LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

At #9 overall who do you take Davenport or Landry?

At #9 overall who do you take Davenport or Landry?

Landry
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
If it has to be one of those two, I'd pick Landry, but I prefer Trey Downe. Matt Barrows said the 49ers are really interested in him, and I think he's the best option.

I googled him... I don't like you
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Broseph6:
Neither...

+1
NEITHER at the #9 spot, if a trade down then maybe. Pick a blue chip player like Roaquan or OL, or WR. Do not reach on a 3-4 OLB or a major project.

If we had to pick one, Davenport by a mile over the player form boston college
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
They're both projects in my mind - I'd take the safe bet and take Smith.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 4, 2018 at 7:25 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'd go Davenport with Saleh's scheme if it were Fangio's I would go Landry.
Davenport, his senior bowl performance with his Cory Maine numbers at his size. He meets need with potential and attributes. Yes she please!
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Landry without question

Why would you take Landry at 9 when you could trade down and still get him.

Ummm because I'm answering the question.
Landry without question

Originally posted by jcs:
+1

+2

Trade down and then Landry.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Trade down and then Landry.

+1.75
I would not take either of them with the ninth pick. I would trade down a few slots to pick up some ammo, but then I would take Laundry. I think his fall in sack production was due to his ankle injury and teams double teaming him last year and on film he shows good dip and bend. Davenport did well at the Senior Bowl, but the production was not there considering his gifts for his level of play.

Considering that Foster is a scratch, at nine, if the niners stay put, I would rather take Tremaine Edmunds, he can fill in for Foster and later play alongside him if Foster does come back, but because of his gifts 34.5 inch length, 83"+ wingspan, 6'5" at 253 lbs and a 4.54 40, he maybe able to be our LEO on pass downs. He was not asked to rush the passer a lot, but he could cause confusion, by starting to lineup in the middle then shifting to the end position and because of his speed, he can play the big TE and WRs. He could be like the Queen chess piece an he is only 19. Not that he doesn't have weaknesses, but most is due to his youth and he is only 19! Not to mention NFL bloodlines. He can learn to rush from the seniors-Kills two birds with one stone.
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
If it has to be one of those two, I'd pick Landry, but I prefer Trey Downe. Matt Barrows said the 49ers are really interested in him, and I think he's the best option.

Interesting does he have his own thread yet? This year's pick is hard to predict especially after the last 2 seasons.

Most mocks closer to draft nailed the Solomon and Buckner picks desire different regimes. Wonder if that happens again this year.

Say that name out loud a few times.

HA

Got me.

I mean you never know

Landry without question

Share 49ersWebzone