LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 418 users in the forums

Matt barrows of sac bee on knbr says the niners will draft

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by socal9er42:
What does he see in Davenport? Sorry, personal feelings on that one. Edmunds, Landry, or Roquan for the Front 7 I can understand. A top CB or S I can live with. Nelson if he slides.

But Davenport?

You can get Landry in round 2.

No, no you can't
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by socal9er42:
What does he see in Davenport? Sorry, personal feelings on that one. Edmunds, Landry, or Roquan for the Front 7 I can understand. A top CB or S I can live with. Nelson if he slides.

But Davenport?

I wish somebody could explain drafting Smith in the first I don't get it. The thing I get is that yeah he's the best middle linebacker in this draft. But he's smaller than Foster we might as well just move reid to middle linebacker. I mean are we going to draft a 200 pound linebacker next maybe a 180-pound or after that until we figure out if they all get manhandled by offensive lineman. I know Ruben did and it was half technique and half size

He actually weighed more than foster at the combine (came in at 236). Go look at the league now and the system SF runs...They don't use 250 LBers in this scheme. it's all about speed and instincts. Jag's LBers are all 220-235 lbs ATLs LBers are all 220-235lbs,
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fan49:
I wish somebody could explain drafting Smith in the first I don't get it. The thing I get is that yeah he's the best middle linebacker in this draft. But he's smaller than Foster we might as well just move reid to middle linebacker. I mean are we going to draft a 200 pound linebacker next maybe a 180-pound or after that until we figure out if they all get manhandled by offensive lineman. I know Ruben did and it was half technique and half size

Does the fact that he is not 240+ make him a liability?

Falcons MLB Deion Jones is under 225 and has been a great player to date. He may be a tad undersized but it has not hindered his ability and he is one of the better LB'ers in the game right now.
Originally posted by Tylerawiseguy:
Matt barrows of the sac bee went on knbr today and says he thinks the niners will draft either tremaine edmunds or Marcus davenport . That might upset some people if we draft another DE but we need a pass rusher .
I don't see how that upsets anyone.
barrows joining the athletic as well

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 21, 2018 at 8:20 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Kawakami introducing his replacement, just doesn't know it yet.
Originally posted by Debryune:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Kawakami introducing his replacement, just doesn't know it yet.

Hope barrows uses platform for recognition and eventually covers 49ers on ESPN or somen.
Share 49ersWebzone