There are 199 users in the forums

Who would you take 9th overall, QUENTON NELSON, ROQUAN SMITH or TREMAINE EDMUNDS?

Who would you take 9th overall, QUENTON NELSON, ROQUAN SMITH or TREMAINE EDMUNDS?

If all three players would be there, which one would you take? This is a tough one for me.

We need more talent at Guard, but because Reuben Foster can´t get out of trouble, we also need another elite Linebacker.
Love Q Nelson, but we can get a guard later. lol
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
we already have a bunch of young OG .. they just need to stay healthy.. I'd stay away from NELSON with the 9th overall pick.. he can't get us to the Super Bowl...

plus, WILL " The Pancake " HERNANDEZ should be available late, maybe we can trade back late in the 1st round if we really wanted another OG..

Edmunds may not be there at 9, so I'm thinking of The Roq instead... but if Edmunds is there, should be a NO brainer..
1. Nelson-Best guard prospect in the past 20 years. Size and athleticism to work in any scheme.

2. Roquan-Ready to go right out of the box, excelled at the highest levels of college football. Top notch instincts and tackling ability.

3. Edmunds-Supreme physical talent with outstanding athleticism, top notch tackler, still pretty raw, gave up a lot of big plays due to a lack of awareness and instincts, especially in zone coverage. Will need time to develop.
Harold Landry
Can't answer that question until after free agency. If all 3 of these guys were available I would probably say Nelson though (unless they already nabbed Norwell in FA).
Nelson
Nelson.... Smith..... no Nelson.... wait Smith definately Smith.... eh Nelson yeah maybe. Definately not Edmunds that's all I really know. Smith honestly makes more sense cause of the Foster issues and the depth at Guard in this draft and the lack of Linebackers projected for next year. But Nelson is incredible and just screams gold jacket.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
1. Nelson-Best guard prospect in the past 20 years. Size and athleticism to work in any scheme.

2. Roquan-Ready to go right out of the box, excelled at the highest levels of college football. Top notch instincts and tackling ability.

3. Edmunds-Supreme physical talent with outstanding athleticism, top notch tackler, still pretty raw, gave up a lot of big plays due to a lack of awareness and instincts, especially in zone coverage. Will need time to develop.

Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Originally posted by Dillesq:
Love Q Nelson, but we can get a guard later. lol

Not a guard like that.
Nelson for sure.
All depends on Free agency..I'll come back to this thread after..
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Nelson is one of those hall-of-fame types, but Smith is a production machine whose presence will be very significant.
Share 49ersWebzone