There are 159 users in the forums

Josh Sweat, EDGE, FSU

NDT Scouting's Jon Ledyard reports that the Tennessee Titans have shown "a lot of interest" in Florida State edge rusher Josh Sweat.

Per Ledyard, Sweat will be taking a visit to the Titans in the coming days. He's a logical fit given their needs on the line. The analyst additionally ticks off the Redskins, Giants, Seahawks, Patriots and Saints as parties which will play host to the 6-foot-4, 251-pounder upcoming. He's aced the draft process this winter-into-spring, turning in a composite athletic score ranking in the 95th percentile of NFL edge rushers during combine testing and then backing that up with a rock-solid pro day showing. We view Sweat as a potential sleeper to jump over his Day 2 designation for a late Day 1 pick. He's shown more than enough over the past few months to warrant that kind of consideration.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
NDT Scouting's Jon Ledyard reports that the Tennessee Titans have shown "a lot of interest" in Florida State edge rusher Josh Sweat.

Per Ledyard, Sweat will be taking a visit to the Titans in the coming days. He's a logical fit given their needs on the line. The analyst additionally ticks off the Redskins, Giants, Seahawks, Patriots and Saints as parties which will play host to the 6-foot-4, 251-pounder upcoming. He's aced the draft process this winter-into-spring, turning in a composite athletic score ranking in the 95th percentile of NFL edge rushers during combine testing and then backing that up with a rock-solid pro day showing. We view Sweat as a potential sleeper to jump over his Day 2 designation for a late Day 1 pick. He's shown more than enough over the past few months to warrant that kind of consideration.

Yup Height/Weight/Speed is all there and someone will massively overdraft him. Trouble is he isn't very good at football.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

honestly if he didn't have that scary ass knee injury and if fsu played him correctly, he would've been a top 10 pick in this draft.
If someone wants to draft Sweat before our 2nd round pick(assuming we don't draft Landry in the first round) that's fine with me. He would be my plan B if no Landry but I also have enough concerns about the guy that if someone took him ahead of us I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

My biggest fear is him coming out as a junior after a fairly mediocre season. He could have home stuff I'm not aware of and that's why he had to declare but it also makes me think this guy just wants a paycheck...

I'd still take a chance on him with our 2nd rounder but if he goes before our pick I'm ok with it. it's also why I'd rather just take Landry in the first round and get it over with...great player, great person, great fit for our needs and someone I have 0 concerns about putting in the work since he could've easily ran to the NFL after his monster junior season(maybe he should have) but wanted to get his degree and work on his overall game.
he's not making it to our 2nd rd pick
Let's trade up and get this guy in the 2nd... where is he slotted right now, middle 2nd round?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
If someone wants to draft Sweat before our 2nd round pick(assuming we don't draft Landry in the first round) that's fine with me. He would be my plan B if no Landry but I also have enough concerns about the guy that if someone took him ahead of us I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

My biggest fear is him coming out as a junior after a fairly mediocre season. He could have home stuff I'm not aware of and that's why he had to declare but it also makes me think this guy just wants a paycheck...

I'd still take a chance on him with our 2nd rounder but if he goes before our pick I'm ok with it. it's also why I'd rather just take Landry in the first round and get it over with...great player, great person, great fit for our needs and someone I have 0 concerns about putting in the work since he could've easily ran to the NFL after his monster junior season(maybe he should have) but wanted to get his degree and work on his overall game.

Sweat is really growing on me. The more I watch him, the less concerning that knee appears to be
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
Sweat is really growing on me. The more I watch him, the less concerning that knee appears to be

I like that he's got some power in those long arms. He's got a great ceiling if he's healthy and refines his pass rush.
Originally posted by zonkers:
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:

I like that he's got some power in those long arms. He's got a great ceiling if he's healthy and refines his pass rush.

Seen some clips where he sets the edge well with purpose.

• FaTaL
  • Veteran
Well the niners need a Leo in the late second or third
[ Edited by FaTaL on Apr 26, 2018 at 10:24 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone