LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 305 users in the forums

Draft Format Change Idea

I've been smoking weed this morning (legal in Oregon) and that idea still doesn't make sense. If they had the offensive draft on day one, every team looking for defensive help would be sitting around waiting. They used to have 11 rounds but the league had far fewer teams then. Seven is fine now with all the expansion. Plus you still have non drafted guys signing as free agents. I'm not sure I like they way they do it now with only one pick on Friday then 2 on Sat. with the rest on Sunday. I'd rather see 1-3 on Saturday and 4-7 on Sunday. Hate staying home on Friday just to see one round.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
So the Browns would get the best defensive player and offensive player. Yeah I'd rather have a lottery for the first pick

Well technically speaking, its POSSIBLE in real life for the Browns to come away with Barkley and chubb to bookend Garrett
Originally posted by krizay:
So the Browns would get the best defensive player and offensive player. Yeah I'd rather have a lottery for the first pick

Well technically speaking, its POSSIBLE in real life for the Browns to come away with Barkley and chubb to bookend Garrett

Well in this complete train wreck of an idea they could land Rosen, Barkley, Chubb and Roquan Smith.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stonecold590:
The only people who would want more rounds are the NFL. Add an extra round get another 2 hours of TV time with advertising. I'm sure the UDFA would prefer to keep it as is due to them being able to pick the team they sign with as most of them have multiple suiters.

I don't know why they would who would watch the last few rounds? I know I wouldn't I barely even watch till the 7th
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:

Well in this complete train wreck of an idea they could land Rosen, Barkley, Chubb and Roquan Smith.

Point taken
Originally posted by fan49:
The only people who would want more rounds are the NFL. Add an extra round get another 2 hours of TV time with advertising. I'm sure the UDFA would prefer to keep it as is due to them being able to pick the team they sign with as most of them have multiple suiters.

I don't know why they would who would watch the last few rounds? I know I wouldn't I barely even watch till the 7th

I would, no doubt. And I'm somewhat ashamed of that fact.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by a49erfan77:
**Hits Blunt**.. I got to thinking today that it might be pretty cool to have two drafts. One for defense and one for offense. Each draft would have 5 rounds. Picks could be traded between the different drafts (ex. a team could trade their 1st round pick in the offensive draft for a pick in the defensive draft).

I adjusted your original comment so that i would make a bit more sense.

I have an idea, "7 minute abs" and if your not satisfied we will through in an extra minute for free
Originally posted by Baylor:
I have an idea, "7 minute abs" and if your not satisfied we will through in an extra minute for free

What about six minutes?

Nah, the NFL doesn't want it because if these guys were draft picks teams couldn't get away with giving them contract guarantees in the four digits.

Too many teams for that many rds...as it is, it takes 3 days to get through it. That's all because of the NFL's greed to suck as much money from its fans as they can. 7 rds is enough...the rest are UDFA's which after every draft yield a fair amount of talent.
Share 49ersWebzone