LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Matt Miller's 7-Round Predictions

Just released post combine mock

9. San Francisco 49ers

The Pick: LB Roquan Smith, Georgia
The San Francisco 49ers are an ideal team to target as a potential trade partner for clubs hoping to trade up and select a quarterback in a scenario like this, where Josh Rosen and Baker Mayfield slip. Should that happen on draft day, I would expect general manager John Lynch to auction this selection off and still get a quality player. But with no trades predicted, the 49ers sit tight at pick No. 9 overall and draft the nation's best linebacker.
Roquan Smith isn't the biggest guy (6'1", 236 lbs) but is incredibly fast to the ball and showed that with his 4.51 time in the 40-yard dash. He's the best in the draft class at playing the run and can be a shutdown player outside the hashes. He reminds me of a young Bobby Wagner in that way.
The 49ers already have a need at stack linebacker and may have an even bigger one depending on Reuben Foster's legal situation. Smith gives them insurance should Foster miss games but could turn the front seven into a strength if both can get onto the field together.

59. San Francisco 49ers—Deon Cain WR Clemson
70. San Francisco 49ers—Austin Corbett OG Nevada
74. San Francisco 49ers—Anthony Averett CB Alabama
128. San Francisco 49ers—Trevon Young EDGE Louisville
143. San Francisco 49ers—Christian Campbell CB Penn State
184. San Francisco 49ers—Roc Thomas RB Jacksonville State
227. San Francisco 49ers—Garret Dooley LB Wisconsin
240. San Francisco 49ers—Bilal Nichols DL Delaware

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2762798-2018-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-7-round-predictions-post-combine
Matt Miller has come to his senses.

Originally posted by jreff22:
Just released post combine mock

9. San Francisco 49ers

The Pick: LB Roquan Smith, Georgia
The San Francisco 49ers are an ideal team to target as a potential trade partner for clubs hoping to trade up and select a quarterback in a scenario like this, where Josh Rosen and Baker Mayfield slip. Should that happen on draft day, I would expect general manager John Lynch to auction this selection off and still get a quality player. But with no trades predicted, the 49ers sit tight at pick No. 9 overall and draft the nation's best linebacker.
Roquan Smith isn't the biggest guy (6'1", 236 lbs) but is incredibly fast to the ball and showed that with his 4.51 time in the 40-yard dash. He's the best in the draft class at playing the run and can be a shutdown player outside the hashes. He reminds me of a young Bobby Wagner in that way.
The 49ers already have a need at stack linebacker and may have an even bigger one depending on Reuben Foster's legal situation. Smith gives them insurance should Foster miss games but could turn the front seven into a strength if both can get onto the field together.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2762798-2018-nfl-mock-draft-matt-millers-7-round-predictions-post-combine

Since we're grabbing Allen Robinson, I don't think we go WR that early. Roc thomas and christian campbell are head scratchers here as well. Otherwise it's fine.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Heroism, which of the above selections do you most like for the Niners? I ask because you do a good job in the 'Zone of sharing your insights on the talent coming out of college (I wish I had more time to follow the college game...mainly just the Niners/NFL at this point in my life).
The Roq!!!
Swap Deon Cain with Jaire Alexander and this is a winner
I wouldn't complain about smith. But millers drafts tend to be all over the place. Giants take Nelson at 2 and Rosen falls to 11? There's not a chance. Rosen is a solid qb prospect and there are a ton of qb needs teams. Makes no sense.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Absolutely LOVE IT!!!
Originally posted by Heroism:

He moved EQ St. Brown up from the bottom of the 7th to the bottom of the 6th. I don't understand why he hates that kid so much.
Originally posted by Dillesq:
Since we're grabbing Allen Robinson, I don't think we go WR that early. Roc thomas and christian campbell are head scratchers here as well. Otherwise it's fine.

Me redo of who is available..

Kyzir White S West Virginia
Frank Ragnow OC Arkansas

DJ Chark WR LSU

Take Corbett here

Wyatt Teller OG Virginia Tech

Ade Aruna EDGE Tulane

Holton Hill CB Texas

Chase Edmonds RB Fordham

Jordan Akins TE UCF

Its alright. With these projections, i would of gone like this.

Trade down with bills, get both of their first round picks

1st: EDGE Harold Landry
1st: LB Rashaan Evans
2nd: OC/G Frank Ragnow
3rd: WR Michael Gallup
3rd: CB Anthony Everett
4th: RB Royce Freeman
5th: S Jordan Whitehead
6th: OC/G Bradley Bozeman
7th: LB Garrett Dooley
7th: RB Chase Edmunds

Pick up a CB in FA like Johnson, Butler, or Melvin. CB market is too rich right now to pass up

Pick up Taylor Gabriel.

Rest of the FA pickups could be depth. I think the team would already be stacked with most of the holes filled
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Mar 6, 2018 at 9:23 AM ]
Matt Miller tweeted John Lynch earlier and told him to go get Allen Robinson
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Absolutely LOVE IT!!!

Yeah me too.

We can't fill all our needs in one offseason but that draft fills a bunch.
Only a mid-level edge rusher? Edge is the only position Lynch can't cover in FA. He'll most likely go high as 1st round for an edge player.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
Only a mid-level edge rusher? Edge is the only position Lynch can't cover in FA. He'll most likely go high as 1st round for an edge player.

If its not there dont force it.
Share 49ersWebzone