Originally posted by Alfienator:
If they want their QB they have no leverage but then again why would they even trade up if Niners and raiders won't pick a QB

because someone else might

They don't know if another team is trying to trade up for the Niners or raiders pick?

Because somebody else might leap frog them if the QB they wanted dropped that far. You only have to look at the Chiefs and Texans as an example, not to mention the bears last year. You trade with a team who doesn't want what you want, other wise if the team really wanted a QB why would they trade the pick.

Trading with the Raiders does no good if the niners are still on the clock-another team will just leap, better to be sure if the QB is your man.
[ Edited by WildBill on Mar 6, 2018 at 7:36 PM ]
I'd take that and still try to trade back from their pick too
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Yes

What would you do then?
I would take Laundry, not sure yet who should be the pick in the 2nd. Matbe an OL or LB if a good one is available unless we get a good one in FA
Yes, and go LB at 11.

Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Yes

What would you do then?

Take Landry and/or Smith at 11 then take Braden Smith with that 2nd
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Mar 6, 2018 at 8:40 PM ]
Originally posted by WildBill:

Because somebody else might leap frog them if the QB they wanted dropped that far. You only have to look at the Chiefs and Texans as an example, not to mention the bears last year. You trade with a team who doesn't want what you want, other wise if the team really wanted a QB why would they trade the pick.

Trading with the Raiders does no good if the niners are still on the clock-another team will just leap, better to be sure if the QB is your man.

Then I stand by them having no leverage. You definitely can get more just like the bears trade did last year. If they're afraid of losing a QB they'll definitely give up more if there's competition
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
**** NO!!

If they want a QB that bad they better be giving more than a 4th rd...we're basically giving away our 1st / 2nd for theirs and a sorry ass 4th?!

If that is the case (they want a QB bad enough and want to avoid another desperate team leapfrogging), they better give up something more enticing.

I'd trust Shanny / Lynch could swindle some desperado blind
Originally posted by LVJay:
**** NO!!

If they want a QB that bad they better be giving more than a 4th rd...we're basically giving away our 1st / 2nd for theirs and a sorry ass 4th?!

If that is the case (they want a QB bad enough and want to avoid another desperate team leapfrogging), they better give up something more enticing.

I'd trust Shanny / Lynch could swindle some desperado blind

They are giving their 2nd, Niners give their 4th
Edit wait I misread it lol
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Mar 6, 2018 at 8:54 PM ]
  • fip24
  • Veteran
Landry or Davenport at 11 and Will Hernandez or Sony Michele in rd 2
Share 49ersWebzone