There are 180 users in the forums

DJ Chark WR LSU

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
To me, Chark is too much of a one-trick pony to be in that top tier of WRs. I love that he can take the top off of a defense. I just don't see enough skill in short and intermediate routes.

But would you take him in the 3rd or 4th? No way would I touch him in the 1st even with a trade down.

Sure, His value to me begins in the third round.

Ditto

Although there is always some team that will gamble.
I like Chark a lot...any weaknesses he has in the short to intermediate routes can be taught. Outside of Goodwin, we don't have any WR's who can take the lid off a defense. I'd love to see Lynch draft him at the appropriate spot.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
But would you take him in the 3rd or 4th? No way would I touch him in the 1st even with a trade down.

Oh heck no.

He isn't a 1st rounder.

2.59 or one of our 3rd seems about right.
D.J. CHARK, Louisiana State (6-3, 198, 4.41, 2-3): Fastest of the top 10 WRs. "He'd run 9's, speed posts, deep shots every play I can," said one scout. "If you like the deep ball, or least a guy that can at least scare the (bleep) out of the safety, he will be that guy. He will bring it every time to the lid of the coverage. He can run all day. If you try to make him into a possession guy, that's not what he is." Soldiered through an ordinary career at LSU playing with inferior quarterbacks, and then turned in unimpressive practices at the Senior Bowl. Then he exploded for an MVP award in the Senior Bowl game (5-160-1) before notching a fast 40 plus a 40-inch vertical jump at the combine. "People always saw him as a straight-line guy who could run but never could get the ball consistently there," another scout said. "He's had a huge rise since the season." Finished with 66 receptions for 1,351 (20.5) and six TDs. "His No. 1 asset is vertical speed," a third scout said. "He's got to work on his route running and his strength." From Alexandria, La.

From Bob McGinn.
I would want this guy but he's gonna be overdrafted.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Imagine him and Goodwin out on the field at the same time. Defensive backs would crap their pants. This dude just flat out flies by people.

'
He's def going in round 2.
Chark has grown a TON on me. I think he and Sutton have crazy high potential. St. Brown too. Would love any one of them
what are the chances Shanny actual drafts him, I know the 9ers talked to him either at the senior bowl or the combine,could he eventually with working hard on his route tree be a No.1 later down the road when Carcon time is up or do you Guys see Kendrick B taking Carcon spot as a No.1 wr.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Imagine him and Goodwin out on the field at the same time. Defensive backs would crap their pants. This dude just flat out flies by people.

'

damn the spacing on the field would be equivalent to the warriors offense

Share 49ersWebzone